The Last of Us Has Infected 6 Million PS3s Since Launch

Posted by Robert Ramsey

Apocalyptic party

Along with the ridiculous amount of awards and heaps of praise that it has to its name, Naughty Dog's post apocalyptic PlayStation 3 epic can now boast about its impressive sales figures, too.

It's been revealed on the PlayStation Blog that the critically acclaimed title has surpassed 6 million sales, and for an exclusive new property, that's certainly something to shake your spores about. Adding further to the celebrations, it's been stated that The Last of Us' expansion story Left Behind is now the highest rated slice of downloadable content on the PS3, sporting a rather fetching 89 on Metacritic. Have you been sticking shivs into the fleshy growths of clickers since day one? Keep quiet in the comments section below.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

Related Games

AeroZeppelin

AeroZeppelin said:

@WickedKnightAl Your right these are killer app numbers which is why there will definitely be sequels i don't think Sony is going to pass up the opportunity to tern Last of us in too a million dollar (Possibly billion dollar) franchise

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

Great, next Last of Us should be on PS3 and PS4 for people who can't afford PS4 :P

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

Naughty Dog should make a spin-off for the Vita, it could be about the 20 years after the death of Joel's daughter and his time as a hunter.

Bad-MuthaAdebisi

Bad-MuthaAdebisi said:

If we don't see it (Sequel/prequel/whatever) on ps4 in the next couple of years I'll be a very sad mushroom.

AeroZeppelin

AeroZeppelin said:

@SimonAdebisi Like i said in my comment above i don't think Sony is going to pass up the opportunity to tern Last of Us in too a million dollar (possibly billion dollar) franchise i think there will definitely be Sequels Prequels Spin-offs merchandise or whatever else Sony can think of to milk as much money out Last of us as they possibly can

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

It's begging for a giant open world, Akham Asylum -> City type sequel. Maybe they could also give any charisma/chemistry to the relationships between characters. (SPOILERS: why do even we care when the "main" characters die? What do they think/feel about each other and the world they live in? I love that the Fireflies want gov't restored, but there's too little context for anything to really matter plot-wise. Let her die. Let everyone die... Which is how it ends...???????? So he and I feel the same way about it? Please, I'll buy the sequel just for some answers!

ToddlerNaruto

ToddlerNaruto said:

I wish I was one of those 6 million owners :(. How much longer until the price drops down to $30 New on Amazon?

I'm hoping I won't have to wait until Black Friday (November) or Christmas (December) sales...

NathanUC

NathanUC said:

I am a bit ashamed to admit I've still never finished it :(

Dodging all the internet spoilers is getting harder and harder by the day, so I might just have to take a weekend and finish it before I retire my PS3.

Shaunms401

Shaunms401 said:

Ps4 port? Don't really want to buy this for ps3. I have enough games to play on that system.

Diddy_kong

Diddy_kong said:

I could never get into this game. I'm not hating on it - the crafting and the stealth just aren't my things. However, I'm glad that Sony had such a blockbuster exclusive to their name last year.