TGS 2013: Kojima Productions Sneaks Out Fresh Metal Gear Solid 5 Footage

Powered by PlayStation 4

We already got to sample a huge chunk of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain earlier in the week, but developer Kojima Productions has followed up with a farm fresh snippet running on the PlayStation 4. This shows our eye-patched protagonist Big Boss scouting out an enemy facility during the day – and getting embroiled in an explosive shootout.

There are some texture pop-in issues, but we’re sure that those will be cleared up prior to release. Otherwise, the footage looks tastier than a Quarter Pounder with bacon and cheese. How high is this title on your next generation wishlist? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via youtube.com]

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

This game still isn't too high on my list yet, which is surprising because I've always liked the MGS series. I'm hoping as it gets closer to release I'll start seeing more that gets me hyped but for now, inFamous, Thief, even The Order, are games I'm more looking forward to.

banacheck

banacheck said:

I'll be buying MGS: The Phantom Pain day one, i own all the MGS games. I've got a the official strategy guides not to play with the games, but for the history on the MGS games. i also downloaded the file on MGS4 off the PSN when it was available, it's not a game just info on MGS its was free so. Cannot wait for it.

banacheck

banacheck said:

@Snkfiend
I downloaded that too so do you have the classic Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake too?

Yes, the 300 VR missions from Substance come out i think it was last week on the PSN store MGS: Special Missions. I downloaded it, just waiting for "The Phantom Pain" now.

Snkfiend

Snkfiend said:

@banacheck That's great at least we still go some fans that love and breath the series I been playing this since NES even though both ports wasn't the official versions.

JMC

JMC said:

The day this game releases is probably the day I buy a PS4.