Diablo III Deploying in 2014 on the PlayStation 4

Fire and brimstone

While you’ll be able to cruise through Diablo III's underworld on the PlayStation 3 from 3rd September, you’ll have to wait until 2014 to rummage through the adventure on your PlayStation 4. Despite being announced during Sony’s next generation coming out party in February, Blizzard has admitted that it's only just got development kits for the console.

"The translation to [the PS4] is yet to be done," wrote DiabloFans, following an interview with the developers. "They really like the features on the PS4 controller, and they want to try and do something cool with the track pad and share button. Diablo III will not be a launch date title for the next generation consoles. It will come in 2014."

Were you planning on looting this as one of your launch games? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via diablofans.com, joystiq.com]

I was planning on picking this up on launch day, actually. Oh well... I'll probably cave and get the PS3 version now.

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

This is one of the few games that had me thinking I might pick up an extra controller for. I already have multiple controllers for the ps3. I don't see other titles telling me I'll be able to play local co op with the lady.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Sept 3rd? I need to start paying attention.

I've never played a Diablo game but my kids and I like Dungeon Hunter Alliance, Torchlight and the 2 Titan Quest games, as well as many Gauntlet games, so this will probably be purchased.

grenworthshero

grenworthshero said:

Is this anything like Torchlight? Those looting MMO-type games are tons of addicting fun for like a week but then it gets really old REALLY fast.

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

I never played any Diablo, but I like this kind of games. I wouldn't have had the money to spare to pick this up at launch, so ''m not bothered that this comes out 2014. Although it's not a day 1 purchase for me, I'm sure I'll pick it up some day.

And I am sure this game will benefit greatly from the touchpad. I trust Blizzard to come up with something cool.