Forums

Topic: What (Non-PS4) game are you playing??

Posts 541 to 560 of 1,990

andreoni79

A screenshot of the digital manual of Delores: a Thimbleweed Park mini adventure XD
Untitled

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

nessisonett

@KratosMD I love the dead dog puzzle! I’d recommend a pen and paper for some puzzles, there’s some really difficult maths sometimes. I’m a sucker for the atmosphere in the first game, the OST is right up my street and the overarching mystery is brilliant. Enjoy!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

crimsontadpoles

@KratosMD Yeah, that is a very sneaky puzzle. Most people probably fell into that trap. Those kinds of tricks do pop up occasionally, but I hope a few troublesome puzzles won't deter you from what's otherwise a good game.

That's a fair point about the hints. They did make hints a bit better in later games by adding a fourth hint. So starting with the third game, there's 3 regular hints that provide useful clues without giving the answer away, then a fourth "Super Hint" for those that are truly stuck and just want to be pointed towards the answer.

Ralizah

@KratosMD

The majority of Professor Layton puzzles are logic exercises, so they usually don't require much in the way of actual computation. In general, that just means you're overthinking it.

I wouldn't really characterize it as a child-oriented series. The first game is a bit simple, but the series increases in complexity and scale over time. Lots of involved storylines, interesting character arcs, dark plot twists (especially in the third game, which, if you play it, you need to avoid spoilers like the plague), gorgeous music, etc.

It's interesting you mention Ace Attorney. I assume you're aware of the crossover game between the two series?

Just be sure to play the games in order. The first trilogy is only loosely connected, but the second trilogy feels more like one long story.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

I picked up Stellaris recently and I’ve been getting to grips with the systems and I have to say it’s been really fun so far. It’s a really compelling mix of 4X and grand strategy but set in space. I love Europa Universalis (almost at 1444 hours so nearly out the tutorial!) and this looks like it’ll be just as much of a time sink.

nessisonett

@KratosMD It’s worth going through Pandora’s Box for Lost Future, which is one of the best games on the DS imo. I love Curious Village for its atmosphere and I do enjoy the story, it captures sleepy English village pretty well for a Japanese game.

Ralizah

Reminds me of this old Penny Arcade sketch (which features some salty language):
https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/02/13/professor-layto...

Curious Village has a cute, simple story with a fun twist to it. But it's definitely not story and character-driven like later games were.

What I thought later games did well was integrate the puzzles into the overall progression of the plot more often.

They all still hit you with out-of-context puzzles, though. People in this universe are obsessed with puzzles, so chances are that if you stop and talk to someone, they're going to shove a puzzle in your face half the time. And you'll find puzzles in your environment. And the game's usually offer hundreds of downloadable puzzles completely outside of the context of the adventure to complete for fun.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 I started HLD again since I remembered I had it free on PC from the Epic Store and I decided to take your advice and go north. I’m currently getting destroyed by the crow boss thing but I think this is a good wall, to encourage me to properly master the mechanics, similar to Gascoigne in Bloodborne. I’ll probably beat it at some point but it’s really quite difficult.

Woah, never mind, I just beat the boss. Got some laser gun thingy and lasers are cool so that’s gonna be fun.

Edited on by nessisonett

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett haha. Read that first and I was thinking “what cross bow thing..?”

Yes that boss is a bit tricky, the east boss is a piece of cake in comparison. It could be worth you going east instead to pick up some more upgrade parts and you’ll get another weapon but none of its essential to beating the crow boss. Funnily enough I started another play through a little while ago and I’m just about to get to it myself. I don’t want to say it’s an easy boss but once you’ve beaten him on NG+ you’ve had to do it so many times I don’t expect it’ll take me more than 2 attempts even after a year off playing it 😂

The game really isn’t that hard, promise!

Get your multi-dash upgrade and channel your inner Neo 😎

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett saw you beat it, well done! That’s basically the difficulty spike over, there are a few other difficult points but you’re smooth sailing now. It’s a good learning curve!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 Oof, that looks insanely hard, I definitely needed the extra health packs to bail me out a few times! I beat the east boss there and yeah, way easier to be honest. I’ve gotten all 4 of the inner triangle things in the north and east but I assume there’s outer ones too? I also haven’t a single key so I think I’ve done something very wrong lol.

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 I’m calling it a day at 4 bosses killed, with 1 more triangle left to get in the west and south. I think I missed guns though, I couldn’t find the rewards for beating the west and south bosses so I’m probably being stupid but I need to go back to those areas anyway so might as well have a look. The west boss was really difficult and the south one wasn’t too bad, but there were pretty tough mini bosses down there.

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 The combat’s really fluid and the dash feels great. My only issue is that I’m using a DS4, where pressing R2 is just slightly uncomfortable while using square and X so I probably don’t use the gun as much as I should because the laser’s great and the shotgun was really useful for the west boss.

nessisonett

I've decided to just use the latest update to Silent Hill 2 Enhanced Edition as I really want to play it again after finishing the first game. The updates are really impressive so if anyone's interested the link's here.
http://www.enhanced.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/

Untitled
Untitled

nessisonett

@KratosMD Blasphemy! Blasphemy, I tell you! starts lighting pyre

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic