Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 201 to 220 of 3,152

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i have a problem with Galaxy of Heroes, it won't get past the loading screen and it's been like that for months and EA don't seem to either want to or be able to fix it and it's an issue plaguing a lot of players from what i can see

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

Storm...
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo That's what I mentioned earlier; happened to me with both Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes and Star Trek: Timelines. If you don't mind me asking, have you spent money in either game, or logged in to them with Google Play? Because I swear it just shuts you out if you've had too much free fun on their behalf.

@KALofKRYPTON Those are gorgeously atmospheric! Amazing shots!

So I've been playing Batman: The Telltale Series...
Untitled

...and a little Star Trek Online.
Untitled

I'm thinking that I wanna replay Horizon: Zero Dawn again soon, too...
Untitled

...but I'll probably just end up messing around in Batman: Arkham Knight.
Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger It's quite a nice looking game. Works the Fury Road aesthetic quite well. I'm tempted to try and force it in to black & white - it certainly helped Fury Road (look up the 'Black & Chrome' version of the film).

I love the look of Horizon. I'll get around to getting it at some point.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger no not a single penny

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Sometimes that works really well. I know that, whenever I've got the stomach to re-watch Logan, I'll be watching the noir version on the Blu-Ray.

I'm not usually one to say "oh, you must play this game" (usually because I'm on the receiving end of such pressure and I rarely agree with it) but Horizon is utterly fantastic. It deserves all the praise it continues to get, and I was very pleased to see it win the megapoll the other day. It's also drop-dead gorgeous, and I'll never get tired of seeing any spectacular shots from its wonderful Photo Mode.

@Fullbringlchigo As I thought. Those kinds of games probably keep a tally of how often you dismiss the "Why not spend some money?" pop-ups and when you reach a certain number, they block you out. Not surprised with EA and Star Wars, but I was disappointed when the same happened with Timelines.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger

I don't mind a recommendation

As for Timelines, just CBS no doubt still clutching to the oh so exploitable Trek cash cow licensing.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I wouldn't mind them exploiting Deep Space Nine, Voyager and Enterprise once in a while. I'm getting fed up of all the new merchandise and products being 70% Kirk and 30% Picard.

And okay... then for the love of Sha Ka Ree, play Horizon!

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON or the Kelvin Timeline, regardless of whether you like it or not it NOT being in a Star Trek game that is supposed to deal with ALL trek timelines merging together is a bit dumb

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Yeah, when Star Trek Beyond came out I was really surprised that Timelines wasn't updated with, at the very least, some of the characters... and yet, weeks before Star Trek: Discovery's first episode, they started dropping in major characters (some of which only lasted an episode or two of the show anyway) and promised starships.

Might be something to do with the television shows being CBS and the films being Paramount. I know one owns the other, or they're both owned by Viacom or something, but there is some legal stuff keeping them separate in some ways.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger CBS is the master licence holder and Paramount sub licences it from them, that's how Kelvin Timeline content is in STO and also why Discovery was possibly going to be Kelvin before they decided on Prime

you see even though Paramount do the movies and distribute them all the content is still owned by CBS and they can use it as they wish, it's Paramount who is contractually obligated to make the films both tonally and visually different to the "Prime" stuff

the only reason i can think it's not there is because they didn't want it to compete with their new show

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger what @FullbringIchigo said.

JJ had a multimedia monstrosity planned for the new films but CBS essentially weren't interested.

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON thing is there are rumours CBS might buy Viacom (the owners of Paramount) and if that's true then Star Trek will be back under one flag, should make licencing easier

EDIT: Scratch that CBS has OFFICIALLY made a bid for Viacom

http://variety.com/2018/biz/news/viacom-cbs-acquisition-lesli...

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo oooh... so hopefully just 1 more Kelvin timeline movie then back to prime!

FullbringIchigo

Spacedock in all her majesty Star Trek Online

Untitled

@KALofKRYPTON honestly i wouldn't mind if the movies stayed in the Kelvin Timeline, it would allow them to do stories without worrying about how it might impact future seasons or films

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo so long as they stop Pegg, Tarantino, Abrams from and and all writing and directing duties and actually try and be more sci fi than action - it could work. But they wont'.

Nice shot by the way!

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i doubt Tarantino will be involved, they wouldn't want to make a film that most Trek fans couldn't watch and Pegg isn't a bad writer he did a decent enough job with Beyond i though and as for being more action like i said in a previous post CBS made them change the tone of the films BUT if CBS buy Viacom/Paramount then that wouldn't be an issue anymore

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Last I read, whatever Trantino's involvement is, it is a competing idea with Pegg's script for a fourth film.

Beyond is the best of the Kelvin films by no small margin - largely by virtue of Lin's direction and the production design rather than the plot, script, story beats, villain, additional characters... etc etc.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON well Paramount has said they want to do at least 1 more film with the current crew

what i would like is 1 more Kelvinverse film THEN if CBS buy them do a new series of films with a brand new ship and crew but set post Countdown (the comic prequel to Trek 09 and Sequel to Nemesis)

anyway to keep the thread on topic ^_^ i FINALLY got my Final Fantasy V team in Dissidia Opera Omnia, that game is SO underrated

Untitled

RogerRoger

@Fullbringlchigo @KALofKRYPTON Thanks for the additional behind-the-scenes details, some of which I hadn't heard. There's only so deep down the rabbit hole I can go before it starts to impact my ability to disengage contemporary concerns and escape to the 24th Century.

Personally, I've nothing against the Kelvin Timeline; if I don't like where it goes, it won't impact "my" Star Trek (unlike the wretched Discovery) but thusfar I've enjoyed them for what they are, namely big-budget, flashbang adventure flicks... and if you think there isn't room in Star Trek for "let's just switch our brains off for a little while and blow stuff up real good" then I'd have to politely disagree with you. My favourite episodes might be "The Measure of a Man" (TNG), "Prime Factors" (VGR), "Memorial" (VGR) and "Dear Doctor" (ENT) but they're closely followed by action-driven, narratively-light examples like "Starship Mine" (TNG), "Dark Frontier" (VGR), "Drive" (VGR) and "Zero Hour" (ENT)... the best of both worlds, pun semi-intended.

It's happened again! Thanks to @Fullbringlchigo for the emergency Final Fantasy screencap! Looks like a mobile game, if I had to guess? Congratulations on getting your team together!

Here's a Son'a vessel I christened the Knightmare, in Star Trek Online...
Untitled

...and another gorgeous shot from Firewatch.
Untitled

Aloy decides to take the fun way down, in Horizon: Zero Dawn...
Untitled

...and I'd love to know what Chloe is snapping in Uncharted: The Lost Legacy!
Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic