Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 181 to 200 of 3,153

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON By the way; your character's name in Star Trek Online doesn't happen to closely relate to your Push Square username, does it? Because if so, I think I passed you outside of Spacedock the other week.

Don't worry if you'd rather keep this place and your PSN I.D. separate; I understand, and apologies for the question if that's the case.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I see the Millenium Falcon!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger

Untitled

OH and just for fun R2D2 in Into Darkness

Untitled

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger closely/exactly the same...

I don't mind.

Was I behaving?

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo He was also in Star Trek (2009) floating somewhere amidst the debris in orbit of Vulcan. Those sneaky ILM chaps! There's a rumour they put the Enterprise in some of the Coruscant landscape shots in The Phantom Menace, but nobody's been able to find it... yet.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Ah, cool, I thought so!

And yes, if you call inviting me to join your fleet and then disappearing from the map before I could type my stock "sorry, I'm a loner, but thanks all the same" into the chat window behaving!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Ha!

I'd call that 'I don't really know what I'm doing-itis'!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i have heard that one but still i can't even find any images online and with the internet you would think someone would have posted a picture by now so it might not be true

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON It's all good; if ever you see Son'a ships with Batman-related names flying about, or the USS Universe NX-99479 taking up half the map, just dip your nacelles as you fly past. You might even end up in one of my screencaps!

@FullbringIchigo Exactly, you would definitely think somebody would've found it by now... heck, half of those shots have been my desktop wallpapers over the years, I'd have noticed the Enterprise! It's got to be one of the most obscure background dots that'll never be detailed enough, even if they blew it up to 8K or something. Or maybe it's just the saucer section, and therefore blends in with the crowd of similarly-shaped speeders.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON @RogerRoger and if you see a Yamato class U.S.S Independence captained by a Captain William, then that's me

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo @RogerRoger It's the D in TPM apparently - could be, but the angle (Google it, just past Padme's head in one shot) could be the issue.

KALofKRYPTON

Also, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you...

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON You mean this...?!

Untitled

Rubbish. That isn't the Enterprise-D in the slightest, from any angle. It does, however, look like the concept Enterprise from Planet of the Titans, which in turn was the basis for the USS Discovery... but why would ILM have a digital model of that in 1999?

@Fullbringlchigo If I see you, I'll flare my shields!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger It's ILM, those guys do that sort of thing for fun - also, it needn't be anything particularly detailed for the shot.
That said - the more I look at it, the more I don't think it's Trek related at all.

It could even be two ships running parallel... but I'd have to see it motion, and that means seeking out that film to watch, on purpose...

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Well, fortunately it's my favourite Star Wars film and I've been considering a re-watch of late, so now I know where and when to look I'll see what I can see.

You're right, ILM do like to do random stuff like that, so if it holds that shape in motion, it's likely somebody's pet project in-joke.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON either of you play Star Trek Timelines?

Untitled

by the by my favourite Star Wars film is Revenge of the Sith

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I tried, but it's really annoying! That does look good though.

I played Trexels for quite a while - but it got to feeling rather pointless.

The only games I keep on my phone now are Pure Chess, Sonics 1, 2 and CD, Carcasonne and Talisman.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i have Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle, Bleach Brave Souls, Star Trek Timelines, Kingdom Hearts Unchaind X, Final Fantasy Brave Exvius and Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Cool, I mostly just don't like most touch screen gaming much any more. Also, I'm very concious that the battery in my S8 is already showing its age - so I try not to tax it all that much beyond Spotify.

RogerRoger

@Fullbringlchigo @KALofKRYPTON I used to play Timelines, and got really quite far (with a super-powered Cardassian Galor-Class Warship) but then the game just bricked. Wouldn't load, just gave me a black screen. The same thing happened with Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes and I'm convinced it's because I got really far without spending any money or logging in with a Google Play account.

Trexels is a game I keep thinking I'm done with, but then I pop back in and find myself tidying up relatively frequently. I must admit, though, my interest likely wouldn't have held if they hadn't included an Intrepid-Class starship layout and Voyager-style uniforms.

I also have Tomb Raider and TR2 on my phone, as well as Lara Croft: Relic Run and a Sonic Boom endless runner. I don't play half as much on my phone as I used to.

Also, @Fullbringlchigo Revenge of the Sith is fantastic! It regularly threatens to displace The Phantom Menace from my personal top spot, but nostalgia for 1999 has the edge over 2005.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic