Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 5,530

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I thought you might change your mind about a few things!

And that's great, not least because it shows how context and personal input can change the game's narrative in totally unexpected ways. I actually really liked your first theory (despite it being, and I mean this with the greatest of respect, utterly bonkers)!

Congratulations on the platinum, and thanks for sharing your additional thoughts!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Thanks! And for any video game developers out there who want to make a mind blowing narrative experience, I think that would actually make an awesome adventure game — a first person game where you play through a mysterious sequence of events in jumbled up order and as different characters, except you don’t know you’re routinely changing to see things through another person’s eyes because you can’t see your own character in the first person view. And then the game pulls it all together at the end and everything falls into place as the secret is revealed. It’ll be awesome. Now it just needs a story. Mr Kojima, if you’re out there, are you interested? 😉
I won’t ask for much on the royalties either. Just ... maybe 30% of profits and I want to be the one to give the acceptance speech for Game of the Year at the Game Award Show.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Rudy_Manchego

I beat Bayonetta 2 on Friday on the Switch and, slight reservations about the sexualization of the character, thought it was great and really glad I gave both games another go after an aborted attempt on the 360. I will probably buy Bayonetta 3 day 1 IF it isn't actually stuck in development hell for ever.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

ellsworth004

Finally got the plat for AC odyssey, took a long time, but it was fun. Guess ill dive into the dlc soon.

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

Kidfried

I got one of the good endings for Zero Escape: VLR. Much stronger than I anticipated and also much stronger than any of the endings in 999. I wonder what this game still has in store for me?

@Ralizah I remember you're a fan, right?

Kidfried

Kidfried

ellsworth004 wrote:

Finally got the plat for AC odyssey, took a long time, but it was fun. Guess ill dive into the dlc soon.

Congrats @ellsworth004 I haven't yet played Odyssey myself, but from what I hear it's a gigantic task. And there I was, thinking getting the plat for AC: Syndicate was already something to be proud of.

Kidfried

Ralizah

@Kidfried It's one of my favorite games, period. All I'll say is that the experience as a whole is much stronger than the sum of its parts, and that it's a story that could only have been told as a video game. What have you seen so far, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, are you playing on Hard mode? If you beat all the escape rooms on Hard difficulty, you'll unlock a hidden scene at the end after the true ending. (Not really a spoiler, btw, but some people like to be surprised by 'secrets' in games).

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

@Ralizah If I remember well I'm playing on hard difficulty. Not sure how I'd check that, though.

I just finished the old man ending, but I've made quite some progress in the other storylines.

Kidfried

Ralizah

@Kidfried I think you can check on the flowchart. But if you're not switching them to easy difficulty manually, I think they default to hard.

Although I think the very first elevator puzzle needs to be replayed on hard difficulty to fully complete all of them, as it defaults to easy, if my memory serves right.

There's a lot more route juggling in this one, huh? While it's easy to settle into apathy later on, I found the prisoner's dilemma choices in VLR to be far more impactful than anything in 999 early on.

Edited on by Ralizah

ellsworth004

@Kidfried not hard just takes awhile, 100+ hours for me, but i did alot of side stuff. I didnt care much for syndicate, guess i was tired of the old AC format when it released.

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

Thrillho

I finally finished off Yakuza Kiwami yesterday (77% trophy completion).

At 45hrs, it felt much more streamlined compared to Zero which took me literally twice as long. Despite that, it didn't feel like it was missing anything. The story was still well written and the sub stories still as ridiculous as before.

I really enjoyed the combat again and though the progression of the dragon style from useless to super powerful worked well. The Majima Everywhere fights to unlock the techniques was good fun and never too intrusive.

I love this series and have Kiwami 2 to play at some point.

Thrillho

QualityGeezer

Shadow of the tomb raider and it was awesome

QualityGeezer

Kidfried

I just beat Modern Warfare again, but now the Remastered. So, uh... some missions were just as good playing them now as 10 years ago. Which is quite an achievement for a ten year old game, really.

Not all of them, though. In some missions it does feel a bit like you're alternating between a shooting gallery and a cinematic experience. Much in the same way as I would expect Uncharted 2 would feel.

It's still quite an iconic game, that really set a new bar for the series and cinematics in these kind of games. It's nowhere near the top 10 single player experiences from last generation for me, but I don't think a Call of Duty could ever be that for me anyway.

Kidfried

Kidfried

Thrillho wrote:

I finally finished off Yakuza Kiwami yesterday (77% trophy completion).

At 45hrs, it felt much more streamlined compared to Zero which took me literally twice as long. Despite that, it didn't feel like it was missing anything. The story was still well written and the sub stories still as ridiculous as before.

I really enjoyed the combat again and though the progression of the dragon style from useless to super powerful worked well. The Majima Everywhere fights to unlock the techniques was good fun and never too intrusive.

I love this series and have Kiwami 2 to play at some point.

Totally agree on pretty much all points. I was surprised by how much I liked Kiwami, after hearing from so many people about how it would be a lesser experience compared to Zero. Never felt it that way.

Only I have way less completion than you. Looking through my trophies, I think that's down to me not having engaged in the dating stuff (?). I still have it on my hard drive, though, so might pick it back up again when I have some extra time on my hands. 2022 or something?

Kidfried

Thrillho

@Kidfried I just missed out on the 100% completion trophy, replay on legendary, complete the climax battles, and complete all of Haruka's requests because life is too damn short.

Thrillho

Kidfried

@Thrillho I think I was halfway through Haruka's requests when she ordered me to win some luck based game a few times in a row. Which I didn't succeed in. And also marks the last time I played the game.?

Terrible idea to make that into a trophy.

Kidfried

Kidfried

@Ralizah love your take on games always! Thanks for the impressions.

Kidfried

Thrillho

@Ralizah Panic on Funkotron was one of my favourite Mega Drive games and it sounds like some of the annoyances with that game still persist which is quite impressive over 20 years later.

Thrillho

Ralizah

@Kidfried Thanks! This was one of my more anticipated games this year, being a huge fan of the Genesis original.

It's not a home-run, but I definitely appreciate that we finally got a sequel catered more toward fans of the first game.

@Thrillho I should probably try Panic on Funkotron again. I kind of gave it short shrift because of my disappointment about the change to the gameplay style. Seems like it has a lot of fans, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

Thrillho

@Ralizah Conversely, I never really played the original but Panic was more of a story driven game. It was reasonably simple but getting the perfect ending was quite tricky. It was a perfect game for me when I was about 10

My younger sister was a rubbish Earl to my Toejam though.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic