Forums

Topic: E3 2018

Posts 341 to 360 of 375

Splat

I think people are sleeping on Dying Light 2. I thought it looked great. It looks like they are taking everything that worked in the first and just improving on it.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

KirbyTheVampire

I love Nintendo, but I really, really don't love 2018 Nintendo. Wii U ports, cardboard, a very average Kirby game, Mario Party and Smash. Smash looks fantastic, and I'll be there day 1, but the rest? Not for me.

I'm pretty confident that 2019 will turn things around, but the fact that I'll only be buying one Switch game this year is very sad. Still, even though it's a poor year, it'll get better. I'm pumped for games like Pikmin 4 and the inevitable Animal Crossing, not to mention whatever else they have in store.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

kyleforrester87

Switch for me this year is Yiis, Octopath, Battle Chasers, Mario Tennis, Xenoblade DLC. I think that's it?

Some quality gaming there IMO, but it's slim pickings really isn't it.

Guess PS4 had the same problem early days.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Octane

I got Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2. Brace yourself Switch, a dust storm is coming.

Octane

PS_Nation

Nintendo only announced three games that I'm really interested and that's it, I was expecting way more. I also believe that they wasted too much time only showing Super Smash Bros. It wasn't the best Nintendo Direct, far from that.

PS_Nation

WanderingBullet

Sorry, can't watch the videos now. Any idea if you can customise how your character look in terms of gears in Cyberpunk 2077? If yes, I'll be even more disappointed since it's first person and you'll probably only be able see your character during cutscenes.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

WanderingBullet

So the Tsushima gameplay we saw was actually a side quest.

BAMozzy

@Splat Its been confirmed as a 'side quest' which is understandable as they probably don't want any spoilers for the main story line. Horizon: Zero Dawn did something similar too with its second E3 showing where the first, with the giant Thunderjaw, was more a 'concept' of what they were going for rather than something from the actual game. In case you don't remember, its the game-play where Aloy goes to that deserted village and fights the corrupter that jumps around, hurls rocks etc...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Splat

I thought at the very least we would get a Borderlands 3 teaser trailer. I'm actually really itching for some new Borderlands.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Ralizah

@PS_Nation I guess the big weakness of their Nintendo Direct strategy is that, even though they have announcements throughout the year, none of them really stand out over the others. But yeah, they were really light on reveals. First-party support is pretty bad for Switch this year. Pretty much everything good on that front seems to be coming in 2019.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Haruki_NLI

Daemon X Machina tho...so good.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

BAMozzy

@Splat There were a number of games that I was hoping and/or expecting to see. Borderlands 3 was certainly one of them, as was the Rocksteady project - rumoured to be set in the same universe as the Arkham trilogy. Talking of superheroes, the Avengers game by Crystal Dynamics was absent too. Splinter Cell and Vanquish 2 have been rumoured but SC seemed more certain to be announced. I expected more from Respawns Star Wars game - after all that was revealed to be in development 2yrs ago and, according to the timeline that EA gave, due in the next 12/18months - I know things can get delayed of course.

There was a leak a while back about MS's games in development - Fable, Perfect Dark, a Mech game etc but none of these were mentioned - although they did allude to an 'open world' game currently being developed by Playground that is 'rumoured' to be Fable.

There is still Gamescom, TGS, Paris, PSX and the annual Game Awards - all of which can have new reveals and quite a number of 'known' games didn't get a mention either - some of which were expected 'soon' - Biomutant, Ace Combat, Darksiders 3, DayZ, World War Z...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

WanderingBullet

Quite a few samurai games during the conference. I just noticed that even the protagonist's jacket in 2077 has the word samurai on the collar.haha

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Th3solution

@WanderingBullet Yeah, I was thinking that too. Ghost of Tsushima, Nioh 2, Sekira: Shadows Die Twice, the For Honor update.... and I didn’t know about the Cyberpunk reference. Not to mention Mitsurugi and Yoshimitsu of Soul Calibur 6. There may be others.
Samurai are the new zombies. Popping up in all the games.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

WanderingBullet

@Th3solution Yeah, we rarely get samurai or ninja games. Having four in the same conference is a lot to me!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.