Forums

Topic: The Pushsquare Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,201 to 1,206 of 1,206

DonJorginho

@themcnoisy I agree completely that football wages are insane.

Look at my club's very own Callum Hudson-Odoi, scored a few average goals in the Europa League then sulked over not starting over Eden Hazard, so threatened to leave, and as we were so desperate to keep him, we offered 18 year old CHO a £140k a week contract.

The wages are insane and it puts me off football as much as I used to be, especially when you have injured footballers like Sturridge who have continued to get their wages when sitting at home for 8 months at a time.

DonJorginho

DonJorginho

@JohnnyShoulder Oh I agree, he will need to improve aspects of his game to be a great PL player but has all the qualities Lampard loves, relentless pressing, a proper engine, good eye for a tackle and an amazing passing ability, also is not scared to shoot from outside the box what we lack.

DonJorginho

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho @themcnoisy Yep there is too much player power and agents have too much sway. But it is what it is, it is probably too late to change things now, there should had been a wages cap about 15 years ago. The football is still fantastic to watch, players being on huge amounts of money does not effect that. You are always gonna get a few bad apples like Neymar, but overall I think the players these days are more professional and althetic then they have ever been. Not sure if that would be the case if it wasn't for the money being piled into the game.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

Man City have been banned from the Champers League for 2 years!

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Any club that big has a few skeletons in its closet so it was Chelsea last time, now it’s Man City’s turn. They’ll be furious though, the next two years would have been a good time for them to win it.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Arugula

I agree completely with the wages discussion. It's pretty sickening to be honest. I'm sure I'll always love sport but I certainly don't feel the same way about it as an adult the way I did as a young man. Anytime I hear a contract dispute discussion on the radio I just turn it off.

As far as City are concerned I suppose they know what the rules are and are suffering the consequences. Definitely not the lightest of punishments but it'll show who the mercenaries are. By contrast I think the Astros in MLB's sign stealing scandal basically got away with it.

Arugula

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic