Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 2,383

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder

( う-´)づ︻╦̵̵̿╤── (˚☐˚”)/

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

Toby Kebbell is the new manager of Torquay. He will bring them to greatness.
Untitled

Thrillho

True fact: I worked on QA for one years release of Football Manager.

They code all the people who worked on the game in as regens with your correct birthday (not year), nationality, and favourite club but it's random as to which team you start with (and when) and how good you'll become.

My mate got very confused when he was playing the game as he didn't know any of this and saw my name appear as a new signing for Liverpool

Thrillho

BowTiesAreCool

Such a shame there wasn't a full house there tonight. Rashford deserves a hero's reception. Watching the Old Trafford on TV and not being there is doing my head in more and more as this goes on.

BowTiesAreCool

nessisonett

@BowTiesAreCool Ooh, not a popular opinion round here with all the scousers 😉

JohnnyShoulder

Wow Jota is on fire.🔥 Has to be pushing Firminho for a starting place this weekend.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder Even more so now. Might be worth a punt in the fantasy league. Cracking result at the moment, just keep a clean sheet now.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Once he he starts a couple of games I may, but there is still that uncertainty of whether he would start.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

Demba Ba scoring against Man U in 2020 is absolutely hilarious. That makes up for the rest of 2020.

BearsEatBeets

@Arugula yeah I originally thought the lack of crowds would really impact the entertainment of the game but I've got used to it and the abundance of goals, and like you say unpredictability has been great to see. I never would have pegged Burnley and Sheffield Utd to be scraping the bottom before it started the season.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula I wouldn't call one point 'inexplicably clear of the relegation zone'. They will most likely be down there all season

@BearsEatBeets Those two are not really a shock tbh as Burnley had spent almost nothing in the transfer window and there has been behind the scenes stuff going on between the manager and the suits. Sheffield Utd were good last season, but they were new to the Premier League so other teams did not know what to expect from them. Teams had worked them after the restart and that has continued into this season.

It has been more surprising with the top teams getting battered in the manner that they did, with of course Aston Villa 7 Liverpool 2 being the most shocking. It is how you respond after defeat and Liverpool seem to have sorted themselves out without being fantastic. The game on Tuesday they were back to their best. Man City seem to be grinding out results but look a bit more solid defensively. Man Utd I've never known a team to vary so drastically from game to game. The defending on Wednesday was so poor and the team looks like it lacks leadership both on and off the pitch.

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula That could be all the difference in staying up to be fair.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Oh man, that Fulham penalty is one of the worst I’ve seen in my life. Absolutely dreadful 😂😂

nessisonett

@Arugula Yep, already seen some horrid racist stuff said about him. It’s a terrible penalty regardless of race but it just shows you the level of abuse players suffer is different depending on race. The world is nuts.

JohnnyShoulder

Awful penalty. If you are gonna do a panenka you better make sure you score.

nessisonett

Eesh I saw Bamford offside by his arm as well, the rules are absolute nonsense at this point.

BearsEatBeets

Anyone think we might get sleeveless football shirts next season? Might prevent a few offsides

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

Another couple of joke handball decisions today too. Not sure how players are supposed to defend or move naturally any more.

Apart from that though Man City v Liverpool match has been really good to watch.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic