Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 4,541 to 4,560 of 10,093

Th3solution

@Arugula And Miki Sudo too. She ate 48.5 in 10 min. It’s insane.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

Hot dog eating contests be like
Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

@crimsontadpoles Do you like a good Guinness or even a Death by Chocolate if you're feeling more adventurous? What's your favorite tipple?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

crimsontadpoles

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Yes, I do rather enjoy a Guinness. Death by Chocolate isn't something I've heard of before, but from a quick search online it looks absolutely divine. I've got a sweet tooth and love liqueurs and chocolate and ice cream, so Death by Chocolate seems like the perfect drink for me. As for my favourite tipple, I'm rather fond of rum.

Do you like to drink? If so, what sort are you most fond of?

Octane

I run a home brewery with a mate, so drinking beer is part of the job lol.

Octane

Black_Swordsman

@crimsontadpoles For me ,it would have to be the aforementioned Death by Chocolate. Great drink. It's a rare indulgence though as it can be quite expensive unless you buy the ingredients yourself.

Edit: @crimsontadpoles What food do you usually pair it with?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Thrillho

@nessisonett Hot dog eating cheat mode enabled!

I enjoy a good beer and have one with dinner a couple of times a week but rarely have more. Over lockdown I’ve been ordering it mostly online and have bought quite a few from smaller breweries too.

Siren brewery do some cracking stuff and Arbor ales in Bristol do some great IPAs. My latest batch came from a local place.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Arugula It really was great, crazy to see how well Leclerc did despite that Ferrari car being a write-off. I think that just shows what a talent he really is. Chuffed for Norris as well, he’s now the 3rd youngest podium finisher in F1 history. I agree about Hamilton, he definitely did that on purpose and it’s not the first time he’s robbed Albon of a podium finish.

nessisonett

@Arugula It’s an odd situation but another race in Austria should be fun!

andreoni79

Ennio Morricone has left this world few hours ago... 😪
I'm sure I'm not the only one who whistled his themes for the many Sergio Leone's spaghetti western movies while playing RDR2.

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

RogerRoger

@andreoni79 Very sad news indeed, but he had a good innings and certainly left his mark; his music is some of the most recognisable in the entire world.

Thanks for posting that concert video. It's a beautiful performance!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@andreoni79 Honestly I’m gutted, really a big fan of his work. I’d probably say my favourite track of his was The Ecstasy of Gold from TGTBATU, it fits the scene perfectly, when Eli Wallach is frantically running through the massive graveyard. My favourite overall OST of his is probably Once Upon a Time in the West however, the main theme is brilliant and while the harmonica can get a little grating, by the end of the movie you’ll hear a different side to it. The final duel music in particular is just incredible. RIP.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett We talked about modding before. Would it be perfectly legal for me to create a mod of Dark Souls Remastered on PC in the UK? And can you please provide links to any relevant websites supporting your answer? I find it so difficult to find good information on this on the web.

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Ehhhh, Dark Souls is a toughie to be honest. With most games like retro ones, the legality is in obtaining the ROM. With Dark Souls, it’s complicated because there’s Terms of Service due to the game’s online. You would have to launch the game in offline mode every time you played it. In terms of good mods for Remastered, Roguelike Souls just came out which looks pretty fun and there’s the item randomiser. That’s about it, the original game has a lot more support. I can’t provide links here but you should be able to just browse the Dark Souls Nexus, same as you would do with Skyrim.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett - Ok thank you I found that valuable and insightful.
Does anyone else on here know of a good website which defines the legality of making your own mods? I found the information on Wikipedia insufficient.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

Rudy_Manchego

@andreoni79 @nessisonett @Kidfried Haven't been on much so missed this thread but I was gutted to hear about Ennio Morriconne's passing. When I was a teenager and most of my contemporaries were listening to whatever was popular (I was not popular), I was obssessed with his soundtracks and his movies - in particular, The Good the Bad and The Ugly which is possibly my favourite film of all time and the music is more important to that film than the actors or story in my opinion.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Th3solution

@Rudy_Manchego For sure - I don’t think I’ve ever seen The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly but that soundtrack music is one of the most iconic and recognizable scores ever. Up there with Chariots of Fire, 2001 Space Odyssey, Star Wars, or Mission Impossible. Just a fantastic musical touchstone that has permeated every facet of popular culture. Few people can say they’ve never heard that famous chorus, even if they don’t know where it came from.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I have no recommendations for what you are after, but I'm not sure if we are on shaky grounds on whether we can discuss that sort of thing here.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Ohhh, I thought you meant downloading mods. Making your own though, that’s both quite the undertaking and perfectly OK as long as you don’t sell it for cash money.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic