Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 4,561 to 4,580 of 10,079

Kidfried

A manager from my work called, so I was immediately stressed, maybe I did something wrong.

Manager: "How do you know [X]?"

So, [X] is actually a good friend of mine from my stundent years, who lives on the other side of the country. Turns out they have applied to become a close colleague of mine. It's so strange learning about stuff like that this way, haha. Just had to drop it somewhere.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried My landlord agent is a buddy I used to work with. Works out well as I'm a bit more confident when complaining about stuff to him, rather then to my landlords who I don't think I've actually ever met lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Black_Swordsman

@Kidfried It'll be good working side by side, if he gets it, though. Brothers in arms.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Fight_Teza_Fight

So a little wholesome story...

Yesterday I had a rare day off, so my neighbour asked me if I could set-up a brand new PS4 for his kids which he had just purchased.
The bundle came with Spider-Man GOTY and Sonic Racing (?).
The kids are very young, but their excitement was infectious. So I got it set-up & popped in Spider-Man as I figured my neighbour would struggle to download the DLC- 3 hours apparently, but the kids just wanted to play Sonic.
So I popped in Sonic instead which was 15mins & the younger one kept saying that it’s taking forever every couple of minutes.

Really great moment. I’m not a dad yet, but I do look forward to introducing my kids to gaming.

PS. They only had one DS4, so I got to play first...because I needed to show them the controls😂

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

RogerRoger

Fight_Teza_Fight wrote:

They only had one DS4, so I got to play first...because I needed to show them the controls😂

Ah, a fresh take on the old "just got to make sure it's working" excuse. Well played!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Fight_Teza_Fight

@RogerRoger They’re very young, but it did feel strangely satisfying😅.
I might just pick up the game myself.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

nessisonett

Windows 10 reminding me of today being The Twelfth is absolutely batty. Like.. thanks, I guess? With the lack of drums and pipes waking me up at 8 in the morning, I'd almost forgotten!

Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Octane

A marten chewed up my car. Those fuzzy rascals.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

Looks like metacritic haven taken the first steps against review bombing.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Black_Swordsman

Jumping off point for a bit of chit chat: Do you think arguments are a necessary part of relationships?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

jdv95

@Draco_V_Ecliptic any long lasting relationship will have arguments at some point. that's just unavoidable.
the real test is how you solve those arguments.

solve them in person not via texts,always be civil in the aruments,don't turn it into a namecalling competition. don't restart the arguments out of stuborness. if you're partner start's the silent treatment,keep talking but in a calm way etc.

it's less about them being necessary but more about them being bound to happen at some point. altough relationships can benefit from them,again as long as you know how to handle arguments.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Yeah think we discussed elsewhere on the forum when it happened with TLOU2. Something like having your gamertag linked to the site like they do on True Trophies and PSN Profiles seem the logical thing to do. At least that way you see how far they have progressed in the game too.

Kidfried

@Draco_V_Ecliptic It's better to have arguments than to avoid them, that's for sure. For me that has been my motto. Aside from that I don't have any set rules.

I sometimes have arguments with my partner, though they are mostly about small stuff and pretty short. For me that's not a problem as long as it doesn't hurt me in the long-term.

Why ask?

Kidfried

LieutenantFatman

I think with any healthy relationship you need compromise, and there will naturally be some disagreements, that's perfectly normal.
These can be resolved without the need for an argument.

If you show you're listening to someone's concerns, showing respect and are willing to discuss and reach a fair compromise, I think if they're reasonable it's a lot easier to avoid any unnecessary drama and stress.

LieutenantFatman

nessisonett

Strathdon Blue Cheese wins the blue cheese contest, it’s milder but still peppery. Yum yum yum.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

@Kidfried Shouting matches have always been a deal-breaker for me in relationships. Discussions with regard to disagreements conducted in civil tones without malice being involved are acceptable to me.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

RogerRoger

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Agreed; my partner and I have plenty of debates, where we talk fast in a desperate attempt to convince one another of our differing views, but we don't have arguments. I get angry at myself a lot, and occasionally that means I'll vent at the closest person (because I can't yell at myself) but that's a recognised character flaw. He'll make a joke and it'll stop me in my tracks.

And never go to bed angry. If there's an issue that needs to be resolved, resolve it before the day is done. Waking up the next morning whilst still annoyed will only ruin a second day.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic