Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 4,421 to 4,440 of 10,110

andreoni79

It's here!
What if I try to update it? Will I get banned?
Untitled

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

andreoni79

@LN78 I'm halfway through the 4,2 GB update and noboby knocked at my door...

JohnnyShoulder

@andreoni79 I've played plenty of games several days before they are released, you will be fine. I can remember playing Dark Souls 5 days before launch and none of the online functionality was there, so no floor messages or anything like that.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

MightyDemon82

@andreoni79 Lucky you.

I have it downloaded ready to go, but still playing through the first one on Grounded difficulty. I reached the University last night, questionable if I finish it tonight in time to start playing part 2 on Friday!

MightyDemon82

andreoni79

Just started the game. See you guys! I fear every single thread and news may hide some spoiler, so I'll leave the site!

JohnnyShoulder

Cyberpunk 2077 has been delayed to Nov 19

Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder It’s a shame but expectations are through the roof. They can’t afford to ship a buggy game.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@LN78 @nessisonett Totally! I feel it will be super criticised now if there are any bugs and glitches when it is released. That will be really close to the next consoles are released, for sure!

jdv95

i always had doubt on the game being able to run on base current gen consoles without severe downgrades so maybe this delay is linked to that?

i'm not gonna make to far of a stretch but could this game become a next gen only game if they just can't have it run properly on current gen? (the game did always have a next gen feel to it anyway)

jdv95

JohnnyShoulder

@jdv95 It wouldn't surprise me, but not sure they would want to lose out on so many sales at this point or be on the end of the backlash. That doesn't like a very CDPR thing to do either.

RogerRoger

@andreoni79 You won't see this until you emerge, but I really hope you enjoy The Last of Us, Part II and that it lives up to the hype! Have fun!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Black_Swordsman

I listened to Rocks Off by Def Leppard on the radio today. To me, this is Def Leppard when they were still good, before all the stuff that made people hate them, they were actually capable of producing some riff-tastic, decent quality hair-metal.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

On today’s edition of ‘crisp flavours so bonkers they’re incredible’...

Untitled

nessisonett

@Arugula The idiots needed an article to spout their nonsense so decided the right article was the one describing idiots spouting nonsense. It’s almost poetic.

nessisonett

@Arugula Has to be one of the weirdest flavours I’ve had but they’re proper good. The square sausage is really peppery and then there’s the tang from the brown sauce. They make your mouth strangely warm without being spicy. I’ve always been fascinated by US junk food though, it’s crazy how much you could ruin your insides for a few dollars. My auntie’s from Maine and one time she brought me back a big bag of candy corn. Combine that with having ADHD and you can imagine the state I got into after eating far too much. I’m actually thinking about moving stateside for my placement year and the food’s a big part of my decision because I’m a bit of a foodie. The lack of proper chocolate would probably be a deal breaker though, Hersheys is 100% inferior to a bar of Dairy Milk!

MightyDemon82

@nessisonett I heard about these and now I need to hunt down a pack. I like the Haggis flavour they do as well.

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett @Arugula I think it would be a good idea to to put articles like out like that every now and again just to let them vent and leave them to it. The real nasty ones will hopefully get banned too.

Nice find on the crisps, i will try and hunt those down. Do you know if there are available on the sunny side of the border? I finished off a big bag of Jalapeno and cheese crisps last night. Well nice with a beer or lager. Have quite a kick to them, so be careful if you don't like hot and spicy stuff. I'm also keen on Roast Ox flavour.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108

@nessisonett Phwoar, that Mackie's photo is bordering on indecent. Need to get me a pack of those

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

nessisonett

@KratosMD I think it’s safe to say that TLOU2 has brought a lot of idiots out of the woodwork to cause trouble. I’m coming up to 6 years on NL and PS and I’ve seen various comings and goings but with the political situation at the minute, the pandemic and ‘Gamers being under threat from PC gone mad’, there’s bound to be more toxicity in the comments than usual. Nintendo Life in particular has become a bit of a bigoted cesspit in recent years ever since the Switch came out, hardly the fault of the site itself but rather a feeling of the users being ‘on top’ again due to the success of the Switch. With the new generation, there’s bound to be some changes around the site but personally I do think Neolit was in the wrong in this situation. Being on the site for this long, BBCode is not difficult and a simple spoiler tag would have stopped the comment from being removed. People quickly scrolling through the comments would have very easily been spoiled and the site has a responsibility to look out for all its users, not just one. Comparing Sammy and Robert to Communist dictators was just nonsense as well, it was a mountain out of a molehill.

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD I thought it was made clear on at least one of the articles of the TLOU2 leaks that any comments with spoilers would be deleted. It is not great what happened with Neolit, but I think he did over react with some of the things he said. They have said things could be done better and that side of things will be improved, so I don't think there is much that can be said about this really.

But more people need to report users that are breaking the rules. Some engage with the trolls and the like but that only feeds them and makes them worse. We can't really mean about things, do nothing, and expect someone else to do something about it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic