Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 2,161 to 2,180 of 3,698

LieutenantFatman

@johncalmc
I love a digital soundtrack, but I agree on the digital artbook, can't see the justification of charging extra for that.

LieutenantFatman

Thrillho

@johncalmc Aren’t the extra summons just DLC which also come with that pack?

Thrillho

johncalmc

@Thrillho I imagine so. I tried googling it to work out whether I could just buy the normal one and then get the stupid cactuar in game and/or just buy it separately but I couldn't work it out.

johncalmc

Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo I'm getting it from the ps store, so that I am sure to have it on day 1. I don't mind paying a little bit extra, plus my ps4 is spitting out the discs at the moment.

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

@FullbringIchigo I would usually get it from Amazon as I have prime, but as it is released on a bank holiday (and there is also a bank holiday on the following Monday), I'm gonna get it digitally.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder yeah but for bank holidays they normally ship early so you get it on time

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo I dunno that is still not 100% guaranteed, it could get lost in the post or something. Even if I get it delivered at work, it could still go walkies. For a tenner extra I don't mind paying that for peace of mind. Most other games I would not be too worried about getting day 1, but certain titles that I am hyped for I want to be playing those bad boys on day 1.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder yeah i get that, personally i HAVE to own a FF game physically

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo Plus my ps4 is ejecting discs randomly, so until that gets sorted it is all digital going forward.

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder mine started that, it's because of dust build up under the button causing pressure

what you have to do is remove the little rubber foot that's under the button, get a soft bristle paint brush and push it in the gap under the button and remove the dust (i'm assuming you have a original model PS4 like me), that's what i did and i haven't had it happen again since

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo Yeah I've done that, it's annoying having to keep doing it though.

johncalmc

I have to get the version off the store even though it's more expensive because I just have to have it waiting for me on my PlayStation. I always just buy games digitally now. I had an incident with Metal Gear Solid V where I went to get it from the shop and they didn't have any, so I seriously had to drive to three different towns trying shops just to get my hands on it so I could play it on my day off. Finally got home at 11am (which is late for me because I like to start my gamin' before breakfast).

Then it was rubbish so that annoyed me.

Anyway, digital only for me now when it comes to games I am looking forward to.

johncalmc

Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@johncalmc Plus you get that cool countdown timer on the PS4 dash. And with it releasing on a bank holiday I can stay up and play it in my pants.

johncalmc

@JohnnyShoulder Easter weekend with two bank holidays and Final Fantasy VII Remake? It couldn't have worked out better. I'll stock up on Kettle Chips and Cherry Coke and then that's me.

johncalmc

Twitter:

MightyDemon82

I've made the mistake of downloading FFXIV as i've heard great things. This is my first MMO any tips before I dive in?

MightyDemon82

nessisonett

@MightyDemon82 Be prepared to pay a subscription fee, my brick wall when it comes to playing MMOs!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

WanderingBullet

@MightyDemon82 Haven't played the game since 2014 but I think the first 30 days are still free? So you don't have to worry about paying a subscription fee just yet. It is a great game, btw.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

kyleforrester87

@Arugula to be honest they hold up just fine graphically so in the event PS5 is fully backwards compatible (I’m still betting they’ve figured out how to do PS3) they could well be playable in new gen hardware. Really not sure they need a remaster since they are already in high definition and that’s all they really did to the FF10 remaster.

Maybe they could remake them with a new story, characters and gameplay, though...

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

@Arugula yeah me too, I have only managed to get through it once, and I always thought I really enjoyed it. I’ve tried replaying it 4-5 times since and I can’t keep at it. There are entire sections that I despise, and the temples are awful.

Love the Mi'ihen Highroad, though.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic