Forums

Topic: Favorite Video Game Music

Posts 101 to 120 of 275

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy I didn't know you remixed game music! That's awesome!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger I used to use a computer set up (laptop, decks and microphone) and had a few gigs in Merseyside. It was before YouTube and major online promoting of rave nights (mostly illegal) so all I have is a few flyers, posters and home videos of the good old days. There are a few embarrassing videos on social media and stuff but nothing worth posting. It's why I'm the MC Noisy lol.

I have way more tracks. I can use Reason to a high standard. The final fantasy mix and streets of Rage remix on my soundcloud were done quickly. The streets of Rage one in response to the new game being announced - but its hard to emulate the sound as an amateur. I've straight up ripped the snare sound, I listen and copy as best I can onto paper and then import it to the instrument by writing manually. There are midi files but they are a mess - especially with mega drive music. So it's all manual work. I know it sounds pretty rough but I wanted to post it anyway and may master it better in the future if I get the time.

One of the Pushsquare users introduced me to soundcloud so I posted some tracks about a year ago - stuff I was working on at the time.

The fairground track was for a game idea we had on a programming course last year. I spent the longest on that than anything over the last ten years and has a sample of Homer Simpson, Bart Simpson and Han Solo. Basically all my role models from my Childhood.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy In retrospect, your username now makes way more sense.

That's really interesting stuff, thanks for explaining how you did it. I've always loved the idea of getting a keyboard and mixing desk hooked up to a computer in the corner of my room, especially since nowadays you can use all sorts of fancy software to make Middle C sound like a sixty-piece orchestra. Some of my favourite shows and films are scored by a guy in a basement. But I've probably got a romantic view of it and would never be confident enough to share anything I created, alas.

Now I'm kinda intrigued by the idea of a fairground level in a game which needs samples of Homer Simpson, Bart Simpson and Han Solo (good choice of role models, by the way)!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Was finishing up BioShock today and when I went to turn the PS3 off I dropped the controller and when I picked it up I'd found it'd made it's way over to the music section of the xmb

Turns out donkeys ago when testing the cd to MP3 function I'd ripped the soundtrack from the original Time Crisis PS1 disc onto here and ended up taking a listen

Wild Dog's theme is such a tense piece, having this shootout with him around a fountain with explosions going off everywhere...

... Might have to set the CRT up later and dust off the old G-con 45 and show him what's what once again 😉

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I remember going through my old PSone back-catalogue to see which discs worked in a CD player when I found this out about Time Crisis; you can also do this trick with Rainbow Six, Star Wars: Demolition and Tomb Raider II, too (and probably others I never owned).

Time Crisis has an excellent soundtrack. I included it in the last PushSquare Forums Weekend Quiz because to me, it's the perfect blend of "early PSone era" and "90s action movie cheese".

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Phwoar that's one nice track @KratosMD with Laser Beam! Meguro is on top form there!

As for me, seeing as I'm in the mood for a Souls game thanks to playing the Code Vein Demo all week I'm currently on my lunch break and listening to this hauntingly beautiful piano piece from Dark Souls 2: Scholar Of The First Sin by Motoi Sakuraba

Aldia, Scholar of The First Sin

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Kidfried

@KratosMD I won't go as far to call it favorite video game music of mine, but I have to agree that in Kiwami it feels like they perfected the soundtrack for this series.

It has all the nice tunes you remember, is mixed way better than previous games, and it's 'new' tracks are also quite strong.

Kidfried

Ralizah

Fire Emblem: Three Houses has my favorite OST in the series, I think. They knocked it out of the park with this one.

@KratosMD Glad to see someone else appreciates the amazing OSTs for the Persona Q games. Here's a few fantastic tracks from the sequel.

Absolutely the best Persona spinoff series.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

DerMeister

@KratosMD I haven't played Persona Q, but that music is ace, as expected from the series.

I haven't played the dancing games either, but since I first heard P3D's main theme, I was in love-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iENuOSfvGaE

As for Yakuza, from what I can remember from Kiwami 1 I did like. The battle music was good, but this was the first track I think of from Kiwami 1-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWoYxtw8490

I also did some digging, and can I lament that the western versions never got this?-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-ZRsSposHA

I also already have my favorite from Yakuza 0. Too bad that you're not supposed to hear it due to the circumstances in gameplay-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9PPlq4rOB0

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

OrbitFace

Hello for my favorite game music is music in Skyrim

OrbitFace

HallowMoonshadow

My persona talk with Der Meister yesterday made my put on my Shoji Meguro playlist during lunch today

That man knows how to make some music.

I think both Vanilla Persona 3 and 4 have wonderful openings. Persona 4's being pretty much perfect in fact, both musically and visually.

The Reincarnation remix of Unavoidable battle from P3 is pretty great too

And the P4 Soundtrack Electronica in the Velvet room is quite nice as well

jim_bob_89

While I am certain that I am no doubt forgetting some of the older personal faves of mine, there are a few "more recent" games that I loved to listen to.
1. The Witcher 3 (amazing and serene score!)
2. Danganronpa 1.2 Reload (Despair Syndrome 1 & 2, Homicide/Kill Now are AMAZING inventions!)
3. Final Fantasy series (mainly FF7 & FF9)
4. Resident Evil 2 Remake (Re 2, the original, had such eerie music.)

jim_bob_89

PSN: jim_bob_89yahoo.com

themcnoisy

I having been dipping in and out of Horizon chase (the PS Plus game from a few months ago). A tune has played a few times now and I'm positive it's exactly the same notes as a tune from celeste. Strange.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

HallowMoonshadow

I listened to a few of the Cold Steel tracks you posted @KratosMD specifically "Tie a Link of ARCUS", "Don't be Defeated by a Friend" & "To Gamble All or Nothing"

... Not gonna listen to anymore as those are really great! Don't wanna spoil anymore of the soundtrack til I get to play them myself, especially if it's for a very pivotal scene!

mookysam

Ooh awesome Trails of Cold Steel II tracks @KratosMD. Falcom music is sooo good! I recently discovered that all of their music is on Amazon Music, and since I got a 90 day trial I've been listening to bits of it the past few days. I'm really looking forward to playing the games.

This track from Trails in the Sky Second Chapter is so creepy. I had it in my head for ages. 😂 The Enforcers It plays whenever some of the villains converse with the party.

Their boss battle theme is brilliant. This track plays in the final chapter of the game, so you might not want to click on it. Fateful Confrontation It's super anyhow.

Edited on by mookysam

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

mookysam

@KratosMD Severe Blow has Fateful Confrontation beat I think. What a brilliant theme!

Nice Ys music.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Kidfried

In May upcoming year, there will be another series of video game themed classical concerts in The Netherlands, by one of the country's best orchestras.

I visited their tour last time around (2017) and it was amazing. Obviously going there again next spring.

Just wanted to share its musical program, which is amazing:

Journey, Assassin's Creed IV, Halo, Conan Exiles, Mega Man, Bioshock, Secret of Mana, The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine, Bloodborne, Final Fantasy VII, Sonic the Hedgehog, Shadow of the Colossus, The Last of us, Wing Commander, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Kidfried

Ralizah

Piano covers of various NieR: Automata tracks.

Orchestrated versions of various Seiken Densetsu songs.

These two videos have been keeping me sane while I've been performing some incredibly tedious (but necessary) activities at work.

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Darn it, I'm jealous! Particularly with the inclusion of Sonic music!

@Ralizah That second video is much more my speed. I find piano covers only really work for me in certain circumstances; nevertheless, even I've got to admit that there's some beautiful stuff in that NieR: Automata video. It's been nice to have on whilst browsing!

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger Yeah, all the songs don't work equally well on the piano. Some of that is the fact that the powerful vocals really drive the emotion in a lot of these songs. With that said, I find the calmer piano notes help put me into a bit of a meditative state (I tried just listening to NieR: Automata's OST, but, invariably, I stopped what I was doing and focused on the music, which isn't ideal when you're trying to complete a task ). It helps that the melodies of these songs are so strong.

@Kidfried That concert sounds great. I really like the diverse range of games it covers. Everything from modern gen blockbusters to niche classics from the past.

I've only been to one concert — the one that tours and performs Legend of Zelda music — and it was an entrancing experience.

Edited on by Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic