Forums

Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 Hype Thread!

Posts 101 to 120 of 242

JohnnyShoulder

@redd214 @Octane Yeah I agree, thought the brain dance section looked a bit tedious and a fiddly to use.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@redd214 The day I discovered the skip button was the day I started enjoying Spider-Man a lot more šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Octane

@redd214 lol I completely forgot about those. Tells you how memorable they were..!

Octane

redd214

@nessisonett lol, yeah I got like half way through the game before glancing down and seeing the option, definitely didn't need shape moving puzzles in the middle of my superhero fantasy game

redd214

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Hey you are well within your (video games) rights to not be hyped for any game, no matter how popular it is. I was much the same with Red Dead Redemption 2. I just hope it does not get catty when it releases l, like with TLOU2. Some people seem to take great glee in being really negative on it without having played it yet.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Oh itā€™ll be interesting to see if a multiplatform release thatā€™s not shying away from touching political hot buttons will get the same amount of hate that TLoU2 (a Sony exclusive) got. Not saying all the online hate is being driven by a political agenda, but I think a lot of it is. If Cyberpunk doesnā€™t get review bombing, Twitter and YouTube rage, spoilers and other attempts at sabotage, etc - then I just have to wonder if a lot of the nefarious motivation was console rivalry driven by those outside the PlayStation community who want to take a dump on the companyā€™s biggest PS exclusive. But I have a feeling that itā€™s more than just console wars and so yes - Cyberpunk will get itā€™s share of negative press from people who havenā€™t even played it.

Edited on by Th3solution

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

nessisonett

@Th3solution The ones thatā€™ll inevitably be offended by Cyberpunkā€™s political stance are the same people that stopped listening to Rage Against The Machine when they showed support for the BLM movement. In other words, idiots who thought that CDPR were on their side. Considering the GOG employee that tweeted jokes about trans people on their Twitter was fired and immediately went to work with TheQuartering on a Gamergate website, itā€™s easy to see why people with a lack of mental capacity could jump to that conclusion.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Unfortunately you are probably right. šŸ˜«

Oh and in answer to your quandary to Cyberpunk maybe being too similar to GTA (which is why I replied to you in the first place but I got distracted lol), this will have more RPG elements than those games. What you saw was only a snapshot of what you can do in the game, and you can very much play the game how you want, depending on what skills you have got.

Of course there will be similarities with GTA, it will be a very violent game for instance, but from what I've seen I'm not getting the vibe this will play like a first person futuristic GTA game.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

Apparently the start of the game varies depending on which background you choose. Each option Nomad, Streetkid or Corpo has a different starting area and will affect the whole game to a degree. Looks like I'll be doing at least 3 playthroughs.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets I like the idea of starting in the desert and heading into the city. Think that is how you start as a Nomad, was in one of the vids I watched.

ApostateMage

I loved the way Dragon Age Origins did this.
I reckon I'm starting as a street kid first. I like the idea of a lowly hoodrat hitting the big time.

ApostateMage

HallowMoonshadow

Had a look at some of the stuff that was released and ooooph does it look good.

I have no idea how it's going to look on a PS4 though... I think my slim might just melt trying to play this!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

My old PC is twice as capable as a PS4 and I'm still worried about how this game will run.

Honestly, it looks more "next-gen" than almost anything I saw at the next-gen conferences (barring R&C's universe-changing gimmickry).

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

BearsEatBeets

@ApostateMage When I first heard about that it reminded me of the first Dragon Age too. I think I'm going to go with a outcast nomad but imagine I will change my mind several times before the game releases. From the clip I saw I liked starting outside the City and slowly seeing it appear on the horizon as you drive in to start your adventure.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Plus there is the load of balls that some are saying this is anti consumer for being.....a FPS RPG.... and others who flat out refuse to buy it because of this too.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Iā€™m not even sure how to reply to that. I literally donā€™t see the problem with it being an FPS RPG..? šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I don't quite know! šŸ˜‚ I know some people can get queasy from playing fps games, like my dad couldn't play Skyrim cos of that. But that was like, what 8 years ago? And he has not experienced it since. I think some people have a problem with the change from previous games.... because.... reasons. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø Not sure how any of that ties in with it being anti consumer though!

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Itā€™s also not The Witcher. Like itā€™s a new IP for them to tackle so I personally wasnā€™t expecting it to be a clone of Witcher 3!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.