Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 921 to 940 of 4,717

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy You've included two PS4 games?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LieutenantFatman

@JohnnyShoulder
Well, I think it's fair to say they will both get some special sauce treatment updates for the PS5 and will look just as good as any launch PS5 game.

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

@LieutenantFatman I suppose so, but then you could include the majority of PS4 games then?

And I doubt we will get Spider-man and Horizon Forbidden West at launch. Got be realistic here folks.

@Arugula What questions you got then, mostly to do with release dates (for the games and console) and price?

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Spider-Man’s Wikipedia page literally says it’s a launch title. Given that the trailer said Holiday 2020, I’m inclined to agree.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah sorry, I was meant say Spider-man would be a launch title for that very reason. Was nodding off there! Horizon the following spring maybe?

@Arugula Yeah I thought that would be the case. Don't like the Lockhart approach that MS are rumoured to be going down, seems a bit pointless to me. I will more likely get the disk PS5 version as I prefer watching films kn 4K blu ray and I have a few games on disk I would still like to play through backwards compatibility.

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Yeah out of the 20 or so physical games I have only a handful I would realistically want to play again. I bought a lot more physical games earlier on this gen, but all those have been traded in and i no longer do that.

I actually have a separate 4K blu ray player, but it is a quite a basic one which I got just to ride me over until PS5 came out.

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Can't see it being more than 50 quid personally. Yeah I'm same and will be flip flopping between the two before I finally decide.

Ryall

@JohnnyShoulder They have a greater incentive to subsidise the digital only version since they keep a greater share of the revenue from the sale of games.

Ryall

Ryall

I’ll be getting the version with the disk drive as I have an irrational attachment to owning physical copies of games.

Ryall

JJ2

I mean I really dont see the point of the DE , from my point of view anyway. Got plenty of games on my shelf. Not going frisbee with all that. And I still want to swap games with friends.
Anyway the proper console looks badass. DE not so much.

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

andreoni79

I just sold 2 Gamecube's games for a total of € 150. I love collectors. Another good reason for me to buy the "normal" PS5: will internet still exist in 2040? Nobody knows...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

BAMozzy

In a time when economically the world is struggling, it may make sense to launch a system that is stripped down in some way to save money. Whether people will embrace being locked into a 'digital' only market place, we will see. Sony can charge full recommended retail price on Digital games and maximise their profit margins to sell the console at a reduced cost - much more so than just the 'cost' of the disc drive and the additional costs of fittings and materials.

I don't know how successful MS's All-Digital S is but I also expect the price to factor in. For someone who just wants Game Pass and play what ever that gives them access too - maybe the odd 'new' game in a sale, its not a bad option at all. It offers a lot of games at launch too so don't have to buy digitally at the peak of their pricing as well as discounts on buying games if/when they leave Game Pass - if you want to keep them. I think Sony's all digital PS5 though is a different proposition and coming at the start when there isn't going to be a good library of next gen releases at discounted prices. It could limit peoples BC options too - none of your PS4 disc based games could be played.

It doesn't make sense to me. But then maybe the console isn't designed for me - but may make more sense to someone else. I don't really know why MS would make 'Lockhart' - other than it could offer a HD version of the Series X - and the Series X will have games that won't run on XB1 - like Scorn and the Medium. That's assuming it does release. It makes sense too if MS are stopping manufacture of current gen hardware, sell off what they have and replace with the Lockhart. It may also just be an internal piece of hardware - something designed to replace their xCloud servers which basically have the XB1S inside - so they can continue to stream 'new' games at say 1080p to any device - not intended for public release.

Choice is a good thing - but is removing a physical media player removing choice - the choice of retailer to buy games, the choice to watch DVD's, Blurays and 4k HDR Blurays, the choice to play old PS4 disc based games....

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

nessisonett

@andreoni79 Oof, my GameCube games are currently looking very nervous indeed if they can be sold for that much dosh!

JohnnyShoulder

@BAMozzy Sony hasn't said how backwards compatibility will work, but I'm assuming both digital and physical games will be ok, otherwise you will have PS+ games and digital purchases locked on PS4. Obviously if you have a huge number of games on disk, why would you then get an all digital console? 😂 This is one of the reasons why there are two models available, it is not like Sony is forcing anyone to buy one model over the other. Consumers have a choice, a console with a blu ray drive and one without. Nothing more complicated than that really.

andreoni79

@Octane @nessisonett Paper Mario for 100 and Luigi's Mansion for 50. Ikaruga is worthy 60 while other first party games are 20/40.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Octane

@andreoni79 Sounds about right for Paper Mario, but you got lucky with LM; that game goes for around 30 if you know where to look!

Octane

nessisonett

@andreoni79 Wow, I own both of them in pretty mint condition. I might cash in them, Fire Emblem PoR and Skies of Arcadia Legends for a PS5 at this rate!

MuhBael

That PS5 was pretty cool actually. Now all that's left is to know the price and launch games. I imagine we'll see another PS5 event one month before release. Now let's just hope the system isn't too pricey.

MuhBael

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic