Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 321 to 340 of 6,461

RogerRoger

@ToddlerNaruto Oh wow, so the DLC side quests (I'm assuming that's Season of Infamy?) pop up that early in the story! That's interesting. I won't say anything further in case of spoilers, but that's... interesting! I haven't played a new save with them installed before.

Glad you're getting to grips with it now, and hope you continue to enjoy!

@JohnnyShoulder As the replies from @NecuVise and @ToddlerNaruto have intimated, the Batmobile really isn't that bad at all, and can be a heck of a lot of fun. The DLC packs that feature classic movie and television race tracks and Batmobile models are fantastic if you're a bat-fan but, even without them, the core game (mostly) benefits from giving Batman some wheels. There are one or two moments, especially if you go for 100% completion, where it can be less-than-amazing, but it's still good, and nowhere near as hideously awful as people make out.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

I thought it was a needed mix up after 3 Arkham games to have the Bat Mobile. I quite enjoyed it in the game and don’t get the hate.

Jaz007

RogerRoger

Finished Rayman Legends yesterday...

...well, I say "finished" but I mean "played every main level through to completion and got an even-numbered trophy percentage, so am calling it a day before any more insanely-impossible levels make me crush another controller in pure, unbridled fury for a bunch of simple polygons and what some sado-masochistic games designer made them do".

Great game, though. I'll keep it on my HDD for the odd half-hour blast, especially those musical levels. They were fantastic. I wish there were more of them instead of the Dark Rayman invasion paintings... uh-oh, here comes the rage again!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

Oh man, you guys haven't lived if you haven't played "Grannies World Tour, 8-bit Edition." It's a music level that you have to play purely by muscle memory because the game make it as hard as possible to see what you're actually doing.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@KratosMD @Ralizah Thanks; when I say "every main level", I include the painting on the far-right with all the 8-Bit Remix stages. I had real trouble with some of the disruption effects, mainly the black and white static, but somehow aced Grannies' World Tour 8-Bit on my first attempt, probably because I'd seen all their worst attempts to throw me off in the previous levels (and the splitscreen just made me laugh). Fantastic stuff.

The only outstanding levels I've yet to try are all the Return to Origins paintings; I've done about half of them in total, but after clearing that far-right painting it gave me ten scratchcards and I got six of them. By that point, I was ready to call it a day.

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger I mean, if you've played Origins, you're not really experiencing anything new. It sounds like you've seen the vast majority of content in the game.

I was going for the platinum trophy until I realized I would have to get gold medals in online challenges every day for months to achieve Awesomeness level 11. I was pretty well and done then.

Edited on by Ralizah

Gremio108

@RogerRoger @Ralizah I had the most trouble with the remixed orchestral one, the level with all the plants. I can't remember why it caused me so much grief but I lost count of how many goes it took.
My kids still play Legends on the PS3 and they're excited to play it again on PS4, so it looks like I'll be playing it through again with them... Better get sharpening my reflexes I suppose

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@Ralizah I haven't played Origins (or any other Rayman game, for that matter) but there was a distinctly different feeling to those levels; they were a little longer, slightly calmer and pretty simple to clear without too many deaths. The only ones that gave me some trouble were the ones where you chased a box (previously singled out by @KratosMD for their awesome music). I'll happily leave them for later.

Yep, the online challenges were great for being there, but the trophies tied to them made me recoil slightly. I ended up getting Bronze, Silver and (when I waited for a day with an easier level) Gold but the only other friend on my PSN profile playing the game (who I'd have to beat several times for one trophy) is a machine who was regularly top of the daily leaderboards. No chance. Don't blame you!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 That's the level with the black-and-white static. That was my worst, too, because it totally fuzzed out the screen every time you jumped, and towards the end there were enemies in mid-jump that you had to hit and you simply couldn't see them.

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

@RogerRoger Yeah, horrific stuff! I remember there was a certain bit where every time I reached it, I made the same exact mistake, every time. Can't wait to play that one again........

Rayman Legends is one of the few games where I've come close to getting the platinum and given up. Normally if I find I've finished on 90-something per cent, I'll push on through, but after a few days of doing those challenges, it slowly dawned on me how long it would take and I packed it in. I think only Assassin's Creed II has a similar percentage on my list, because I gave up on finding the feathers.

I'm starting to get excited about playing Rayman Legends again though. Wasn't there a Mexican 'Eye Of The Tiger' in one level? Fantastic stuff.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Ralizah

@RogerRoger The box levels are fun. They're basically speed-running challenges.

But yeah, Origins is a much more focused experience than Legends. The progression of levels also has a logic to it, unlike Legends, which feels like a level pack.

I don't have any issues getting Gold medals (although diamond ones are borderline impossible for me), but the prospect of playing the same challenges every day for months on end doesn't make me leap for joy. At that point, the game is just asking me to grind for no good reason.

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 Yeah, the 'Eye of the Tiger' level was the second or third musical level. A definite favourite, although it was around that point that I started to find things a little tricky.

Huge congratulations on getting over 90% trophies! I'm on 56% and happy with that.

@Ralizah There was an element of that which I picked up on; after a very brief introduction saying "all the heroes went to sleep, and evil is back, so wake up" it just seemed to abandon any kind of context and just let you run about in levels... which I've got no problem with, but it felt like it at least started life with a little more structure.

When I saw that the trophy award percentage for getting 1,000,000 lums and unlocking the final hero was something like 0.6% I figured that the grind got a lot of people down.

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger It's actually not too hard to get those trophies if you collect all of the creatures, 100% all of the single-player content and play the online challenges for a week or two.

Every day for 3 months, though? That Awesomeness Lvl 11 trophy is an INSANE grind.

I might get back to it sometime. I really want that platinum trophy. I've already invested so much time in this game.

Edited on by Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah

Since it's only 9Gb then leaving it installed was no problem; it's something that I could see playing little and often, but I'm not with my console every day for a week, let alone three months. Isn't it also on PS Vita? Could you try and go for those challenges that way, leave it somewhere obvious and pick it up for five minutes every day? Just a thought!

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger I wish! Unfortunately, the Vita version has its own trophy list. It's also actually harder, because, in addition to all of the PS4 trophies, it has one requiring you to get a diamond medal in one of the online challenges.

Also can't get remote play to work well in my home, so that's not an option, either.

It's a pity, as those online challenges would be PERFECT to clear through on the Vita while watching TV or something. But if I play it on the Vita, I gotta start allllllllllllll over again.

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Well, that's just cruel.

You're right; it's very much a "let's play a couple levels whilst dinner heats up" kinda game, which is weird because I also found it easier once I'd played for half an hour and gotten my eye in. I took a few days away from it over the weekend and was suddenly rubbish again when I came back (by which point, I was on the tougher levels, too... nightmare!).

Best of luck if you do make an attempt for the platinum! You're a braver man than I.

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

I decided to play a little game from my backlog today call Inside. You may have heard of it.
About an hour into it and It is brilliant so far. I liked Limbo, but I think this one is even better.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

FullbringIchigo

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD, i want to finish it before i restart the series with the PS4 HD remasters of KH1

just the last boss to go

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Ralizah

@KratosMD I put 25 - 30 hours into the game last year. It's interesting. Several moments of tedium, but the ingenuity of certain puzzle types made up for it. Learning the logic language of a series of puzzles is sort of like learning a language organically.

Edited on by Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic