Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 341 to 360 of 6,460

Th3solution

So far the puzzles in Inside are just awesome. I’m not necessarily a huge fan of puzzle games that are just just blatant puzzlers, but the simplicity of Inside’s controls (using two buttons only, the game being completely 2D with only going left or right) and how each puzzle is self contained within that small section (ie no hunting around from section to section and backtracking with a key for this or that, etc), and the fact that if you die then you respawn right there without any loss of progress ... it is just a real refreshing and satisfying gameplay. The game looks simple but gorgeous. I’m about halfway through and I’m finding it to be delightful. A nice change from Bloodborne, which has me at a point where I feel the difficulty has spiked again. While playing Inside, each progress through a section leaves me feeling so satisfied and it makes me want to keep going.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

stinkyx

Re-installed Call of Duty: Black Ops III and man...ruined my weekend! Stayed up late every night playing, and it quickly went from fun to frustrating (getting shot in the back repeatedly, no matter how careful I was navigating the maps or staying with my team). Really made me feel gross and obsessive, moody...like an addict, wanting to play over and over trying to finish in first place and be the best like I used to back in the ol' Advanced Warfare days (before I got rid of my PS4 and all my games since I couldn't stop playing Call of Duty).

Anyway, I hate Call of Duty LOL. I'm swearing it off, again! Same with other competitive shooters. The tryhard gameplay and anger-fueled communities are just not why I should be playing video games.

Edited on by stinkyx

Make it a great day!

PSN: tearatherflesh

ApostateMage

ME Andromeda. I can forgive the rough animations, dodgy fetch quests and the far too much auto dialogue from Ryder, the one thing that I really dislike about this game is the writing. It's bloody awful. Why does everybody have to speak with smart arsed quips? It's really really annoying and I'm glad I only paid £6.50 for it.

ApostateMage

RogerRoger

I've decided to get the most out of Star Wars: Battlefront II before probably casting it aside for good. I'm currently replaying the campaign. Without the crushing launch period disappointment, there's actually some really fantastic moments in there. I love the exploration of what happened to the Empire after the death of Palpatine, and don't even mind the cameo levels from a narrative perspective (just a gameplay one; Luke's level is genuinely offensive as an interactive experience, but the cutscenes are nice). I'm glad to be giving it another run, and it's not like it'll take me forever to clear.

@ToddlerNaruto Hope you're still enjoying it?

@ApostateMage Sorry to hear that you're struggling to find the good in Andromeda. It is there, but I can understand how most folks find it buried a little too deep. Best of luck (and nicely done on the bargain price, too).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@ToddlerNaruto The curse of the working gamer. I completely sympathise.

Glad you're still enjoying it, though.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Trev82usa

For some reason Destiny 2, I dunno it's a dirty habbit, just grabbed Detroit become human, still dabbling in a bit of GT sport and slowing working my way through my Dirt 4 plat

Trev82usa

stinkyx

Just discovered the “Heroes and Villains” mode of Star Wars Battlefront 2 (have barely touched this game since launch) and I’m IN LOVE! Didn’t realize it was an Overwatch-style hero-shooter mode...it’s dumb fun to just play as Han, Luke, Vader, Rey etc and have super-short ability cooldowns, meaning lots of thermal detenators and spinny lightsaber moves.

Make it a great day!

PSN: tearatherflesh

KidRyan

RogerRoger wrote:

@ToddlerNaruto The curse of the working gamer. I completely sympathise.

Glad you're still enjoying it, though.

40 hour fulltime working gamer at that. Especially when work actually consumes 14 hours daily counting waking up and transportation...

I haven't played Arkham Knight in like 2 weeks...hopefully I'll have some free time next week.

Edited on by KidRyan

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Stevenfins

I've been playing Mad Max from the monthly games. It's really pretty and I think it really captures the essence of the movies. I like how you upgrade your car and the combat both on foot and on car, is really cool, if not simple. However, after about 15 hours I think it is becoming a bit repetitive. It reminds me some of the worst Ubisoft games on that aspect and so now I'm just trying to finish the main story and move on.

Edited on by Stevenfins

Stevenfins

PSN: stevenfins

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger @ToddlerNaruto working gamer here also. This year more so than any year has left me bankrupt for time.

I am so glad I played psvr just into New Year and battered GT Sport around the same time. Yakuza Kiwami was a great buy when I had the chance and a few spare nights, same goes for pes 18. Otherwise this year has been a none starter. Compared to last year I had finished p4g, ffx, titanfall, yakuza zero, Beserk and Batman telltale game as well as a load of others.

If it wasnt for 2 mortgages I would be begging the pushsquare team to take me on as tea maker.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

KidRyan

themcnoisy wrote:

@RogerRoger @ToddlerNaruto working gamer here also. This year more so than any year has left me bankrupt for time.

I am so glad I played psvr just into New Year and battered GT Sport around the same time. Yakuza Kiwami was a great buy when I had the chance and a few spare nights, same goes for pes 18. Otherwise this year has been a none starter. Compared to last year I had finished p4g, ffx, titanfall, yakuza zero, Beserk and Batman telltale game as well as a load of others.

If it wasnt for 2 mortgages I would be begging the pushsquare team to take me on as tea maker.

I feel for you man and can so relate regarding lack of free time. It took me 2-3 months just to beat Horizon: Zero Dawn's story.

Same amount of time for inFAMOUS: Second Son...the Uncharted games & Ratchet and Clank were easier, think I beat those in 1-1.5 months.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Ralizah

The lack of TV time makes it hard for me to get through long home console-only games. Persona 5 took me five months or so to beat.

It's one of the big reasons I prefer portable systems.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

themcnoisy wrote:

There'd be a queue.

Making It So Since 1987

Lovespuds

@stevenfins
I played Mad Max when it released back in the day and for the most part, I had a great time with it. I guess I have a higher tolerance to that Ubisoft style repetition because I pretty much dud everything on the map with the exception of the races. I am not sure I ever liked the handling model of the cars and so never had a desire to complete the race challenges. Overall, I would say Mad Max was something of a hidden gem personally.

I am back into Dark Souls in a big way, I have just reached Anor Londo and so I am dreading the scrap with Ornstein and Smough, I always struggled with this boss on PS3.

Lovespuds

KAPADO

@JohnnyShoulder its not random trees a method to the ball combinations too get the player you actually want.

Lord of The Church of Sony and savior of Blu-Ray Children...that plays with 2 PS Moves.

Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@KAPADO There are so many theories out there I don't know what to believe anymore. There was one flying about that the choice is made as soon as the balls start spinning round so doesn't really matter when you stop em.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Stevenfins

@Lovespuds I finished Mad Max yesterday. For about 20-25 hours of total playtime, while doing only a few of the sidequests, I got to say I rather enjoyed it. A solid 8/10 game for me.
I think Witcher 3 played a big part into my playstyle. The quality of this game's sidequests has really spoiled me for life.

Stevenfins

PSN: stevenfins

ApostateMage

Okay I'll admit it, I'm quite enjoying ME Andromeda. There I said it. After a poor start, the game starts to slowly feel like typical Mass Effect, especially on the planet Kadara. It's feels as if this portion of the game had different writers. I also like all the party banter as you travel around in the Nomad. But most of all, I really do like my Sara Ryder. I hated all her smart arsed remarks at first but she has really grown on me and actually comes out with some witty lines.

It's no classic Mass Effect and it is full of typical open world mini missions and such but I reckon the vast amount of peeps who say that the game is awful never really gave it enough chance.

ApostateMage

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic