Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 5,756

themcnoisy

@icecube I have the same issue with the Dreams plat. Sat at 85%, all came at a fair pace. The last 3 Trophies though are a drain, a real big drain.

@ApostateMage I've never see the cartoon but I'm intrigued now. Worth a blast, I played it on ps now and is well worth having a go. The reviews concentrate on the negatives - honestly the npcs say some of the funniest things I've ever heard in games so it's worth it for that alone. Beat up a guy and he's like 'I'm not very good at this' or 'I will err just sit here a while'. When a city was under siege from pirates an npc said 'well at least it isn't raining'. It's just funny and is my sense of humour. B-MO if it gets the last hit in a battle is like 'yeah goooo B-MO... and everyone else'. Its a pretty easy plat, didn't have to grind and mopped up after finishing the game. When you finish you go back to the main menu. Select continue and can do the side quests.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

LieutenantFatman

@themcnoisy
Sounds good, I love anything like that when it makes me laugh. I remember watching a couple of episodes with a friend, was good fun. Always impressive when they can entertain both adults and kids with these things.

LieutenantFatman

themcnoisy

@LieutenantFatman give it a go, it's turn based RPG with action adventure elements and a good map. You think it's going to be larger by the end but you have 3 main locations - Candy Town, The Creepy Forrest and Fire Island. These main maps have off shoot islands to visit which are usually really small.

I've seen some posts about people struggling with levelling, I found the curve to the plat almost perfect actually. As long as you don't look for grinding spots ou naturally fight enemies around your level which give big exp.

Also too tip, when Jake gets his boomerang ability max that ASAP - he can hit 4 enemies for big damage which speeds up the fights big time.

LieutenantFatman

@themcnoisy
That does sound like a top tip, cheers matey, I'll keep an eye out for it during psn sales.

LieutenantFatman

nessisonett

@themcnoisy I’ll definitely give it a go, I’ve been eyeing it for a while on Now since I was a huge fan of the cartoon. It was on throughout my teens so Adventure Time and Regular Show pretty much made those years, it’s kinda sad now they’re finished. I was worried about it being a tie-in but I’m glad it’s not bad!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

@themcnoisy Sounds like a good game, what game(s) combat would you compare the combat to? @nessisonett Yeah I loved Adventure Time and Regular Show too, Did you ever watch Space Ghost Coast to Coast? That was great as well.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Oh yeah Space Ghost was great, Cartoon Network and Adult Swim were pretty similar back then but it seems to have widened again. Although that Regular Show game on 3DS was truly terrible, I do wish there were more game adaptations!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

@themcnoisy I missed your comment about it being a turn-based RPG, that's too bad, it's really put me off what could have been a great game, I dislike turn-based RPGs in general as I prefer the thrill of melee-based combat in real-time, ala The Witcher and Dark Souls games, so that's a no from me regarding this game.

N.B I had the same problem with Stick of Truth.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

themcnoisy

@Draco_V_Ecliptic It's actually really well done. I used to enjoy turn based but now I'm glad most games have moved away from it, Adventure time is a decent implementation and the fights can be tense (especially the first proper boss).

icecube

Just got the Plat for Spiderman. Great game!

icecube

RogerRoger

@icecube Congratulations! Quite an enjoyable platinum, isn't it?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

icecube

@RogerRoger very good tbh. Especially as they split the new game + stuff into a separate file. I like the game but have no interest in playing it again from the start. There are many other games to get my teeth stuck into!

icecube

RogerRoger

@icecube Ah, fair enough! I was gonna ask if you went for 100% or just enjoyed going for the separate platinum. The core list is very well-balanced, and I was very pleased to discover the Taskmaster trophies only required mid-range challenge scores; demanding perfection on some of those would've been too much!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

johncalmc

I think the Spider-Man platinum is mostly a great list because it's mostly just doing fun stuff and collecty stuff, but I did get a bit narked with having to track down random crimes on the street for that one.

johncalmc

Twitter:

icecube

@johncalmc yeah that was a bit tiresome tbh. But everything else was fine.

icecube

Th3solution

@KratosMD Impressive. Congrats!
The only Assassins Creed game I got close to platinuming was AC2. But then there was a glitch on one of the trophies where it was broken somehow and I could never get it so I had to give up.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

johncalmc

I got the platinum in Days Gone.

Pretty funny actually. The last trophy I had to get was one for unlocking all of the skills and to unlock skills you need XP and to get XP you need to kill things - you know how video games work. Anyway, I was 46XP off levelling up and getting the platinum, and inexplicably, zombies just seemed to disappear off the map. I was walking around for NO WORD OF A LIE 25 minutes, through the wilderness, looking for something to kill and nothing showed up. I wanna go talk to Iron Mike to hand a quest in and oh boy you better believe I run into zombies. I've got no bandages left and I've ran out of petrol and I need to just go over herBAM! Zombies! But I need to kill a zombie to get the platinum? They've all gone on holiday.

It was pretty crazy. I was sat telling Lauren, "Can you believe this? All the zombies have gone and I only need to kill one more for the platinum?" and she was like, "Yeah okay whatever John."

Anyway one showed up and I got the Days Gone platinum.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic