Forums

Topic: The order 1886-Looks like our worst fears have been realised.

Posts 21 to 22 of 22

get2sammyb
SteveButler2210
SuperSilverback

Im gona give them the benefit of the doubt. They made 2 God of War games that had better storys and gameplay than the 4 main games. I mean, if they can make me like Kratos and actually show him being vulnerable, then yeah im gona wait til The Order is out before I trash it.

As for the gameplay, its a 3rd person shooter. What can they do to make it revolutionary that hasnt already been done? Its the setting thats got me real hyped.

This is exactly what my thoughts are when I see people saying "oh the shooting looks so generic". Guys, it's a linear 3rd person cover shooter, chances are that the gameplay is always going to be fairly generic, there's simply only so much you can do within that genre. If it weren't for the bold set pieces and the fantastic writing, the Uncharted games would be generic too. It's largely the scripting and the setting these days that enable a game in this genre to set itself apart from it's peers. People really need to give this more of a chance, particularly when we've only seen tiny fragments of it so far. This is still one of my most anticipated titles!

With that in mind, the Thermite Rifle's really clever, as you don't actually target enemies, but shoot above them and then use flares to light them up. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire arsenal is interesting like this.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.