Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 681 to 700 of 2,111

Jaz007

@RogerRoger I’d play them in chronological order just so none of the later story in the first two inFamous games is mentioned to you in Second Son. And whenever you have a choice, it’s just between a good or evil one, so it would make for a simple, but different replay as a decent number of missions change entirety depending on which route you take.
inFamous 2 also has a cool feature where you import the save date from 1 and carry over some of your Karma and stuff. The series can also be very close a tear jerker too.
I am a little surprised there hasn’t been a inFamous remaster though. Maybe they want something to remaster for PS5?

Jaz007

Tasuki

Ok guys that's enough on Infamous Series. We don't need a discussion about remasters and such.

THIS THE FINALLY WARNING KEEP IT TO RECOMMENDATIONS OR THIS THREAD WILL BE LOCKED.. If you wish to go more into a discussion of said game take it to the chit chat thread.

Thanks for understanding.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

JohnnyShoulder

Sorry to ask this again, but has anyone played the dlc for Residential Evil 7? Think it is 11 quid in the ps store Halloween sale.

Will probably end up picking it up, along with residential evil and zero as it's pay day tomorrow. 😁

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

Has anyone played The Council? And if so, would you recommend it? I like the whole alternate history genre and the story heavy gameplay like a Telltale game or Life is Strange, which is kind of the vibes it gives off. Push Square gave the first episode a 6/10 but Sammy was optimistic that there was something interesting in the groundwork it laid. Then the game was never brought up again, despite now all the episodes (4 of them I think?) being released. The complete game with all the episodes is now on sale in the NA double discounts sale for $15, so I’m tempted to pick it up.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Yeah, good shout, I'll second that question; I would be interested in picking that up if there's somebody out there willing to recommend it.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger The complete disappearance of any updates about the game makes me wonder if it ended up as a complete mess. Push Square seemed to be really interested in following the series when the first episode launched, but there was never any follow up. Whether that means it turned up being awful (which hasn’t stopped coverage of a lousy game before), or whether it got buried in more pressing game releases (yet somehow we still got reviews for Immoral: Unchained and Battle Chef Brigade Deluxe 😐), or maybe the publisher just stop sending out review codes on the later episodes. I actually didn’t even realize all the episodes were released and the game is now complete until I happened to find it on the PS Store.
My suspicion is poor marketing doomed it and nobody played it. Even a google for reviews seems to come up empty regarding anyone who played it past Epi 1. The reviews of that first installment were pretty consistent that the voice acting and writing left something to be desired, but the game’s ideas and vision were intriguing. Perhaps the voice acting and production improved in the latter episodes. Or perhaps it got even worse. I’d like to know before I plop down $15. (Admittedly, not a high price for a game that is less than 8 months old, but still)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Very true, and now I'm even more curious, particularly if nobody even bothered reviewing the other episodes. If it appears in an EU sale, I may take the chance and will therefore obviously share my thoughts, but I'm sorry that I can't help you in the immediate whilst it's featured in the NA sale.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger With the death of Telltale and the fact that Life is Strange 2 is still months away from completion (I much prefer waiting on these episodics until they are all released and then play the game without having to wait between them. Netflix has spoiled us all.) this is the type of game I might just take a chance on as a good palate cleanser between the large epics. I’m already finishing up the wonderful story driven Detroit BH now and then probably moving on to Red Dead 2, so it may be a while before I get to it, but if I do then I will be sure to post my impressions. Unless there is anyone else out there who has already played it ....? [the sound of crickets emanates....]

Octane

@KratosMD I really liked Hyper Light Drifter. It's one of my favourite indie games I think. It's like a fast-paced action heavy Zelda game. It's pretty difficult, but very manageable at the same time.

Night in the Woods had two ''prequels'' which I played, but I didn't like them as much, so I never bought the full release. Unravel is a neat game as well, but it's just as much an ''experience'' game as it is a platformer. I liked it, but I liked HLD a lot better I think.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Night in the Woods is a must. Kinda like OxenFree in how it plays but totally different setting and art style. I've not actually played bit lol, but I've not heard a bad word said about it from anyone that has.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Well you should certainly give Oxenfree a go, it's definitely greater than the sum of its parts and took me by surprise.

Octane

@KratosMD I found it to be very 'fair' for a challenging game. It's no Dark Souls, not that difficult. Probably easier than Celeste too, since dying is kinda the point of that game. Have you ever played Tropical Freeze? I'd say that game is challenging whilst being fair too. Respawning is quick from what I remember.

Octane

Jaz007

So any thoughts on For Honor in it’s current state? The swords and MP combined has me intrigued.

Jaz007

Tasuki

@Jaz007 Not sure what you mean by current state but it's a fun game overall. Pretty big player base still. It's basically like CoD Multiplayer but with Hand to Hand weapons instead of guns. I never played the single player campaign though so I can't tell you anything about that

My Backlog

Jaz007

@Tasuki I understand it’s been updated and also just got some DLC.

Jaz007

Tasuki

@Jaz007 oh yeah lol. honestly it's been getting updates since day one. The most recent one added a new faction Chinese like warriors. I haven't played them but I have heard they are fun.

My Backlog

Octane

There's a PSVR headset on sale for €199. It comes with the camera, it's also the V2 (I assume that's the newest version), and it comes with a copy of VR Worlds.

That's a steal right?

Octane

Th3solution

@Octane That does sound cheap. I’m afraid personally it will take an even lower price for me to join the VR nation. It just seems like such a headache to deal with all the set up and cords. Hopefully PS5 figures out a way to make it all wireless.

Bonbonetti

@KratosMD Out of those games I'd say Guacamelee 2 and Night in the Woods. Guacamelee also puts a smile on my face; the music is fun, the gameplay is fast and flowing, it's a colourful and cheerful experience to me. Night in the Woods has a really nice visual style, and the story and characters are interesting and memorable. It's an easy game to recommend.

Unravel is very unique, not just in terms of gameplay but also in terms of visual style and music. It can be infuriating at times though, when it comes to solving some of the platforming puzzles; getting the character to do what you want.

Bonbonetti

JohnnyShoulder

@beemo It is currently on offer on the ps store in the UK, think it is about 11 quid.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic