Forums

Topic: Horizon: Zero: Dawn

Posts 321 to 340 of 787

Mega-Gazz

andreoni79 wrote:

Now, after some 105 hours, I'm in the penultimate mission of Nioh so I hope to spend my next weekend in HorizonLand!

I still have to go back for my plat in nioh too, but honestly HZD is a better overall game. Hopefully I'll finish in time for the DS3 dlc

Mega-Gazz

XOF

@roe well yeah, of course these kind of add-on will help a new experience, the permadeath would be a lot of fun! I already finished the game on the hardest difficulty and it was incredible! but honestly I'd rather a new DLC...preferably in the Ban-Ur region...seriously despite of the story and all the characters I love the Tribes and their stories...fell in love with the Nora and Banuk culture! Carja and Oseram are also soooo deep XD

I make deliveries, that's all.

PSN: Homo-Ludens97

kyleforrester87

I haven't played this since I got Nier. Honestly, Nier is more my type of game, but Horizon is bloody fantastic. Reckon I'll get back on it this weekend!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

XOF

I read some comments in the previous page about that Two corrupted rockbrakers, gotta add this...sorry can't resist
the fight was very tough, but the game itself...kinda early in the story teaches us how to deal with corrupted machines, the best thing to use against these corrupted sh!ts is Fire, shoot them with fire arrows and set them on fire, it deal a great amount of damage, after that...all you need to do is...DOGE

BAMozzy

@Rudy_Manchego All the 'shadow' weapons are the 'best' you can buy and ALL will be 'useful' in certain situations. The 3 bows are all useful as is the tripcaster for machines and slings for humans. One of the slings is great for shock/frost too. The ropecaster maybe useful for 'big' enemies - if you want to hold them in place. In truth, they all serve a purpose and it depends on what you are fighting, what they are strong/weak against and the tactics you prefer to tackle them with. I preferred the 3 bows and swapped out the slings, tripcaster and ropecaster as I needed/wanted...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Mega-Gazz

Cyph0Lax wrote:

all you need to do is...DOGE

Untitled

(I did try fire.... 24 blast wires worked better )

Mega-Gazz

XOF

@Mega-Gazz LOL not sure if I ever used 24 blast wires in one fight XD

Rudy_Manchego

@BAMozzy I prefer the bow anyway, I find the bow mechanics/firing are really satisfying compared to other games.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Splat

I have heard that PS is sending a code for a dynamic theme to people who have got the Platinum. I got the Plat a few days ago but haven't received anything. That said you might check your email if you did.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

BAMozzy

@Splat I had a Dynamic Theme with the Limited Edition anyway - not sure if its the same one. Its not the 'most' dynamic theme I have seen - it plays the music and 'draws' the logo but the bulk of it is static...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

ApostateMage

Triple fire precision arrows from a damage coil modded sharpshot bow. This is your friend.

ApostateMage

Fight_Teza_Fight

Just beat my first StormBird
That was difficult. Used pretty much all my resources.
Took a nice picture with my prey afterwards.
Now to capture my last vantage point and get back to the story.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Splat

Just picked this up and love it.

Untitled

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Mega-Gazz

@Fight_Teza_Fight My first stormbird was tough AF. Then I got the lodge ropecaster, frost bombs/arrows, and sticky bombs and they die in like no time... tie down->freeze->load up with time delay sticky bombs so it stays frozen while you load it up->watch the fireworks multiplied by the frost->profit

Mega-Gazz

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Mega-Gazz That sounds insane! I definitely have to change my approach with them. The whole fight took me about 15mins.
I'm playing on 'very hard' so I don't know what that changes (damage output, higher hp, etc. ), but I would've been slaughtered 10 times over had it been a multi enemy fight.

@splat That's pretty cool!

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

BAMozzy

Quite an interesting look at Horizon from a technological breakdown of the game/engine etc and what this has achieved.

kyleforrester87

Interesting video. The weather can be pretty awesome but the rapid shifting between sunshine/rain/day and night is just weird. A friend had a go on it the other day and the first thing he said was "Why is it day time so quickly?". Plus some of the lighting is entirely unnatural (extreme reds) that carry on into buildings with you when you go indoors at certain times of the day.

That said these are about the only criticisms I have of the game :/

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

finalstan

@kyleforrester87 I get some of that, however the area is surrounded by mountains and, if you've ever been to a region with mountains, you know what as soon as the sun sets behind them it gets dark very quickly. It's obviously amplified here by the quick passage of time, but without that in the game I think things would be pretty realistic.

finalstan

PSN: Ezofil

starhops

@Splat Oooo! I love the shirt! That design is the best I've seen so far. Where is that being sold? I was trying to find it.

starhops

PSN: starhops

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.