Forums

Topic: FINALISTS ANNOUNCED! - The Official 2023 Screenshot of the Year Competition!

Posts 101 to 120 of 121

Ralizah

I'm definitely sensing a pattern in these votes so far lol

Thank you to everyone participating so far.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah

Bumpity bump bump

Less than a week left for voting, peeps

TemporalSword

Having a hard time deciding, too. A lot of good entries, but here goes:

5 points - Mapping the Stars. I work in the space industry and am a sucker for a good night sky shot, especially with the Aurora Borealis in there. Combine that with a cool action shot, well-timed and framed just right, and I'm sold.

3 points - BD's Got Your Back. Excellent use of light/dark/shadows and focus to draw the viewer in.

1 point - Mothercrystal. Haven't played a FF in a while so I have no idea what I'm looking at, but the mood it evokes is powerful. Well done.

And big thanks to @Ralizah @HallowMoonshadow @AgentCooper (and anyone else I missed) for organizing and running this contest. I really love the photomode available in so many games these days and I appreciate the opportunity for people to share their creativity and awesome shots. Thanks!

TemporalSword

Ralizah

Friendly reminders we have roughly two days of voting left.

@TemporalSword Yup. Thank you. Didn't want us to go a year without one of these!

mookysam

Didn't get a tag, though think I'm in time.

5 points - "The Mothercrystal" by Monstermash40 (I love the contrasting silhouettes in this)
3 points - "Arasaka Samurai" by TemporalSword
1 point - "Sand under my feet" by Tomato_Goose

Well done to all finalists, choosing was hard!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

HallowMoonshadow

We're allowed to vote right @Ralizah?

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

HallowMoonshadow

1. 5 Points "Rip and Tear" by nessisonett

2. 3 Points "Finger Painting with Geralt" By Ravix

3. 1 Point "BD's Got Your Back" By Thrillho

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

And that's a wrap! No more voting will be allowed.

The result will be announced sometime tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who participated.

Ralizah

Alright, here are the results from the voting.

"Guardian of the City" by @Tomato_Goose with 1 point
Untitled

"Rip and Tear" by @nessisonett with 5 points
Untitled

"Mapping the Stars" by @Jimmer-jammer with 7 points
Untitled

"BD's Got Your Back" by @Thrillho with 7 points, putting it in a tie with the last entry
Untitled

"Sand under my feet" by @Tomato_Goose with 8 points
Untitled

"Finger Painting with Geralt" by @Ravix with 12 points
Untitled

"Night Flight" by @evildave333 with 15 points
Untitled

"The Mothercrystal" by Monstermash40 with 26 points
Untitled

And finally, the first place winner, "Arasaka Samurai" by @TemporalSword with an enormous 36 points
Untitled

Thank you to everyone who submitted pieces for consideration, as well as to my helpful judges @HallowMoonshadow and @AgentCooper ! Not every picture made the cut, but, frankly, you're all surprisingly talented. I didn't see a single bad snap in this thread.

Kidfried

Wow. Brilliant screenshots! Congrats to all winners (and participants).

Kidfried

Thrillho

Thanks for organising @Ralizah, thanks to the other judges, and to all who entered and voted, and then congrats to @TemporalSword too!

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

Th3solution

Very nice! Some great shots, for sure. And extra congrats to the winner @TemporalSword

β€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

TemporalSword

Don't know what to say. There were so many good shots, I'm honored, and really, any one of them deserves to win. I'm just glad there's a space to share these and I'm eager to see what we all come up with this year. To 2024!

TemporalSword

Ravix

Congratulations @TemporalSword 😁

Thank you to @Ralizah for keeping the thread going with @HallowMoonshadow and @AgentCooper too, it was fun to join in this year πŸ˜„

Early in the year, because of the prospect of this thread, I was pushed to explore TW3's photomode in quite an in depth way to make sure I had some shots to take part 😁 and that led to countless hours of fun experimenting and pushing the game in different ways to create unique images without the use of mods. It really was one of my favourite gaming moments of the year.

Thanks to all photomoders and screenshot-ers, it was fun looking through what you got as well, and a challenge to pick just 3 favourites.

I hope people continue to post on the Mega Screenshots thread in the "retro and other gaming" section, so we can keep up with what you are up to throughout the year too 😁

Edited on by Ravix

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
βš”οΈπŸ›‘πŸŽ

HallowMoonshadow

Well thank you @Ravix and congrats on scoring the highest in the Action category that I was judging!

Congratulations to everyone who took part of course! It was a lot of fun as it always has been the past 3 years being part of the judging pannel... First time I didn't submit something for the competition itself though (Even if they weren't particularly good).

There were a LOT of good pictures in the action category though and I'll say it again, I had a really hard time choosing just 3 and honestly wished I could've put everyone through they were that good!

RogerRoger

Huge congratulations to @TemporalSword for a well-deserved victory (which is saying something, given the high calibre of all the finalists) and big thanks to @Ralizah @HallowMoonshadow and @AgentCooper for stepping up and keeping the contest alive. Stunning work all around, on both fronts!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

Appreciate everyone who participated in any way!

It was a learning experience for me. If I do another one of these at some point in the future, I'll have a better idea of how to go about organizing it smoothly.

You're all much better photographers than l'll ever be.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic