Forums

Topic: FINALISTS ANNOUNCED! - The Official 2023 Screenshot of the Year Competition!

Posts 81 to 100 of 121

Science

(n to think his username is science) ahahah thank you so much @Ralizah !! Happy New Year

And love and positive vibes to such a beautiful supportive community. Bless

Edited on by Science

Science

Throb

"Winners will be announced on January 1st, 2024", who won? Is there another thread for this?

Can't think of anything good to put here just yet, watch this space...

PSN: Headthrob

HallowMoonshadow

Last I heard from Ral we were waiting on Coopers choices with the voting stage going to start yesterday @Throb @evildave333

@Ralizah was probably just a little busy... It was new years after all!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

Sorry for the delay, folks! That was my bad. The judges have been amazing and on time with everything. I was trying to be cute and post near it up at the end of the night and then fell asleep.

Anyway, here are the finalists...

ACTION

"Sand under my feet"
Marvel's Spider-Man 2
Submitted by Tomato_Goose
Untitled

-

"Mapping the Stars"
Horizon Forbidden West
Submitted by Jimmer-jammer
Untitled

-

"Finger Painting with Geralt"
The Witcher 3
Submitted by Ravix
Untitled

-

CHARACTER

"Guardian of the City"
Marvel's Spider-Man 2
Submitted by Tomato_Goose
Untitled

-

"BD's Got Your Back"
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
Submitted by Thrillho
Untitled

-

"Arasaka Samurai"
Cyberpunk 2077
Submitted by TemporalSword
Untitled

-

LANDSCAPE

"Night Flight"
Assassin's Creed: Valhalla
Submitted by evildave333
Untitled

-

"The Mothercrystal"
Final Fantasy XVI
Submitted by Monstermash40
Untitled

-

"Rip and Tear"
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Submitted by nessisonett
Untitled

-

BONUS

"A Cat Considers"
Stray
Submitted by Th3solution
Untitled

-

Those are our finalists! Thank you to everyone who submitted!

Voting goes live now!

You may assign 1, 3, or 5 points to any three of our finalists. Voting ends January 16, 2024.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah
BearsEatBeets

Arasaka Samurai - 5points
The Mothercrystal - 3points
Finger Painting with Geralt - 1point

Good stuff everyone

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Ralizah

Some early favorites so far!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

A big thank you to everyone who submitted pictures this year.

I just wanna say as the judge of the Action category that it was incredibly difficult whittling them down to just 3 entries.

Honestly every single picture in the category was in my top 3 list at some point. They were THAT good.

So to all our new entrants this year as Ralizah said above, voting is now open for our finalists.

Look above to post #88 for the finalists and chose your top 3, assigning 5 points to your favourite, 3 points to your second favourite and 1 point to your third favourite.

Voting ends January 16, 2024.

@TemporalSword, @Monstermash40, @Science, @Matter, @The_Flapjack, @Ravix, @Judal27, @anon_pel222, @RedAngel_Dragnet

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

TemporalSword

@evildave333 Thanks! It was a complicated shot to setup and wasn't sure I could pull it off, but definitely pleased with how it turned out.

TemporalSword

Judal27

Thanks for the tag! Also nooooooo I didn't make it in

Night Flight: 5 pts - looks like a title drop is about to happen

Arasaka Samurai: 3 pts - that ray of light absolutely makes this gorgeous

Finger Painting with Geralt: 1 pt - the timing, positioning and luck to get his hand on the board and with a finger bent even lol

Judal27

Gremio108

Night Flight - 5 points
Arasaka Samurai - 3 points
Sand Under My Feet - 1 point

Well done all, one of the strongest groups of finalists I can remember. Thanks to the judges, as ever.

Edited on by Gremio108

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Jimmer-jammer

Night Flight - 5 pts.
Arasaka Samurai - 3pts.
Guardian of the City - 1pt.

Turned out to be a great year! Huge thanks to everyone involved!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

AdamNovice

Arasaka Samurai 5pts

Finger Painting with Geralt 3pts

Mapping the Stars 1pt

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Th3solution

Nicely done, all. Some beautiful shots there and tough to pick just three. I’ll go with:

The Mothercrystal - 5 pts. I just love this shot with its textures and the mirroring of the Crystal with the city silhouette. I was raving about the art design of FF16 and this picture captures some of the great work that Square-Enix’s artists accomplished

BD’s Got Your Back - 3 pts. If I hadn’t played this game I’d have thought this picture was from a Sci-Fi horror game. It looks like BD-1 is stalking from the darkness and ready to slice Cal’s throat. 😂 It’s a really interesting use of perspective and focus.

Arasaka Samurai - 1 pt. A well-framed and positioned shot with nice use of lighting. It gives an ominous and stealthy vibe and you can just feel the attack coming from the shadows.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

Some fab entries and I always find the judging interesting as most years the shot I think is the best of my submissions doesn't get shortlisted.

5 points - The Mothercastle
3 points - Finger Painting with Geralt
1 point - Mapping the Stars

Thrillho

RogerRoger

Those are some excellent finalists! Blimey, I can only imagine how tough the judging must've been this year, so huge thanks to @Ralizah @HallowMoonshadow and @AgentCooper for doing all the hard work!

5 Points: "Sand Under My Feet"
3 Points: "Arasaka Samurai"
1 Point: "The Mothercrystal"

Gosh darn it, I'd give 'em all maximum points if I could, though! Best of luck, everybody!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Ravix

Thanks, all. And to @Ralizah @HallowMoonshadow and @AgentCooper.

I will definitely get my votes in before the deadline, but I'm going back and forth like a little silly b**** depending on my mood at the time, mostly thinking "that's the 5, no thats the 5, so maybe that's the 3, but wait that other one is really good too" which is a credit to everyone's entries 😃

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
⚔️🛡🐎

ApostateMage

Great shots here.

Arasaka Samurai - 5pts
I know I'm a sucker for anything Cyberpunk 2077 but this is genuinely a great pic.

The Mothercrystal - 3 pts
Such a great shot for (what I thought was) a disappointing game.

Finger Painting with Geralt - 1pt
Great creativity on this one.

Good luck finalists!

ApostateMage

Gremio108

@Ravix Haha, I did exactly the same thing. So tricky to pick just three

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Ravix

5. Arasaka Samurai
3. The Mothercrystal
1. Sand Under My Feet

Don't make me have to explain why I like each, or I'll start changing my mind again and start swapping before I post the comment - points for all 😂

I'll get involved in some chat about each of the entries after the competition has ended though 🎉

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
⚔️🛡🐎

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic