Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site.

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,116

KidRyan

@get2sammyb Thanks for considering it, here's hoping PMs are added eventually.

@Tasuki While that's very true, I think it's still be nice to have PMs. There's sometimes even normal stuff I want to chat about with someone, and wouldn't want anyone else to be able to see.

Btw, I sent you a PM on PSN like a week ago I think, do you not use their message function much? Or can you not see PS3 messages?

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Tasuki

@ToddlerNaruto: Again I hope it's a feature never added. As I said while the idea and theory of a PM system is nice but honestly the bad outweighs the good. Also as I said there are other ways to contact people as you pointed out through PSN for example.

And yes I got your message but the past few weeks I have been really, really, busy with family the past few weeks.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

TOUGHDUDE94

Great idea 1:What about a upvote system on comments and forum posts.
Idea 2o not use discus or live fire those are horrible on ign
Idea 3.a forum about very off topic stuff
Idea 4.a pm system
Idea 5.a acivement system or something like that
Idea 6.and need a universal comment system with nintendo life and a universal forum for both and accessible between both sites

TOUGHDUDE94

PSN: TOUGHDUDE94

Tasuki

iDangerMouse_ wrote:

Is there anyway for you guys behind the scenes of PushSquare to actually delete old threads? Say for example if a thread gets locked or isn't touched for 6 months you could just delete them? You do go on about keeping the forums clutter free and I think that would be a good way to keep things more organised and tidy. (Just a suggestion)

Yes there is. Honestly though if a thread gets locked I like to keep them around for a bit anyway so the person knows why it was locked so that way they don't repeat the same mistake also to make sure they see a warning if I post one.

I can also archive threads too which moves them to a seperate section. So that way they don't clutter the boards.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@andrew20: Not sure what you mean by live fire so I can't say anything about that can you clearify. As for the off topic section we have the general discussion section so again not sure what you mean by off topic. Just when going off topic please stay with in the rules.

My Backlog

TOUGHDUDE94

@Tasuki: live fire is what ign now uses and it is terrible and keeps jumping and can not go over three words
Also like a off topic froum when It is on topic to be off topic.

TOUGHDUDE94

KidRyan

@Tasuki I really dislike those spammers then...could we at least have a public visitor comments wall then, somewhere on our profiles? Either that or a chatbox of sorts maybe?

No worries, I wasn't complaining or rushing, just curious.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

LieutenantFatman

I think the reviews on this site are first class, and most of the time they seem to be spot on. Lots of good information as well, I always like to see what your impressions are of upcoming games. This has become one of my top go to sites in recent months.
On the not so good side, I'm concerned about the mess that happened the other day with the hate speech, I thought that could have been handled better. The way I perceived it, it seemed to be a roll eyes, shake of the head and a wag of the finger for the person making the comment and everyone challenging it threatened with bans. Maybe it wasn't intended that way, but that's how it came across. I appreciate you don't want discussions derailed, or a big fight, I totally get that. But I thought you guys should know I'm not comfortable with the way it was dealt with. Not looking to start an argument, but I'd feel better if I knew the team took this sort of thing seriously. A bit of reassurance would be appreciated.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum to bring this up but I couldn't see anywhere more suitable. Thanks.

Lt. Fatman

LieutenantFatman

ShogunRok

@LieutenantFatman In regards to that particular happening, the user in question was banned. The general consensus was that, yes, it was a very stupid thing to type, but it wasn't used in a direct, abusive way. Having said that, it's obviously still something that we don't want to see, no matter how 'serious' the comment was, and especially since it spiralled the rest of the comments section out of control.

The reason post deletions and bans were cautioned was to stop any further chaos while we adjusted to the situation. Regrettably, myself and Push Square's other main moderators weren't around when the situation initially erupted. so it took time for us to figure out exactly what had happened. We have to be careful and thorough with happenings like this because users can edit their own posts that they're not happy with, and that can potentially alter the perception of the situation for staff like us.

With that in mind, we're certainly not making excuses for our relatively slow action, but we feel that we dealt with the situation as well as we could have with our initial, limited knowledge of the situation. It's great that users are so passionate about the site being enjoyable for everyone, and we'll obviously continue to work towards this as well.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

LieutenantFatman

Thanks @ShogunRok, I appreciate your reply. I understand it's a tough situation to be in when these things happen and it's a challenge to make quick decisions. If I see any problems in future I will be quicker to use the report button to bring it to your attention.

LieutenantFatman

Tasuki

@LieutenantFatman: I will admit that I am usually on top of those things but that day I had a day to myself (which I really haven't had in a few weeks due to some family stuff that's been going on) so I decided to catch up on some games and that's when that all happened. I will say that the initial person was delt with however we can not go into that here. As for people getting threatened with bans and posts getting deleted for those who challenge it, it still disrupts the thread, and we were trying to stop all that nonsense. That was not the place to challenge that.

If something like that occurs again it's better to just report and move on. The problem with challenging what the other person said even though it was wrong, is well then they fire back, then you fire back especially with that subject at hand and before you know it all there is is arguing going back and forth and the comments have nothing to do with the article at hand. It's one of the reason I frown on the discussion of politics and relegion here. It's one of those topics that there is no right and wrong and quite honestly has no place being discussed on a video game site.

I hope that cleared things up.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

TOUGHDUDE94

@Tasuki:So that why you have not been around.I rarely report now I think it will come up to them in the very end of time.

TOUGHDUDE94

LieutenantFatman

I can understand wanting to avoid discussing religion and politics, people can get upset very quickly when it comes to those subjects. I think you will find it difficult to completely avoid the subjects of discrimination though, games are maturing and we are getting a few big games now where major characters are either gay, bisexual, etc, Bioware games in particular, as well as The Last of Us. And racism is being tackled in some forms as well as well. Dragon Age, The Witcher and Mass Effect spring to mind. I think it's great that some games are moving in this direction and aren't afraid to be more inclusive, but not everyone will agree unfortunately.

LieutenantFatman

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic