Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site.

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,116

kyleforrester87

I read Destructoid from time to time and they seem to have a pretty much "anything goes" attitude to comments on their articles, yet somehow it works for them and people are oddly abusive yet respectful. Take a look sometime, it's...odd.

The user who got banned surprised me because he's been very vocal against swearing in the past so to see him using that word to describe something was odd. Can't say it really offended me, since it's a bit contradictory to laugh away at the likes of Family Guy and South Park if you're going to get bent out of shape over something like that, but I can see why it didn't sit well with others.

Oh well, onwards!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

TOUGHDUDE94

I do not want this to end up like Miiverse or complete chaos their needs to be a middle ground.

TOUGHDUDE94

PSN: TOUGHDUDE94

LieutenantFatman

Well, I've said my bit, I appreciate you guys taking the time to reply. I know to most it might small and insignificant but you've reassured me by clarifying your actions, thank you. Hopefully this has nipped it in the bud so to speak and that's that. Cheers.

LieutenantFatman

TOUGHDUDE94

@kyleforrester87: IGN I still wonder why I am on there.They are really gone down hill since the good ones left.I may stop support soon on IGN.I like it when you can talk with the mods or admins what ever they prefer. This is more peaceful and more friendly.

TOUGHDUDE94

Tasuki

get2sammyb wrote:

For the record, the ban being discussed was only temporary because he's always been a great poster in the past and will continue to be in the future. I'm confident it was just a hiccup on his part.

I believe it was a hiccup too but as someone said he's always reporting on swearing and that he obviously knew the rules so to do what he did was just unexcusable but I digress let's move on.

@get2sammyb When are you going to include that sexy mod Tasuki to the what are you playing articles? I would love to hear what he has lined up for the weekend along with the rest of the staff.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

kyleforrester87 wrote:

@Tasuki: @get2sammyb

I'll help you out with Tasuki's weekly playlist:

PS4: Diablo 3
Some older console: Some old sports game

Boom

Lol Wow didn't realize I was so predictable. Lol Actually you will be a little off this weekend, but you will have to wait for the article.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

TheRam

Hey, I hope that everything's already been clarified, but I just thought I'd chime in about the incident, saying as how I initially got involved in it. @ShogunRok's said it all, really - it's best to prevent things from escalating, and particularly subjective, touchy topics like this one can blow up reaaally quickly. I'm not a full-blown moderator myself, but I can issue warnings, so that's what I did. Since I personally didn't find the comment all that bad, I thought that I'd let the higher-ups decide anything beyond that point, and felt as though I'd need to handle the situation until they could - hence the back-and-forth with a certain, stubborn user.

That's about it, anyway. Thanks for understanding - I realise that it can be hard to percieve the subtext of things when we're having to put on a stern face and act the judge.

Edited on by TheRam

TheRam

LieutenantFatman

@TheMightyPunram: Thanks. I know it's a difficult job finding the right balance and making that decision in a timely fashion, especially when you have limited options. My concern is any type of discriminatory language is potentially very harmful and is likely to making people feel isolated and I was worried that it had mostly been ignored. Thus I felt the need to question that. I'm impressed you've all taken the time to clarify your actions. Thanks for the response.

LieutenantFatman

TOUGHDUDE94

I love retro games it is amazing that what they could do with the technology at the time.

TOUGHDUDE94

TheRam

Hey, everyone. Just thought I'd blow the dust off this old thread, as I've got a small idea for the (new) forums that I think could be implemented fairly easily. Forgive me if this has already been brought up before.

As you might know, some forums tend to have a 'like' button under posts, similar to the one on Facebook. While it's not a massively important feature, I feel like it does help the community to show appreciation for each other without the need to voice it outright, which a lot of people wouldn't do otherwise. Thoughts?

TheRam

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic