PlayStation 4 owners who can’t find PS5 stock shouldn’t feel left out today: there’s a new PS4 firmware update available as well. Weighing in at 490.2MB, this isn’t your usual stability fix either – it’s a full-blown update for the last-gen console which adds in a handful of new features, including the ability to view your PS5 games and Trophies on the older appliance.
We’ve included the full patch notes for PS4 firmware update 9.00 below:
PS4 Firmware Update 9.00 Patch Notes
Main features in the system software update:
- You can now view trophies for PS5 games on PS4 consoles.
- In Trophies, you can now view PS5 trophies in your trophy list. You can also view PS5 trophies in the trophy list on the profile screen under the [Games] tab.
- In Messages, we've updated the following:
- If you're the owner of a group, you can now delete it. To delete a group, open the options menu, and then select [Delete Group]. If you delete a group, it will be deleted for all members. Now when you block someone, you can choose to also leave the group that only you and they are in at the same time. You won't leave groups that include other players.
Other updated features:
- On an Android or iOS/iPadOS device, you can now use the PS Remote Play app to access your PS4 via mobile data. We've made the following improvements to parental controls:
- Now when a child requests to use communication features for a game, their parent or guardian will receive a notification on the PS4 and PlayStation App. The child will also receive a notification when their parent or guardian accepts, denies, or stops allowing the child to use communication features for a game.
- You can now select whether you'd like to receive notifications on your PS4 or through email about new products and special offers. To do so, go to [Settings] > [Account Management] > [Account Information] > [Communication Preferences].
Unfortunately, some users do appear to be experiencing issues with the system software, and you can read more about that through here. This is a mandatory update so, unfortunately, you are going to have to install it if you want to take your system online. Hopefully the Japanese giant will be able to issue a quick fix for any issues.