If you already own a PlayStation 4 copy of Death Stranding, it will cost you $10 to upgrade to the PS5 version of Death Stranding Director's Cut. Confirmed on the PlayStation Blog, it's a much simpler process than what Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut is doing. Here's the official wording: "If you already own the PS4 version of Death Stranding, you can get the PS5 Death Stranding Director’s Cut Digital Deluxe Edition Upgrade for only [$10]." This includes both physical and digital copies of the PS4 version.
If you want to buy Death Stranding Director's Cut on its own, it'll cost you £44.99/$49.99. The PlayStation Blog also shares all of the PS5 enhancements you can expect:
- Experience environment effects with the DualSense wireless controller’s haptic feedback.
- Get closer to the world of Death Stranding with bespoke adaptive trigger resistance.
- Hear sound effects come to life in 3D Audio (requires compatible headphones).
- Get into the action quickly with the PS5 console’s ultra-fast SSD and near-instant load times.
- Choose from two picture modes – Performance Mode with upscaled 4K and up to 60FPS or Fidelity Mode in native 4K – both with ultra-wide and HDR support
That's alongside the new story missions, mini-games, and other pieces of bonus content. Seems like a pretty fair cost considering what you're getting, right? Let us know if you'll upgrade in the comments below.