Forums

Topic: What (Non-PS4) game are you playing??

Posts 621 to 640 of 1,990

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Going back to the Arkham games nowadays can certainly feel cumbersome, I'm totally with you there. I think Arkham City is the worst offender for this, too; because the game expects you to be gliding and grappling about, any walking, running or platforming feels slightly off-kilter. I think this is where marathoning the series helps, as the more you play, the more you'll get used to Batman's bulk (...yeah, that sounds wrong, but you know what I mean).

But wait, you've never heard Mark Hamill's Joker before? Have you not played Arkham Asylum, then? Oh, you're missing out, he's absolutely superb! You'll enjoy that, at least!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@nessisonett I am really but tentatively looking forward to Tony hawk 1 and 2. I really hope it's going to be good. Pro skater 2 and 4 were my favourite games in the series. Not sure whether I want it on Xbox or PS4, I'd like the one X enhancements if there are any but I'd prefer to play it on a dualshock 4! Mind you I did play Pro skater 4 on GameCube and I remember that being fine

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy contrary to popular opinion, I find the batman games to not be that good really, I played asylum when it came out and became disinterested in it after a while. I started a play through of the games in chronological order last year too just because I felt like I should play them, I got through origins and blackgate but have yet to start asylum! Probably will though at some point.

I love spider man as well, the games are kind of similar, I understand the comparison but spider man is just a lot better and a lot more fun.

In the spirit of this thread. I've just more or less finished MGS peace walker on the PS3 HD collection. When I started playing it my original save file was at 60 hours and I thought that no way am I going to play it for that long this time....the new save file I made is at like 95 hours now -_- lol

See ya!

ApostateMage

I'm buzzing. I've played Mass Effect about a dozen times and I've just had a scene that I've never seen before - the love triangle confrontation between Kaiden, Liara and Shep. I asked for a threesome but Kaiden spat his dummy and stormed off in a jelly huff. He's well getting nuke guard duty on Virmire for that.

Edited on by ApostateMage

ApostateMage

HallowMoonshadow

@RogerRoger I've heard a lot about Mark Hamil and his performance for the 90's cartoon as well as the Arkham games (... And he's in an animated film or two I think?) but I hadn't heard any of it til yesterday.

Well... I did try a demo for Arkham Asylum the once ages back (It probably had some Joker dialogue in but I really don't recall) but I ended up giving up on that too... Pretty sure it was because I was rather bored with the combat.

Again I really don't know why the core combat mechanics seemed fine to me in Spidey but I didn't really like it in Batman or Shadow of Mordor/War.

... Also penguin being cockney(Well I think he was supposed to be) was weird when you've only heard devito in the role 😂

I'm pretty sure my save file was something in the 60-70's too @ralphdibny for Peace Walker so I'm not terribly surprised to hear you've reached 90 I assume trying to do everything!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

ralphdibny

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy yep, I've got and listened to all the tapes, I started s ranking missions but don't think I can be bothered to carry on. The game is addictive but fighting tanks and helicopters became very boring in the last 30 or so hours

See ya!

Thrillho

@nessisonett I completed THPS2 to 100% with every character back in the day. Getting all the cash off the top wires in the bull ring was always the biggest pain.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho Yeah, I don’t think I could put myself through that! I loved that 4 had a different final mission for every skater, it meant that you actually had to use them all and gave them a bit of personality. It’s incredible how solid the series actually was until about Underground 2.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ralphdibny

@nessisonett I thought underground 2 remix is a lot better than underground 2 because of the addition of a classic mode but I still prefer the purity of the first 4 games

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny THUGPro on PC is excellent, it’s a mod for THUG2 that adds basically every level from the series along with online multiplayer. It even has levels from the Toy Story skating game!

ralphdibny

@nessisonett I found out about that last night when I was reading up on the games in general. I'd like to try it but I understand that it is multiplayer only? Does it not recreate the different goals of each level as well for single player?

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Nah, there aren’t any goals but there’s free skate and multiplayer. It’s more impressive because they’ve recreated every Neversoft level but I do admit that having goals would definitely make it better.

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy The best part is when you realise Cockney Penguin is Nathan Drake.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@nessisonett it's definitely worth me checking out at some point I think

@RogerRoger oh yeah I sort of half knew about that, Nolan North played rocket raccoon in a guardians of the galaxy cartoon with a cockney accent too, or maybe it was like an avengers cartoon with a guest appearance possibly before Bradley cooper owned the role in the films. Though I'm pretty sure when he reprised rocket in other media like possibly the gotg telltale game, he made rocket sound alot more like Bradley Cooper's interpretation

Sorry a lot of ifs, maybes and possiblys in that statement, I wrote from memory so I can't confirm anything I have said!

See ya!

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger yep just checked and cockney rocket was actually voiced by somebody else, Nolan North doesn't appear to have voiced him until the telltale game, please disregard my previous post

See ya!

HallowMoonshadow

After writing about it in the forum quiz... I ended up turning on my trusty PS2, sucesssfully finding and playing some Pandemonium!

The PS1 disc works flawlessly despite it being fairly scratched (It is over 24 years old... Goodness I feel old 😧) The opening CG cutscene starts on a shatner toupe joke too... You can certainly tell it's the 90's!

As you might expect it isn't very long (Maybe 2 minutes and I think there's only one other CG at the very end) but sets up the premise fairly nicely of a spell gone wrong and heading on an adventure to save the town.

It's a 2.5D platformer if you weren't aware of what it actually was and it's main gimmick is that you can switch characters in the overworld to decide whom you want to go through the level as.

Fargus the Jester having a cartwheel attack whilst Nikki the acrobat can double jump (... Who care about the laws of physics? )

You can get powerups throughout the levels as well like fireballs, freeze rays (I think there's even a shrink ray powerup later on) that you can use indefinitely (Til you get damaged in some way or die).

Without a powerup poor Nikki can only stomp on an enemy head to defeat them... So there is a somewhat decent choice aspect between the two characters (Though they could be differentiated a bit more)

...I've found it quite difficult though 😅

You only get one free hit on Nikki or Fargus before they pop thier clogs (Unless you find a heart in the level) to start off with.

I did fairly well to start with but level three ended up kicking my ass back to the title screen thanks to a crystal spewing fireballs and a bunch of spikes.

It has a password system only with no memory card functionality. Bit annoying. But there are cheat passwords though.

Maybe I'll bump myself up with some extra hearts if I can't get past level 3 legit...

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny I think your posts just speak to how malleable North's voice can be, as he frequently shows up in the credits of games during which I haven't recognised him at all (or, vice versa, I'll swear I've heard him and then some other name pops up instead).

If you play as a male Ryder in Mass Effect: Andromeda, you'll swear it's Nolan North, but it isn't.

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger yeah he is really good, I'd love to get into voice acting somehow, it seems like a really fun gig and I'm always doing different voices to entertain people though my girlfriend has gotten a bit wound up at me saying "pupa scooper" in a Geordie accent every time we fight the the pupa AI in mgs peace walker lol

See ya!

LieutenantFatman

Started playing The Swapper on my Vita today. I was recommended to use headphones while playing so I am doing that, pretty good fun so far.

It's all about the puzzles but there's a curious narrative going on in the background which is always fun to see. I always enjoy it when games put the extra effort in for some cool world building.

LieutenantFatman

nessisonett

@KratosMD If you think the knock back is annoying, you clearly haven’t played Classicvania! At least in this game there aren’t instant death pits at every opportunity and only a few lives. I dunno about it being sluggish though, Alucard’s animations are really smooth for pixel art and your traversal’s obviously going to be limited until you get more upgrades. I think SotN and SCIV are the smoothest the series has ever played to be honest.

nessisonett

@KratosMD Please let me know if you find a use for his weird back dash thing, I found it utterly useless except for moving across the room quickly.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic