Forums

Topic: What (Non-PS4) game are you playing??

Posts 641 to 660 of 1,994

Genrou

@nessisonett Pretty much that and maybe using it to avoid certain attacks.

Genrou

nessisonett

@KratosMD Ooh, I’ve been really interested in Layers of Fear so good to hear you’re enjoying it! Playing in the dark with headphones is the sort of thing I wish I could do but I’m a wuss 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Genrou

@KratosMD Yeah but the RPG element can make it a bit easy. If there is a particular boss that you can't get past, all you have to do is go grind out some levels even to the point where you are much stronger then the boss.

Genrou

nessisonett

@Genrou It’s not too bad in SotN compared to Circle of the Moon. Loved that game but oh lord, you need to grind. It’s 100% required to get to a certain level otherwise you’ll just get destroyed time and time again. RPG elements can both make or break a game, especially with games like Metroidvanias.

nessisonett

@KratosMD The majority of the castle, you say? Just wait, all will become clear soon 😉

nessisonett

@KratosMD I was in two minds about saying anything, I really didn’t want to spoil the game but I also wouldn’t want you to be unmotivated!

HallowMoonshadow

I'm playing Oddworld Abe's Oddysee and having a pretty good time with it once again.

Just managed to get Abe out of Rupture farms and so far I've saved 23 fellow workers out of a possible 28 (I may've accidently blown up one of the workers ) which is pretty good. Some of those secret areas are really tough! (Especially the one with the Scrab chase outside of rupture farms)

I've always really liked and been drawn to the character designs in the Oddworld series in particular.

The Redacted cus it's an answer for Gremio's quiz, The Sligs, Scrabs, Paramites but I quite like the Glukkons in particular if only because that's how I childishly imagine what every bigwig in a giant corporation really looks like...

Untitled

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Both the Abe PS1 games had pretty tricky secret mudokon areas on the first which I always thought was a tad harsh.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy The farting trophy in the PS4 version made me chuckle!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Blimey, you didn't waste any time after Thursday's livestream, did you?! Glad you're enjoying the revisit; hope it helps get you well and truly hyped.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Since I already had dug out my PS1 games to play the Tony Hawk games, I decided to attempt the original Tekken since I just had memories of getting murdered over and over. It’s still impossible, I just get ruined by the AI every single time. Oh well, I booted up Myst instead and that’s... slow. Very very slow.

HallowMoonshadow

I think my head would explode if I actually tried going for saving all 99/300 workers @Thrillho... Or at the very least I'd need a new PS3 controller

Haven't actually played New 'n' Tasty @Johnnyshoulder... I should really get on buying that sometime soon!

No I really didn't @RogerRoger

It helps I wasn't actually playing anything.

Wasn't quite feeling anything after The Last Of Us and kept putting things down. Plus actually beating Exoddus will help me appreciate Soulstorm (The remake of Exoddus) all the more!

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I just used to get really miffed playing the original at the time as to why there were so many mudokens I hadn't saved when escaping Rapture Farm. It never occurred to me at the time that there would be hidden ones..

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

The fact there's a secret on the very first screen @Thrillho is so cheeky. There's no audio clue of a sleeping slig in the background that's present in most of the other rooms with secrets in and no visual clue either...

Plus the checkpointing is not great either... I've had to re-do the secrets a number of times because of messing up on the main route and it never progressed far enough to checkpoint me.

At least I get the quicksave feature in the second!

I got to the Mudokon temple yesterday In Oddysee and ended up going to Paramonia. The difficulty is starting to creep in now, especially with those damn bats in the escape from the stockyard and slogs being introduced 😥

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy The quicksave is a god send in the second game. I think New ‘n’ Tasty has the feature from the start thankfully.

And those bats are the worst! You’ve got me keen to play the game again now though; maybe it will be my stopgap between TLOU and TLOU2..

Thrillho

nessisonett

I’ve been playing Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 on PS2 which is pretty good, bizarrely I just never got round to that one despite it being considered one of the best alongside THUG and THPS2. Reverts are a great addition and the areas feel a lot more alive. You can tell they’ve reached their limits with the 2 minute system though, later games could only expand maps by allowing you to skate for as long as you want.

HallowMoonshadow

I got to the Paramite temple on Paramonia last night in Abe's Oddysee to get the first hand scar.

... That did not go well.

I must've been at it for three hours despite my save only saying a little over an hour (The time function is weird and starts back from zero again when you load up a file on the PS1)

Worst thing was though I encountered a bug!

I somehow managed to pick up two pieces of meat to distract the Paramites (Which was really handy at first!) But then I died just as I was going to get the scar.

... And when I restarted I couldn't pick up anything at all and couldn't progress any further... So now I have to load it back up halfway through the temple!

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Ouch. I really hate the paramites. Give me scrab any day!

I was reading about New ‘n’ Tasty again the other day and it seemed to suggest that hard mode on that was equivalent to playing the original game. I mean, it isn’t an easy game so I’m not surprised really.

And I hadn’t realised they’d increased the mudokon number so much. No way I’d get all the trophies on the remake!

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

Thrillho wrote:

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Ouch. I really hate the paramites. Give me scrab any day!

Agreed! Least I know how to do the last two puzzles in the temple now so it should only take me twenty minutes or so.

... As long as those Paramites don't play up on me. I'm sure the AI on them were buggering up a little too 😥

and yeah I heard that there's now 300 mudokons in the new 'n' tasty version too. I've already let about ten or so die in the original and have no hope of ever getting them all.

I can only imagine the horror of them being tied to various trophies @Thrillho!

nessisonett

@KratosMD Have you played Epic Mickey? One of my favourite games on Wii despite the absolute garbage camera and I think the sequel might have been on PS3. Castle of Illusion is solid and I quite enjoyed the sorta sequel on 3DS using the Epic Mickey name.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic