Forums

Topic: What (Non-PS4) game are you playing??

Posts 481 to 500 of 1,982

nessisonett

@KratosMD Ooh, I got that free in a Humble Bundle a while back. I’ll definitely get on it sooner rather than later then.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Anti-Matter

2 hours ago : Dance Dance Revolution MAX 2 & EXTREME PS2 USA

Ah... It's raining outside.

Right now : Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS

Anti-Matter

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Glad you were impressed by Splinter Cell. Yeah, it's a long tutorial and the gameplay can sometimes be equally slow-paced; performing all those cool moves, like the Van Damme splits, can become very deliberate and slightly cumbersome, but it all comes together surprisingly well regardless. You'll easily get in the zone before long. Glad the scratch didn't stop it from working!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

Yesterday I started Persona 4 Dancing All Night on the Vita. It's been in my backlog for years, but buoyed by finally finishing Persona 4 Arena figured I'd take the opportunity to play through the various Persona spin-offs before I start Persona 5 Royal. I generally enjoy rhythm games, adore Persona music (the remixes here are excellent) and reckon there's never a bad excuse to be back with the wonderful Persona 4 cast. Alongside Persona 4 Arena I've realised just how versatile the modern Persona property actually is. Although the core games are exceptional examples of the RPG genre in their own right, their fundamental foundations are actually their great casts, attentive writing and stories that draw the player in. Given how beloved the cast of Persona 4 are it's unsurprising that with this core intact it can work with a variety of genres.

My coordination has been somewhat off since my illness last year, so I'm finding pressing lots of buttons in quick succession trickier than I anticipated. Practice will make perfect (hopefully)!

Edited on by mookysam

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

@mookysam As a fellow rhythm game fan, I love the Persona dancing games, they’re good fun platinums to do as well.

Anti-Matter

Pokepark 2 : Wonders Beyond Wii 😁
Have befriended with Snivy.

Anti-Matter

mookysam

@KratosMD On paper it sounds a bit daft what with dancing to make the shadows happy, but it works! The cast always sound really enthusiastic, which is nice. It's a great fit for the Vita too.

@nessisonett Ooh I may try for the Platinum on this then, depending on how well I can keep up with hard mode. 😂 Will likely start P3 and P5 Dancing after Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

Black Lives Matter

Anti-Matter

Animal Crossing New Leaf Welcome Amiibo 3DS this morning.

Anti-Matter

nessisonett

@mookysam I don’t think the platinum requires too much work on the hardest difficulty thankfully! I’m not too shabby at those sorta rhythm games but some of the hardest difficulty songs are seriously difficult.

Ralizah

@crimsontadpoles Excellent. You're going to love it. A major step up over the original in almost every way.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

I’ve been playing some World of Horror on PC, it’s coming to PS4 once it’s a full release but jeez, even in early access I’m getting a severe sense of dread from it. It’s fantastic but I think I’ve shortened a few years off my life. Definitely a must have for fans of Japanese horror from Tetsuo the Iron Man to Yume Nikki.

mookysam

Yesterday my Switch and Vita both ran out of battery! Finding myself in a bit of a quandary - and not wanting to schlep my arse off the sofa - I looked around, increasingly frantic that I would have to actually >gulp< get up. My gaze eventually settled on my ancient yet trusty 3DS, the abnormally warm Easter sun beaming directly where the system lay atop the coffee table. Taking it as a sign I gingerly pressed the power button to find the thing remarkably still held charge!

So that's how I came to start Box Boy!, a game I obtained a few years ago as a My Nintendo reward. The short puzzles are fun and although the presentation is very basic, Box Boy is rather cute and some of his moves are quite satisfying to perform. I'm roughly halfway through and reckon I'll probably buy the sequels.

Black Lives Matter

Ralizah

@nessisonett You have good taste. Really excited for World of Horror. I have a strict "no early access" policy, so I won't be touching it until the full release (preferably on Switch), but I just love the Junji Ito-esque art design.

nessisonett

@Ralizah You’re probably right to wait on it, there’s clearly lots for them to iron out before the main release but it’s really impressive from what I’ve played. I dunno what it is about small indie devs but there seems to be an adventure RPG renaissance just now and I’m here for it.

Ralizah

I've been playing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door on Nintendo GameCube with my nephew. Surprisingly strong writing in this game (so much personality in all of the dialogue, which conflicts pretty starkly with the sanitized, charmless scripts of more recent Paper Mario games), and the dungeons are actually decently involved affairs with secrets, optional puzzles, backtracking, bosses, etc.

I can see why fans of the series feel so betrayed by recent entries.

Edited on by Ralizah

Thrillho

@Ralizah Super Paper Mario on the Wii remains one of my favourite games that no one else seems to have played. I haven’t played any other games from the series though as that’s the only Nintendo console I ever owned.

Thrillho

Anti-Matter

The Sims 3 PS3 😁
Build my house to start the daily life.

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

@Thrillho At this point, I might revisit the N64 original (which I started and dropped quickly when it seemed sort of dull) and SPM on the Wii afterward.

carlos82

I wanted another Kart game that wasn't Mario based so was looking at either Crash or Sonic, then when looking on the app noticed Sonic All Star Racing Transformed was pretty cheap. A quick download later and why have I never played this before its amazing, whilst also highlighting how lackluster their latest effort really is. Great controls and a brilliant cast of characters and variety in tracks from Sega's rich history

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic