Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 401 to 420 of 3,152

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I only have the D from Diamond Select. If I ever come across the HD TOS at anything approaching a reasonable price I'd grab that too. STO makes them gaming tat!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I sometimes browse around and if I see the original Enterprise listed anywhere for a decent price, I'll come tag you here and let you know.

Yes, I will be taking pictures at some point... unfortunately, I have rather a lot. My other Diamond Selects are the NX-01 re-issue (with the decent paint), the Enterprise-D and the Anti-Time Enterprise D. That accounts for five of my 150 starship models currently on display; the rest are Eaglemoss.

I might wait until I've sorted out some new display space, because I've got a few more incoming, including the Eaglemoss XL Enterprise-A and Enterprise-B.

Then I'll just sit and wait patiently for Diamond Select to FINALLY make a Voyager.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yeah i saw that too, it looks nice and on a different note i also noticed they changed the opening missions a bit too, i recently got a better laptop and decided to give it a go on there and some of the characters in the opening Starfleet missions have been changed now Nog, Quark and Geordi show up to help you in some missions

as for models i have some but i only managed to get about 60 of those Eaglemoss ones because they stopped stocking them in my local shop and for some reason the Eaglemoss site wouldn't accept my payment details so i had to stop

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Oh, have they? That's pretty neat! It's pretty incredible how successful the game's been and how much support and new content there is, especially for free.

EDIT: Probably for the best on the Eaglemoss models; they become addictive. I'm also picky (I don't want anything from the original series, save the Enterprise herself, and anything from any of the races I'm not interested in, like the Jem'Hadar or Ferengi) so didn't subscribe, yet they've kept going and it's become quite expensive. That's why I get them in chunks every six months or so, but inevitably there are then some you have to go hunting for on eBay because Eaglemoss are out of stock, and then it becomes even worse.

Edited on by RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i managed to get many of the ones i wanted, i got all the Enterprises including the Kelvin Timeline version, i got DS9 and the Defiant, i got Voyager and Armoured Voyager and many others including the U.S,S Relativity (i really like that Timeship design) so i'm happy with the ones i have

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Thanks! Here's the link to the full-sized version if you want it: https://postimg.cc/image/yeqga9alb/ (had to crop it slightly to make it under 12Mb otherwise the site I used wouldn't upload it, but it's still many thousands of pixels).

@FullbringIchigo Great selection! I too love the USS Relativity. I've got her and the Timeship Aeon in the front row of my Voyager shelf, and often wear the corresponding uniform in Star Trek Online (where the Aeon is my Small Craft, but I never managed to get a Wells-Class... did you?).

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i got a wells class and the Wells Uniform, i was thinking of making it my main ship

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo @RogerRoger I subscribed to Eaglemoss. Ended my sub around the mid seventies when they started announcing the bigger versions. I got the majority of ships I wanted out of it, but missed the K7 station sadly. I was tempted by the bigger ships, the NX-01 refit (Special Issue from the main run) is a thing of beauty - but everything I've seen of the separate line of larger ships just suggests that they've literally been upscaled and cast from the regular files with no additional detail - so I've left them.

I have the first of the Shuttles packs too. They're nice and come with cool Okudagrams!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON yeah they have started to scrape the bottom of the barrel with those ships now i think

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Just checked on Memory Alpha, I got up to issue 74, just missing the Enterprise E Captain's Yacht.
There are still plenty of them after that that I'd happily buy, Titan, Aventine, the Phase II Concept Enterprise, K7, the XCV-330, and if they ever actually do make the Scimitar I'd get that- but they wont due to the complexity of the model. I'd also happily grab the other two shuttle packs.

Also, while full of many spurious entries, the Batmobiles from Eaglemoss are very good. I got a TAS and a Beyond one for my TV stand. Really nicely produced, and the display cases are really nice too. Wouldn't mind more of those either.

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Very jealous of your Wells-Class starship in Star Trek Online. That and the Krenim Temporal Weapon Ship are the only two I (rarely) see flying around that I really, really want. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with what I've got.

@KALofKRYPTON I'd go for a Scimitar. I'm also waiting for them to release the three main Son'a vessels from Star Trek Insurrection, as well as a Kazon Predator-Class Warship. I'd also take a Spacedock, just because DS9 is nice and all, but it's not technically a Federation starbase. Once they've released those, I'll call my collection pretty much complete (although I'll occasionally treat myself to a random ship I never knew I wanted, like Alice or the Warship Voyager from "Living Witness").

But I do agree with @FullbringIchigo in that some of them, like the concept designs (whoever wanted the original Voyager concept model? And I say that as a huge fan of the show, as you know), are starting to get a bit ridiculous. I'm hoping they don't drive sales down before they've delivered the major missing models.

The XL Starships started out being basic upscales; the Enterprise-D is the worst offender, although it still makes for a gorgeous model (can never have enough Galaxy-Class starships). I think they realised people weren't happy, because the NX-01 and Voyager were suddenly amazing; they added extra detail, weight, etc. and were very much worth the higher price tag. Apparently the Enterprise-A isn't amazing, but everything I've seen of the Enterprise-B is near-perfect, and a review of the Defiant (which I won't be getting; my regular one is enough, ta) showed many areas of increased detail and better overall construction.

I've got all three shuttlecraft sets and you're right, they're awesome. Never found a decent place for the Okudagrams, which is a shame, but I've divided the shuttlecraft themselves to fill the gaps in the appropriate displays, alongside their home starships.

Anyway, screencaps! A couple more of the Excelsior-Class models from Star Trek Online...

Untitled

Untitled

...and Ops is pretty busy nowadays...

Untitled

...whilst elsewhere, Agent 47 settles down to some sniping, in Hitman: Sniper Challenge.

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger tell you what i'll take a picture and post it tomorrow

@KALofKRYPTON i wanted to get the Batman ones but i was unemployed at that time and so my funds were limited

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger here is my Time Ship

Untitled

on a side note i have to say that while the P.C version of STO gets things about a month before the console versions i think the console versions are actually the BETTER versions of the game with the XB1 version being the best of the lot (but i will continue on the PS4 version for a few reasons, first because it is the orginal one i played and thus all my good stuff is there and two because even though it's free to play because of MS's asinine polices you HAVE to have XBL Gold in order to play it where as on PS4 you DON'T need PS+ at all)

EDIT oh apparently they weren't allowed to use the original Wells Class design in STO for some reason so they made their own version that was slightly different and called it a Chono Class

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo She's a gorgeous-looking thing but, you're right, she's not Wells-Class. Thanks for sharing a shot of her all the same! Does it at least have the interior from "Relativity" (VGR) that popped up briefly in one of the story missions?

Odd that you mention that they weren't allowed to use the Wells-Class, though, because I've definitely seen it flying around a couple times. She's quite small (as she should be); maybe that's why, they wanted to give everybody massive timeships and the Wells-Class wouldn't cut it. I think she might've been a limited-time Lock Box exclusive, like the Universe-Class.

That's rough that you can't play Star Trek Online without Xbox Live Gold. Why do you say it's better on Xbox, though? Just curious; I've never seen it running on anything other than PS4, but is the performance significantly better, or is it a personal preference?

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger as far as i'm aware the wells class was not allowed to be sold on the c-store in the game for some reason but was a very very rare drop from the Temporal Lock Box and yes it does have the exact same interior as the one seen in Relativity

as for being better on XB1 yeah it does run better and even looks a bit better too, it's overall a smoother experience but i do play the PS4 version on a base PS4 while i play the XB1 version on a XB1s so that might affect how it plays

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Huh. I wonder why that was. Although I guess it adds to the mystery and exclusivity for those lucky enough to get one, plus makes it quite cool when you bump into one outside Spacedock.

Surprised to hear about the Xbox version's edge. I've played it on both a standard PS4 and a PS4 Pro and noticed no real difference between either console; it's still janky in places but overall looks and runs pretty solid for an eight-year-old MMO. Even if you stick with Sony, at least you've got the option to enjoy the better experience (and might not hurt to start over, given all the improvements they've made to the tutorials, as you noted the other day).

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i think the reason it runs a bit smoother on the XB1s than the base PS4 is because of the extra power it has plus Cryptic seem to have built the console version with the XB1 in mind, after all that's the only console version they ever show or talk about but i'll be sticking with the PS4 version a slightly faster load time and a slightly smother picture isn't worth shelling £40 a year out for plus i will be starting again when the Discovery content drops

SO anyway how about some screen shots

Setting off Star Trek Online
Untitled

Batman is NOT amused Batman Arkham Knight
Untitled

while i didn't like the game i have to admit The Last of Us sure was pretty
Untitled

AND now of course the obligatory FINAL FANTASY XV screen shots

A quiet ride on a Gondola
Untitled

Altissia at night really is quite beautiful
Untitled

that is NOT how you ride in a car Noctis!
Untitled

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Yaaaay! Final Fantasy XV screenshots have been posted once again, and all is right with the universe! Altissia looks incredible; that's my favourite shot, even beats Batman and DS9 (although those shots are awesome, too).

Makes sense, on Xbox over PS4. I'd also imagine that the guts of an Xbox share more in common with a PC than the guts of a PS4 do. But then didn't some stats get released a year or so ago, saying that there were almost three times as many players on PS4 than on Xbox? Obviously the most remain on PC, but that's still pretty impressive. Probably down to that Xbox Live Gold / PS Plus thing you mentioned earlier. There are a good deal of players on PS4 who don't know or like Star Trek, but are playing because it's a gateway to free trophies.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i actually found there are more people playing the PS4 version than any actually, i was playing the P.C version and it was pretty dead from what i saw and the XB1 version is the least active of the lot and i think your right it could be because of having to have XBL Gold to play it plus i'm sure most XB Gamers are too busy playing CoD online instead

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic