Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 381 to 400 of 3,152

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD nice

i have loads of images to share but for some reason my PSN unlinked from my Twitter account so i can't share them just yet because i can't remember my twitter details

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Sweet! I've been tempted by Watch_Dogs 2 for a while. Would you recommend playing the first one beforehand, though? I've heard less-than-good things.

@FullbringIchigo Hope you remember your Twitter details soon!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yeah i got this awesome one from STO to share where i have DS9 and loads of other ships behind me

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Kidfried

@RogerRoger If you're looking for a great very open world game Watch Dogs 2 should be on your wishlist. There's a lot of fun activities and it's very lighthearted all around. The city is beautiful of course, and I liked hacking my way through the game way more than its predecessor.

I don't think you'd like Watch_Dogs 1 very much. It's too gritty for its own good, and also very bland. Also, the story of the first game is pretty much the personal story of its main character, who doesn't return in 2 (aside from one or two references), so you won't miss anything.

Kidfried

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger hey i'm not sure how your going to feel about this but Arc Games just announced the next Star Trek Online expansion

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detai...

Untitled

it looks like it's going to be like Agents of Yesterday where it's another intro story for a Starfleet character

on topic, just chilling in Kame House

Untitled

RogerRoger

@KratosMD @Kidfried I was wondering how the sequel would handle references to the previous game, having seen the two vastly-different reactions in comments and reviews over the years. Thank you both for your recommendation; I'll keep it in mind (it's bound to show up in one of the never-ending PSN sales at some point).

@FullbringIchigo Thanks for the heads-up; I feel "unsurprised".

To be honest, I only have two characters for Star Trek Online anyway; a 24th Century Starfleet human male, and a 24th Century Romulan female (complete with shoulder pads). They're the only races that interest me enough to play as, and so I never created a 23rd Century Starfleet character, nor a Klingon, and won't be creating a Jem'Hadar either. There are already enough Crossfield-Class starships and folks wearing the uniforms roaming around anyway, so it won't have much impact on me.

All the same, thanks for tagging me with the news!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Making a separate post so that everybody I just tagged doesn't get a notification email packed with high-resolution screenshots...

I finally finished my Photo Mode playthrough of Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, so am posting the next batch without context, but with apologies for the high volume of images. I'll give it a while before posting the final assortment.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i have a 25th century Human Male, a 23rd century TOS era human female, a Klingon Male, a Romulan Female and a Jem'Hadar i made yesterday, i have one spare character slot so i'll use that to make a 23rd century Discovery era character, maybe alien this time if your allowed too

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I thought you could only have five character slots? By my count, you've used them all up, so how come you've got a spare?

And how're you finding 'Victory is Life' thusfar? I love the new DS9!

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger VIL added another slot plus i think i might have brought one at one point i can't remember but VIL is pretty good plus it carry's on from the last chapter so you can still use your main with it and only miss the Jem'Hadar exclusive opening missions which don't really add much as there is only about 2 episodes before it rejoins the main campain

honestly it's not really worth making a Jem'Hadar character unless you want one to play as

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Ah, that makes sense. They can't keep adding playable races and just expect people to start deleting their previous characters.

Sorry to hear the Jem'Hadar opening is pretty weak. I'm kinda not surprised at that, either. I thought the Romulan storyline was pretty decent, but there were signs of it cutting a few corners and it re-used a lot of material from the Starfleet campaign. Sounds like they're getting shorter each time.

Doesn't bode well for when they (hopefully, eventually) add the Borg in. That's the only other race I'd create a new character for.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i'm thinking of using the Discovery story to record a brand new play though of the game and upload it to youtube after all it is a new opening story for Federation characters

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Could be cool; I'd certainly give it a watch, if I'm not gonna play it.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i even got my youtube thumbnails already done

RogerRoger

Okay, last selection from my recent playthrough of Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, with apologies again for hammering everybody's bandwidth and / or data allowance.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger you know Uncharted 4 really does photo well doesn't it

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I (obviously) agree; I surprised myself, because I already had about 500 screencaps going into this latest playthrough, but I just kept finding new shots to set up and try for. It's a ridiculously-gorgeous game on every level. Can't fault the looks.

Speaking of which, I almost forgot; I took the following as potential phone / tablet wallpapers, found them just before I disappeared for the last 48 hours.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I got the idea from my best friend. She and I used to share the screencaps we'd taken and one day, she sent me a portrait shot and explained how she'd rotated the camera to get a new background for her phone's home screen. There were a couple moments I went to capture in traditional landscape this time out, and thought "no, that'd look better portrait".

Feel free to nab and use 'em if you're just passing through.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo and tagging @KALofKRYPTON as I know he's a Trekkie too...

Last night I noticed (completely by happy accident) one of the smaller updates included in the recent Victory Is Life expansion to Star Trek Online; they've finally given the Excelsior-Class (and the Refit) accurate hull plating! This made me a very happy geek for a good few hours.

I've always hated how the Excelsior-Class looked in-game, because it was just such an awkward and lazy attempt (and when put alongside the accurate Constitution-Class Refit, it made it look smaller and less advanced, kinda defeating the entire point). Seems they're going through them all in chronological order, as it was the NX-Class they started updating, then the Constitution-Class (and her Refit) and the Miranda-Class. My hope is that they're sticking to the major hero ships and that it'll be the Galaxy-Class up next, and then either the Sovereign-Class or the Intrepid-Class.

Here's a couple shots I took of the new hull plating on my Excelsior-Class...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

...and then on my Refit (sorry for the screencap spam; I just adore this class).

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger oh very nice! And as always, spam away!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Thanks; I'm sitting here, looking at the screencaps, with my Diamond Select USS Excelsior literally inches to the left of my laptop.

Atop my gaming shelf in the other room, a Diamond Select USS Enterprise-B (amongst other things).

There was so much I was gonna to today... oh well.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic