Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,421 to 2,440 of 3,152

Thrillho

Time for the next batch of Control pics!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Thrillho

RR529

@RogerRoger, fantastic GoT & Naruto shots (never got too into the latter despite being a pretty big anime person, but you make it look great).

@Thrillho, Neat Plague Tale & Control shots. Never heard much about the first game until recently (don't follow the Western AAA scene too closely), but it does look very atmospheric.

@LtSarge, if you hadn't said anything I'd have assumed those Tomb Raider shots were done with a photo mode, they look that good.

Anyway, many more Flight Simulator screens.

Disney World:

What looks like a race track with a Mickey shaped lake/pond in the middle.
Untitled

Splash Mountain
Untitled

Epcot
Untitled

Magic Kingdom
Untitled

Hurricane Ida:

Peaking above a low point of clouds, after taking off from New Orleans.
Untitled

Getting ready to take off from Houma, near the storm's eye...
Untitled

...which I believe I found, as this was the only time I wasn't surrounded by a constant wall of grey.
Untitled

A shot from inside the cockpit after I made a miraculous landing (I honestly wasn't expecting to, seeing as how I sometimes fail even in the best of conditions).
Untitled

New York City:

A bit of a wet takeoff from LaGuardia. Untitled

One World Trade Center.
Untitled

Empire State Building.
Untitled

And of course, Lady Liberty herself.
Untitled

Miscellaneous:

Happened to fly over Universal Studios while looking for Disney. I believe you can see Hogwarts below.
Untitled

Neat building on the way to Kansas City. I've seen it IRL & believe it's a Church.
Untitled

And finally a couple of botched landings. First up, that yellow plane always does that on me upon landing (though sometimes I can still get the game to recognize it as successful), and lastly, the auto pilot drove me straight into the Missouri River when I wasn't sure where to go when it came time to taxi off the runway (I think the game might be bugged in this area in general as even with no auto pilot I always have to fight the plane to get it taxied as it randomly gets a mind of it's own and starts moving in circles).
Untitled
Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Very striking shots from Control there; must be nice having some Fun With Filters again, after working within the limitations of A Plague Tale (you're determined to make "Fun With Filters" a thing around here, aren't you...?!). Great results all around! That first one in your first batch is particularly dynamic, and the framing in front of that Bureau desk is nicely done.

@LtSarge Fantastic set of Shadow shots! Apologies if my reply in the other topic came across a bit demanding, it was merely a friendly suggestion; that being said, I'm real glad to see you sharing your shots again, and not just because I'm a huge Lara Croft fan! Between our chat about Shadow the other day and these screenshots, you're really making me wanna replay the whole thing (especially since I'm looking at some of what you've posted and thinking "How'd they capture that? I don't remember being able to walk through that part!" so I clearly need to refresh my memory).

@RR529 Thank you! Honestly, it's not difficult to make the Ultimate Ninja Storm games look gorgeous, you just need quick reflexes to capture the right frames (and, since I was playing it on PC, I could just spam the hotkeys and sort through two hundred shots to find the two dozen I wanted).

Continuing to love the Flight Simulator world tour, by the way! Some very impressive shots (and those last two really made me laugh; that's totally how I'd land a plane in real life).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Nice shots everyone!

A few more from The Pathless. I've finished the story now, but i do (literally) have a couple of trophies to go, so will hopefully get some more in before I'm done with the game.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder I see you've arrived in Orange World there! Seriously, those are some great shots. The perspective on that last one, beneath those looming statues, is wonderful.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I've said this before but the game has an awesome sense of scale. Yeah I was thinking I've arrived in the land of Tango. Believe it or not those are from the same snowy area from the shot below (which I posted before).

Untitled

But when you beat the boss from that area, you 'cleanse' the land too, which changes the colour scheme. I kinda preferred it when it was blue and wish I took more shots before I beat the boss.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Thrillho

@RR529 Plague Tale is more of a AA game (a bit like something like Hellblade) and only really fell on my radar as it came to PS+. A good game though with the lazy comparison of “TLOU with rats” with a bit of a RE4 vibe thrown in.

Fun shots of yours over Disney though. With the Ida shots, is the weather in game dynamic then or have they purposely built it in? I did like the failed landing shots too though

@JohnnyShoulder They are rather a narrow range on the colour palette there! But like you say, the sense of scale is quite cool and something I like in that sort of game.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Looking at them now, they remind me of Biome 2 in Returnal!

LtSarge

@RR529 Man, I wish I can play Flight Simulator one of these days! I truly love the concept of being able to fly anywhere you want. Hopefully I'll get to experience it later this year when Microsoft adds Cloud Gaming on Xbox One.

@RogerRoger Don't fret about it, I just felt compelled after our talk and noticed that I had some lovely screenshots that would be worth sharing with others. The game truly is remarkable and it might indeed be worth replaying it now. I've actually been in a mood to play the other games in the series. I tried to play through the very first Tomb Raider on PS1 but I genuinely can't. I'm fine with tank controls after playing through the first three Resident Evil games, but tank controls AND platforming in Tomb Raider? That's not happening, lol. So looking at my options, I have the three PS3/360 games I can play through, starting with Legend. Might have to give it a go soon!

@JohnnyShoulder That game looks absolutely gorgeous! I really want to play it now. If I may ask, how long is it? Or rather, how many hours have you played so far? Seems like quite a lengthy game, which is good since titles like Journey and Abzu are rather short.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

JohnnyShoulder

@LtSarge It has taken be about 20 hours to do everything bar one trophy, which I should get later. I am a slow gamer though so that would most likely be the max it would take to finish. You could probably blitz through the story and miss most of the other stuff in way less time. But as part of the joy from playing the game is exploring and finding the secrets, I think you would be doing the game a a bit of of disservice by doing it that way.

The pics really don't do it justice either, it looks really sharp when I've been playing it on PS5!

JohnnyShoulder

OK I just found out if you pray at one of the towers, it switches the colour palette. So, I may have take one or two* shots to take advantage of this.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

*Approximation

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Love it when a game transforms its environment like that (in reference to your reply on the previous page). I think I prefer the blue as well, but the orange is very striking!

@LtSarge Phew, thanks! And yeah, I'd be interested to read what you make of the Keeley Hawes trilogy of Tomb Raider games. I replayed them on PC last year (there's a review knocking around if you're interested, although if you've never played them before it might be better to just boot 'em up and be surprised, as I have a feeling you'll enjoy them).

Don't feel guilty about skipping the PSone originals. I've been halfway through Tomb Raider II for a good couple of years now. They're a struggle, for sure!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
This swordfight got a little "in-tents" (sorry, I'm so sorry).

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I don't think I'm gonna take many more blood-soaked screencaps. That one made me feel more than a little uncomfortable, but at least I got one for the record, so to speak.

I took Kage to the beach afterwards. Much more my speed.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Oh wow, sorry, I totally missed that new batch of shots up there! We must've posted in the same minute earlier. It's awesome that you can change the colours at will. Am really liking those grey-green ones in the middle, and the misty ones towards the end, especially the third from last with those shafts of light coming down. It's a really spectacular landscape!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger When I saw your reply earlier, I was thinking you had viewed them rather quickly! Thank you! Yeah it's a neat touch and I'm glad it is there.

Spectacular shots from yourself as always. I see you have my favourite foxy friend there and some really nice sunset ones too!

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, honestly I'm surprised simultaneous posting doesn't happen more often around here in some topics! I definitely would've made a joke about us sharing the same definition of "one or two" had I seen your post properly and given myself time to think!

And thanks! I'm making the most of the foxes now as, after I honoured the first shrine, they stopped sticking around for me to pet them, and I started to panic. But they came back today!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I didn't even notice that we made the same reference! We really were in the same mind set yesterday.

RR529

Great shots everyone!

Even more Flight Sim!

San Francisco:

I just had to take a shot of this aircraft carrier.
Untitled

Flying under the Bay Bridge.
Untitled

I made sure to lock up Alcatraz on the itinerary.
Untitled

Golden Gate Bridge.
Untitled
Untitled

Flying through downtown.
Untitled
Untitled

Some other striking landmark.
Untitled

Las Vegas:

Talk about a "high" roller.
Untitled

Not quite Paris. Untitled

Your eyes aren't playing tricks, it's the Mirage.
Untitled

I'd watch out, I hear they're running a pyramid scheme at the Luxor.
Untitled

Don't "Rome" too long at Caesar's Palace.
Untitled

Does the Venetian float your boat?
Untitled

I took a gamble & finally landed the yellow plane successfully.
Untitled

I'm so very sorry, but I couldn't resist...
Only bigly winners play here, it's the best, everybody says so. Anything else is fake news.
Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JohnnyShoulder

My last load of shots from The Pathless. Enjoy and hope they inspire more people to play it!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic