Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,441 to 2,460 of 3,152

RogerRoger

@RR529 @JohnnyShoulder Some cracking shots from you both! It's a shame that aircraft carrier isn't the Enterprise, otherwise I'd be making a joke about "nuclear wessels" right now (don't all look relieved at once). Also loving the orange and blue colours in the fifth, sixth and seventh Pathless landscapes!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Thanks! Yeah the one with the big ol stature head is one of my faves.

I see you have found the joys of the after mission scene! I loved those as I found it gave the game, Jin and his horse a bit of charm and character.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RR529

@RogerRoger, Ghost of Tsushima continues to look stunning!

Anyhow, you all know the drill by this point.

Washington D.C.:

I was worried I wouldn't be able to get any decent shots at first due to this blinding rain.
Untitled
Untitled

But luckily by flying low enough I was somehow able to get some decent shots.

U.S. Capitol building
Untitled

White House
Untitled

Washington Monument
Untitled

Pentagon (luckily things had started to clear up by this point).
Untitled

Hawaii:

Pearl Harbor Memorial
Untitled

Care to hit the links?
Untitled

Military ships (sadly ironically, it looks like they're all sunken underwater as the game's algorithm apparently didn't try to build 3D models of them, so the game's water effects are above their flat satellite images).
Untitled

Other scenic shots.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Nevada:

Hoover Dam
Untitled
Untitled

It was my first flight completed fully in cockpit view!
Untitled

Grand Canyon
Untitled
Untitled

Navajo Bridge
Untitled

Glen Canyon Dam
Untitled

Other scenic shot
Untitled

South Dakota:

Mount Rushmore
Untitled

Crazy Horse Memorial
Untitled

This was the first time that the rain didn't dampen the overall flight as it broke up in several areas making it uniquely scenic.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Thrillho

@RogerRoger More great Ghost shots! The rope swinging one is a clever shot. The blood splatter ones always look cool but you can end up with quite a lot of them

@JohnnyShoulder More neat Pathless shots even if I have no idea what is going on in any of them.

@RR529 The cockpit shots are great and I think Microsoft are trying some sneaky product placement for those shots too..

Thrillho

Thrillho

Here's my next batch from Control..

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@RR529 Some more superb aerial photography up there! Nice to see that some of the more famous landmarks have better rendering. The White House looks particularly sharp, as does the Hoover Dam and Mount Rushmore. Wonderful weather effects, as well. Glad you're still havin' fun with the game! I doubt I'd be able to put it down until I'd flown over every square inch of the planet.

@Thrillho Despite the freaky bodies (both realistic and mannequin) those are some beautiful shots, but my favourite is definitely that last one! Really stands out!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Thanks, it's just annoying you can't tinker with brightness or anything as I like that last shot but would have messed around with it a little bit more if I could. Maybe it's for the best I can't though!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho ...wait, the Photo Mode doesn't even have a brightness slider? Or contrast or anything? Yeesh. Makes your shots all the more remarkable, given such limitations!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Nope! It literally has options for rolling the camera, distance and focus, field of view, and then filters. Very weird and limits you quite a bit, particularly with B&W shots which come out with a lot of contrast so it's easily too bright and dark at the same time.

Here's the next batch and some of my favourites..

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

The second shot is one of the few where I remembered to turn to graphics mode and it was a good position to show the ray tracing.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Crikey, those are some limited options. Your shots are even more impressive with that context and, as cool as the ray-tracing is in that second shot, I love the moody atmosphere of the first and the third. In case it wasn't obvious in my own shots, I also enjoy a good Dutch angle!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger I don't tend to use the tilt much but have done with Control seeing as it's one of the few things you can tinker with!

I'm back with Ghost now though for the DLC. Is there a problem with photo mode for you though? It seems depth of field and focal distance aren't actually doing anything for me when I change the settings??

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho No, no problem with it, although I haven't played it since last Wednesday, so it might've received an update in the meantime. The way they implement depth of field isn't amazing, as it's a very finickity slider that only really works in the low range. Try whacking it all the way down, as low as it can go, and then making minor adjustments in the "one-point-something" ballpark.

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

The last lot of my Control shots..

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho A fine farewell. I love the first and the fourth in particular, but they're all great, well-framed and well-timed shots. Thanks for sharing!

You were right, by the way. The latest patch for Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut has broken the depth of field and focus sliders in its Photo Mode. I went on earlier and it's totally unusable now. It's annoying because the PS5 version of Jedi: Fallen Order still has a broken Photo Mode, as well, which is why I recently paused my playthrough of it. I'll crack on with Ghost because its open-world structure means I won't miss many crucial, scripted moments, and I have a feeling it'll get fixed quicker than Respawn have left theirs to languish. At least I'll make some solid progress on all those side quests!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Thanks as always!

Weirdly, the depth of field and focus settings seem to work on Iki island itself since I started the DLC. They’ve dropped patches quite regularly so hopefully it’s sorted soon.

Thrillho

Thrillho

This series is simply entitled "Jin kicking people off stuff"

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho THIS IS TSUSHIMA

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Amazing, particularly that middle one! Great timing!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

The following shots are part of the "Fear the Fundoshi" collection..

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic