Forums

Topic: The Definitive Best Game of All Time Forum Megapoll!

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 1,645

ApostateMage

Horizon Zero Dawn - ¥40
Mass Effect 2 - £40
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater- $20

The Witcher 3 was always my number 1 right from the beginning. A pity to see it so low.

ApostateMage

Ralizah

I've played 9 of the top 10 games. Not too bad, I think.

I only really enjoyed 3 of them, though.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

BAMozzy

Horizon Zero Dawn - £50
Uncharted 2 - £30
Mass Effect 2 - £20

@ApostateMage The Witcher 3 is one of the best games of all time - a true masterpiece and certainly the best game this generation. Its won more awards than most of this 'top 10' combined.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

themcnoisy

My picks;

Mass Effect 2 - £44
Persona 4 Golden - £34
The Last of us - £22

That last spot was difficult. HZD and MGS 3 both deserve it. But when I look back my ps4 came with Watchdogs and TLOU. Im sure as gamers weve all had that feeling in work or when you are out doing something that you just want it to end so you can go and play your game and see what happens next. Well Watchdogs (which is fun imo) was sidelined for over a week for one of the best games ever made. With all 3 of my picks I had that. Especially P4G, I had no idea who the murderer was and it was a great story playing before, after and during work. Mass Effect 2 is a class act, I dreamed of being Luke Skywalker when I was a kid. Then I realised Fem Shep was even better and going to the dark side was written in the stars.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Octane

Horizon Zero Dawn - £29.99
Shadow of the Colossus - £50
The Last of Us - £20.01

Octane

RogerRoger

I was overwhelmed by the most glorious sense of pride and satisfaction when I looked at the game just above Grand Theft Auto V in the final rankings... and saw it to be Sonic the Hedgehog 2. For nothing else, thanks and congratulations to this community; you all did the right thing!

As has been the case at every stage, @themcnoisy deserves all the praise and should get all the money... but otherwise, my allocation of cash for the final round is as follows.

£47.47 to Horizon: Zero Dawn
£19.64 to Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
£32.89 to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Two easy choices, then a tough decision between Uncharted 2 and Mass Effect 2. Simply put, I find both of them the weakest entries in their respective franchises... but that's like saying a Mars bar is my least-favourite chocolate; I still love chocolate. Uncharted 2 has the edge because for me, Mass Effect 2 was a backward step in many ways, most notably character interaction and player choice, whereas Nate's second outing refined and advanced what the franchise was ultimately celebrated for. It might have been lacking a lot of Sully, but it introduced us to Chloe, who I'd be supremely happy to see continue the franchise beyond The Lost Legacy. It also spent far, far too long bogged down in tedious shooting galleries towards the end... a criticism against it, but a learning curve for the franchise overall, as all subsequent games kept the action tighter as a result.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger thanks man that means a lot.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy Wouldn't say it if it wasn't true.

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

Mass Effect 2 - £20
Persona 4 Golden - £50
Persona 5 - £30

I came very close to including Super Mario World instead of one of the Personas, but on reflection I enjoyed them both so much. I love the characters in Persona 4 and the intimate small town feel. The murder-mystery story is also a nice change of pace compared to a lot of RPGs. Although I think Golden made it a little easy compared to the original, the new story additions elevated it

Persona 5 was my favourite game of 2017, and probably this generation so far. The story impacted me a lot and I think was quite an interesting commentary on modern life and our reliance on and obsession with technology, broken political systems and a ruling elite who only care for their own gain, and, of course fake news. Massively improved dungeons compared to 4 and although the gameplay and battle system is basically identical, it's so refined. Nice to see the return of demon negotiation and nuclear element! If this contest is based on style alone, then Persona 5 is the clear winner, because it oozes it from every pore.

Mass Effect 2 isn't my favourite in the trilogy but it is nevertheless super-duper, so gets a vote from me. The main story is honestly forgettable, but I enjoyed the deeper character interactions and how the game is very much driven by Shepard's relationship with his crew. How he meets them, and gains their trust. It feels more personal and relatable. The combat is massively improved compared to the first one, which felt quite clunky. Vanguard is clearly the best combat class!

As a side-note, this contest has made me want to play games like Horizon and the Witcher 3.

Edited on by mookysam

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

DerMeister

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - 40
Super Mario World - 30
Uncharted 2 - 30

American here, so I lack the symbol.

Five games here are ones I'd gladly put money down on, but these three I think are amazing from front to back (Sorry Persona 4 and 5). The rest I haven't played (really regret not getting HZD though), and one I just don't think BOAT highly of.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Tasuki

Super Mario World — 50 (I have no idea what that funky symbol is)
Last of Us — 40
Horizon Zero Dawn — 10

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Kidfried

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 50
Shadow of the Colossus 25
Super Mario World 25

Kidfried

PS_Nation

Sigh, it's really difficult to choose only three games of this amazing lists. I really wanted to include The Last of Us, Persona 5 and Metal Gear Solid 3. Anyway, this is my vote:

Horizon Zero Dawn - £ 30
Shadow of the Colossus - £ 40
Uncharted 2 - £ 30

Edited on by PS_Nation

PS_Nation

Fight_Teza_Fight

What a great top 10! FFVII is out and irc that’s a previous winner!
Well here goes:

Bloodborne £40
Persona 5 £35
Uncharted 2 £25

The last spot was difficult for me, but UC2 was groundbreaking at the time and genre defining.

Also good to see that I’ve still got one of my picks so deep into the competition (Bloodborne) .

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

WanderingBullet

The Last Of Us - 40
Persona 5 - 35
Uncharted 2 - 25

Would've voted for P4 as well but I preferred P3:FES's story over P4's.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

melaneil

Shadow of the Colossus - £40
Persona 4 Golden - £30
Persona 5 - £30

melaneil

Fight_Teza_Fight

@BAMozzy The Witcher 3 is one of the most important games ever made, but I could never recognise it as one of the best ‘games’. The way it handles side quests is revolutionary. However, the combat is terrible & it’s not expansive enough to keep the game ‘fresh’ for as long as you would play it.

We criticise games for being too small & for having too little content, so surely there is a line when a game is too big & has too much content.
The Witcher 3 crosses that line for me. It’s unnecessarily big, which completely dilutes the main narrative for me.
Most would claim that all of this is optional, but I would argue that, that is a failure in game design. They want you to branch off. All those ?’s & the fogged out map is to encourage the player to ignore the main story.

Some people may claim that the open world itself is the game, but to me a game starts & ends with the main campaign- everything else is filler.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

LieutenantFatman

Bloodborne - £50
Mass Effect 2 - £25
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - £25

It's been great, themcnoisy. Excellent job on doing such a fun poll. I reckon had Witcher 3 not been up against SOTC last round we would have seen it in the top 3. But hey ho, that's how it goes sometimes! Still an excellent selection in the top 10.
Nice to see one of them is a Vita game.

With the exception of SMW, I've played and completed all the games in this top 10. They're all great!

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

Gamer83

Horizon Zero Dawn - 20
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - 50
Super Mario World - 30

Gamer83

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.