Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 2,436

MightyDemon82

Best thing so far is Silksong, liked the look of that other 2D game with the spooky setting as well.

They are leaning hard on the multiplayer stuff though which isn't a surprise for Game Pass.

MightyDemon82

Voltan

Starfield looking a lot like a Bethesda game

Voltan

nessisonett

A whole lot of great games in that showcase so far. Crazy how much it’s blown away most of the other showcases even though I don’t even have an Xbox.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

jdv95

crazy that persona 4 will be on xbox but not on ps4/5.

that's just weird. i thought that if it came to xbox it would also get a playstation version.

jdv95

Bismarck

Starfield is more ambitious than any other game besides maybe Star Citizen. I respect that. GOW Ragnarök for example looks fine and all, but I have played that game before.

Bismarck

Thrillho

@MightyDemon82 Is Silksong an Xbox exclusive now, or just being shown there as it’s going to GamePass?

I’ll be gutted if it’s a console exclusive.

Thrillho

LtSarge

It was overall a rather disappointing showcase. Some interesting titles here and there, my highlights were definitely Persona on Xbox and Starfield gameplay. But other than that, the showcase was simply too long. It should've been an hour at most.

LtSarge

trev666

personally i like Bethesda games despite that its become fashionable to mock them now days

trev666

MightyDemon82

@Thrillho It will come eventually but it's launching day 1 on Game Pass but no release date yet. I'm sure we will find out more soon!

MightyDemon82

BearsEatBeets

I only had it going on my laptop at the side from about the half-way point but still only really interested in Plagues Tale Requiem and Starfield. Same as last year. Starfield does look Fallout in Space with bits of NMS which is no bad thing. Looked a bit underwhelming graphically but that's never been Bethesda's strong point.
Hellblade 2 must still be a long way off then?

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

LtSarge

@BearsEatBeets Well that was the main issue with the showcase: where were all the first-party titles? Hellblade 2, State of Decay 3, Perfect Dark, Avowed, Fable and so on. When it comes to showcases, what I'm most interested in is either new stuff or first-party stuff. And this one had barely any of those.

They also need to stop with showing updates in their showcases every single year. Flight Simulator, Elder Scrolls Online, Fallout 76, Grounded, Sea of Thieves, I'm getting tired of hearing about these games year after year.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

AdamNovice

@LtSarge It's too much of a Game Pass show now and less about Xbox itself, even there crown jewel Starfield just looked like No Man's Sky. There's cool stuff like always but sometimes less is more, Sony got more of an impact out of a 30 minute State of Play then any of the shows so far and crucially they didn't need 1st party to do it.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Thrillho

Confirmation of an Xbox/Kojima collab still felt a bit of a surprise to be honest. Will be interested to see what happens with it (even if I’ll seemingly never play it!)

Thrillho

Bismarck

@Thrillho By next year it might actually be industry standard to stream 4k games on your 10 year old laptop. Don't worry about 'exclusivity'

Bismarck

LtSarge

@AdamNovice I agree, and I'm starting to get the feeling that Xbox players are getting the short end of the stick here. So many are giving this showcase a high grade over at Pure Xbox and I'm just baffled at that. In order for the showcase to be that good, it needed to have more first-party games, more new announcements, less filler like game updates and basically announcements that resonate with a lot of people. For example, Resident Evil 4 Remake is absolutely huge. That's the kind of stuff that gets people excited because it's such a beloved game. Quality over quantity is definitely the key point here.

I'm actually starting to believe that Xbox users have a lower standard for games compared to PlayStation users given that they graded the showcase that highly but there wasn't much to be excited for. And yes, I know that it's all subjective. You can be excited for different things. But it's a fact that not much new was shown off today, not at a lot of first-party titles were shown off, a lot of games that were already announced were shown, there were a lot of game updates, and still a lot of CG trailers even though they were bragging about how much gameplay they were going to have in the showcase. This was not a good showcase and it won't be hard at all for Microsoft to top this one next year. They just need to show gameplay footage for titles like Hellblade 2, Avowed, Fable, et al., show new stuff like Indiana Jones, Wolfenstein III and already you have a much better showcase than this one. I'd easily give a showcase with those games in it an A.

LtSarge

colonelkilgore

Best Xbox show that I can remember in all fairness… it’s about time really (I didn’t think that much of their show at last years e3). Good for Xbox and all their players… who knows, if Starfield gets a significant pop when it eventually releases maybe I’ll give Xbox another chance. 🤷‍♂️

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic