Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 6,801 to 6,820 of 7,477

RR529

Stellar Direct!

Haven't touched my Switch since I finished up XC3 last summer (aside from a few brief sessions trying out the new MK8D tracks as they come out), but between Prime Remastered, Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe, Tears of the Kingdom, & Pikmin 4 it looks like it might be commanding a fair amount of my time from now through the summer.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Bentleyma

I very nearly bought Metroid Prime Remastered. It just seems overpriced for just the first game, especially because Nintendo released the Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

KilloWertz

@Ralizah The vouchers they finally brought back are nice for people who are all digital and buy new games, but games that are old should be less than that without a voucher. They also shouldn't basically be forcing people to go all digital. $70 for a handheld game is absurd.

Ironically enough out of the handful of games I have, all but one of them is digital. That wouldn't have been the case if things had taken off for me with the Switch, but as it stands now going physical would be stupid unless the game isn't voucher eligible.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Ralizah

@Bentleyma Honestly, I'm a little shocked it's not $60, lol. $40 for a clearly visually touched up remaster with new control options and whatnot isn't unreasonable.

That said, I already own Metroid Prime on Wii and GameCube, so I don't need a third version of the game. Especially since it'll have the same structural flaws as the original.

@KilloWertz $70 for ANY game that's not a premium edition or something is absurd. I'm just glad I have the option to bypass it in this case.

I knew the $70 MSRP was gonna start taking off when Sony normalized it and people kept buying their games anyway. Sometimes even opting for the more expensive PS5 versions of games when free PS4-to-PS5 upgrade versions already existed. Nintendo isn't immune to terrible industry trends, just the last in line to adopt them.

That said, it's especially absurd in this case, since they don't even have the excuse of it being a 4K next-gen release.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

KidRyan

This was a great direct, hyped for Metroid Prime 1 and the GameBoy/GBA games.

Also looking forward to these games as well...

Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe - February 24
Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon - March 17
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - May 12
Master Detective Archives: Rain Code - June 30
Disney Illusion Island - July 28

TBA 2023
Harmony: The Fall of Reverie (June 2023)

TBA
Professor Layton and The New World of Steam

Edited on by KidRyan

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Bentleyma

@Ralizah Not gonna lie, I’m probably going to own it by the end of the day! People like me are the reason they can charge so much. I complain and then end up buying it!

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

LN78

@Bentleyma I have my finger hovering over the "buy" button this very second! Like @Ralizah, I've already got it on the GameCube, though. I'll probably cave when the physical edition comes out.

LN78

Bentleyma

@LN78 I had it in my cart yesterday and decided against buying it. I’ll probably do the same thing several times today until I eventually give in!

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

LN78

@Bentleyma If I wasn't getting "Hogwarts" tomorrow I think my will power would've cracked much earlier!

LN78

Bentleyma

@LN78 I’m currently playing through Hogwarts Legacy, so it’s not like I even need Metroid Prime right now!

Bentleyma

JohnnyShoulder

Yeah I will probably end up getting Metroid Prime, as long as it turns out OK. I think £35 is a decent price myself. 🤷‍♂️ Suppose they could have done what they did with the Mario trilogy they released.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Dual stick controls is basically a reason in and of itself to get Metroid Prime again.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@JohnnyShoulder It's pretty heavily upgraded over the original release, which mostly wasn't the case with the Super Mario 3D All-Stars Collection. Or, indeed, that even more expensive remaster of Skyward Sword.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Bentleyma

I gave in and bought it like I said I would. Looks as good as a modern Switch game.

Untitled

Plays really well with duel analog controls.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah Cheers for vid, I will check that out later. I've never played any of the Metroid Prime games, so this a win for me.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

belmont

I don't know why but the first Metroid Prime gave me severe motion sickness to the point I gave up the game. And I got it on launch day together with my GameCube, to say that I was very disappointed was an understatement. Those days the Nintendo of Europe practically gave the Cube away, its price fell fast. I guess it did not sell that well in Europe. I ended up buying the trilogy on the Wii U but I never tried the game again and to be fair after I got the Steam Deck my Switch also went in the closet and stayed there.

That said if a new Layton releases and it is a Switch exclusive, I will get it day one. I am a huge fan of the series and beaten all previous games multiple times.

The Game Boy is a great system, and I am a huge fan of it, I have more than 200 games for all its iterations but again I have a Steam Deck and a cheap GB flashcard that gets the job done and to be honest I see them abandoning it as they did with NES and SNES after a couple of months. Still cool to be able to play those games in the Switch though.

Edited on by belmont

belmont

Kidfried

@belmont Prime gave me motion sickness as well during longer sessions. All games in the trilogy by the way, something about how Retro makes FPS's is off, but I don't know what!

Nausea aside, I could never really get into the game. It is well made, but I just wasn't having too much fun during it.

Kidfried

KidRyan

Ralizah wrote:

Weird. So, Tears of the Kingdom is officially a $69.99 game if bought on its own.

But it's also voucher-eligible. You know, you spend $100, and get two first-party games digitally.

Nintendo really pushing them vouchers!

Anyway, not as good as the September Direct, but I'm cautiously optimistic about the return of Level-5. If the new Fantasy Life and Professor Layton games are good, I'll be a very, very happy customer.

I'll be waiting for a $50 physical sale on Tears to the Kingdom, not interested in owning digital Switch games.

Yes I know I'll be waiting many years, I haven't even played BOTW yet and my Switch backlog is at 20+ games lol.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

kyleforrester87

@KidBoruto Probably be waiting a while for TOTK to hit $50, BOTW seemed to stay full price for years.

I'm pretty happy to pay £60-£70 for TOTK if it reviews well, BOTW was brilliant. I still may not get it at launch though, depends what else I am playing at the time.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic