Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 6,581 to 6,600 of 7,479

KilloWertz

@LtSarge Yep, but ok, my bad. It showed that you had played it for a little while, so I thought maybe you tried it for a bit. No big deal.

I think the sale is ending soon (don't remember if it's today or later in the week, I'll look), so I'll think about it and see if I want to pick it up yet. I am definitely interested, but I was also considering getting the Ace Attorney Collection and Mega Man 11 as well from Capcom's sale that's ending at the end of the day.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

LtSarge

@KilloWertz Ah I see what you're referring to. I start up all my digital games as soon as I've downloaded them so that I don't have to wait ten days before the system shows my total playtime of those titles for whenever I get around to actually playing them.

Ace Attorney is usually the most popular choice for people looking for good visual novels. But it's also different than most visual novels in that it's also a detective game. So you have to go from place to place, talk to people, collect evidence and then participate in court trials where you present your evidence. Another series like that is Danganronpa. So if you want more involved visual novels, then Ace Attorney and Danganronpa is the way to go. But from what I've heard, The House in Fata Morgana is just a pure visual novel where all you do is read, kinda like the Steins;Gate titles.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge Oh, ok. Yeah, that does make sense. I was wondering why it didn't show my time for Xenoblade Chronicles at first even though I had clearly played it for a while, but now I know. Whenever I get around to playing Three Houses, that will be fixed since I played it for a little while just to try it out a couple of weeks ago.

I will probably like the two you mentioned even better, and I was looking into Danganronpa at one point too. Maybe if the collection of them (Danganronpa Decadence) either digitally or physically goes on sale again.

If the game has an engaging enough story, which the game seems to have, then I should still enjoy The House in Fata Morgana enough to make it worthwhile. I don't mind the occasional FMV game which has basically no gameplay, and even games like Life is Strange and such are more about the characters and story than anything else, so I should still be ok. I might be leaning towards waiting on it and playing others first, but it will stay on the list.

HallowMoonshadow

... Yeah apologies for another rather late reply @Ralizah.

Though to be fair I have only got a few days left til I'm back at work with a lot of lesson planning and prep done the past few days 😅

Ralizah wrote:

HallowMoonshadow I think both games are amazing for what they are. With that said, I'm more of a JRPG person than someone into SRPGs, so I'd probably give the nod to Xenoblade.

Speaking of JRPG's I forgot Live A Live is also a thing on the switch and came out only a couple of weeks ago... Are you interested in that?

Ralizah wrote:

In fairness, Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is a ton of fun (honestly better than the majority of DKC games it's clearing emulating, tbh), so I understand it overtaking something else you're playing.

I've never played a Donkey Kong Country game... Or any Donkey Kong game. I'm actually not a fan of the character or monkeys in general

... Oh and f#€k the Impossible Lair.

Ralizah wrote:

Sorry to hear Original Sin I isn't fully doing it for you. That can always be an issue when games feel exceptionally different between entries.

Yeah... I think I'm gonna have to write a review about OS I to get it all off my chest. I never wrote that review for OS II cus it would've been mostly me gushing for 5000 or so words.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker's PS4 port IS the buggiest game I've played on the system... But I also had way more fun with the underlying game then I have with OS I to be perfectly honest.

Ralizah wrote:

Yeah, if you do go into Mass Effect, best to leave the massive hype behind it on the side, as that can spoil experiences you might otherwise have enjoyed by elevating your expectations too high. I loved the first one and was disappointed by the second, so when I eventually play the trilogy, the third one will be completely new to me.

I'll try my best. It's always gonna be a thought at the back of my head but at least with all the trashing of ME3 and that infamous ending and more varying opinions of the series I've heard in general as of late (including your disappointment of 2) it should be easier to try and do so then FFVII 😅

Ralizah wrote:

They did something similar with the XC2 dub. Americans tended to voice the Blades, Gormotti were voiced with Welsh accents, Ardanians were all voiced by Scottish actors, etc.

... Now that's a nice detail. I like that quite a bit.

Ralizah wrote:

I need to go back and fully replay FFXII. Really loved that game back in the day. Not sure how I feel about the changes made to the remaster, but we'll see.

Same. I did actually start playing it three or so years ago and got to King Raithwall's Tomb & Belias but... I got distracted by something else and never went back.

I hadn't even chosen a job for anyone, waiting for the second one to be available before I comitted to a build.

This was before the reset job option was patched into the PS4 version... 😂

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

Completed what is possibly my proudest achievement in anything so far. I’ve caught all 212 Pokémon obtainable in Emerald without trading or glitches. Between Feebas and Milotic alongside the downright horrible catch rates for Safari Zone Pokémon and legendaries, it was one hell of an ordeal!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LtSarge

Today is a good day. An online store that sells used copies of games got Dragon Quest XI, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Kirby and the Forgotten Land (all of which are on my watchlist) in stock today and I bought all three games for €40 each. It literally won't get cheaper than this, lol. Really happy with these purchases.

I feel like this past month I've bought pretty much all major Switch games that I've been wanting to get now. Shin Megami Tensei V, AI: The Somnium Files - nirvanA Initiative, Digimon Survive, Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes and now Dragon Quest XI, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Kirby and the Forgotten Land. The only major games left for me to get are Triangle Strategy and Live a Live.

Got so much to play now on Switch!

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

RR529

Tangently Switch related...

I've heard of animal crackers in your soup, but Animal Crossing in your ramen? That's a new one!

Untitled
Untitled

It even came with a sticker (which I haven't yet opened)...

Untitled

...and a villager bio under the lid.

Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

Really solid Direct. Name and release date for BotW2. Octopath 2. New Fire Emblem. Some good looking remasters. PIKMIN 4. New Theatrhythm. They're also localizing Fatal Frame 4!!!

@Octane It lives!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RR529

Pretty good Direct all things considered.

Looking forward to Fatal Frame, Tales of Symphonia, Return to Dreamland, & of course Zelda!

Kinda funny though, I was watching it on mute at work & I maybe took 2-3 calls throughout the entirety of the show, then the Zelda trailer started playing & I got 5 calls right on top of each other, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

mookysam

Pikmin 4! At Last!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

LtSarge

Great Direct! So many compelling games to look forward to on the Switch.

My highlight of the Direct is easily Raincode. It's basically 3D Danganronpa! Looks so freaking good, I'm absolutely buying it at launch.

LtSarge

belmont

Pretty good direct. Octopath 2 and the final stroll with Ryza and co. are the games I will surely buy. There is no way I am getting them on Switch, Ryza 2 had horrendous loading times. I will check this 3D Danganronpa too.

Farming games are the new norm? I thought they were very niche...

belmont

KilloWertz

It was a dud for me. While a new Fire Emblem game is great, a new Octopath Traveler game is fine, and the expected end of the show happened, but way too much filler and too much of the same kind of games (farming and games like that). No Metroid Prime announcements killed it for me as that was the biggest deal to me being a new Nintendo gamer that has never gotten to experience the series before and obviously has FPS experience from Xbox and PlayStation gaming for many years. I probably would have been more excited about some of the other games mentioned by others if I was so disappointed by the lack of anything Metroid Prime.

Edited on by KilloWertz

JohnnyShoulder

@KilloWertz One of the reasons I bought a Switch 4 years ago was in the hope of either the fourth game or a remastered version of any or all of the previous Prime games. Yep, still no sign of either. But we did get logo all that time ago. 🙄

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KilloWertz

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, that alone completely ruined it for me. I had forgotten about the Metroid Prime series until I got a Switch and looked up more Metroid games. Then I saw about Metroid Prime 4 being in development (or development hell) and rumors of them at worst remastering the first one again. It got me excited for them given that I'm more of a regular console gamer than a Nintendo one, but now we're left wondering if there will be anything beyond Metroid Prime 4 someday down the road.

I am sure diehard fans will have liked it better than me, but I am shocked to be sitting here now saying that Sony won the day. I honestly thought their's was better, with most of what was shown actually being surprises, instead of most of the Direct being things that were obvious (even if some of them technically were never announced) and a lot of stuff that's the same as bunches of other games on the Switch.

Edited on by KilloWertz

Ralizah

Metroid Prime Trilogy rumor disappointment syndrome strikes again!

It'd have been pretty much ideal for me if they'd said anything about Advance Wars. Definitely one of my favorite Directs to date, however.

I wonder if the rumors were true and Gust really is behind that new FE game? It looks really good. Animation quality is a definite step up from Three Houses. Although it definitely isn't as gritty as Three Houses was. It seems much more like the logical follow-up to Awakening and Fates.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

KilloWertz

@nomither6 Not really.

@Ralizah Pretty much, but it doesn't help that it actually seemed pretty likely at this point, especially since there's a real chance it never comes at this point after not getting announced this far along in the Switch's life span.

Well, of course you'd say that... Mr. Nintendo Fanboy.

It does, but I have nothing much to compare it to.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic