Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 581 to 600 of 7,479

Rudy_Manchego

@BAMozzy Lol - sorry, Doom 2016!

I think there are two sets of gamers that are interested in these style ports. Firstly, are those like myself (as you mention) that likes the hybrid nature of the console and while I may play docked, having flexibility when I travel means these games are attractive and quite novel to play on the go. In a way, it is a bit of a first to play this level of game on a handheld. However, I think there are a lot of folks whose Nintendo consoles are either their only or primary console and tend to favour that platform first. As a result, they may not have played these games first time around or want to support Nintendo.

I personally see it as a hybrid console but third party multi platform games are more attractive to me in a handheld form because I get something from that version I can't get elsewhere. I do travel a fair bit so portability is great for me (I have a 3ds and Vita too).

Of course, this is going to drain the hell out of the battery!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Tasuki

I will admit, I bought my Switch when I went to New York this past summer but other then the occasional match in Arms with friends I haven't used the Switch much. I am hoping Doom and Wolfenstein will change that and maybe LA Noire.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Gamer83

I use the Switch more in docked mode than handheld, however, the option of being able to play the same exact games when I'm away from home (just on a smaller screen) is pretty awesome. Also if I want to watch tv and game at the same time it works great too.

Gamer83

Tasuki

@Gamer83 The thing that also is cool to me is that if I want to play my Switch on mutiple tvs in my house, it's so easy to do. It's not like I have to climb behind my tv unhook a bunch of cords, and carry a full system and all the wires to the other tv climb behind that tv and hook up all the wires again.

My Backlog

Gamer83

@Tasuki
Yeah, the convenience of the Switch is a major thing the console has going for it. I have all my game systems hooked up to one tv but I imagine if I did want to move the Switch to another room, it'd be a lot less annoying than moving my PS4 or Xbox One.

Gamer83

Tasuki

@Gamer83 Also it would be cheaper then buying another PS4 or Xbox One where as with the Switch you just buy the dock. Don't even have to move accounts or profiles.

My Backlog

BigP

Trying to think of the top off my head what multiplatform/AAA games are coming for this as I can never get on the TV to get to my PS4! I know it has Skyrim, Wolfenstein 2? Doom, Fifa 18 and I really can't think of anything else. I haven't played Pokemon since I was a kid on the game boy but I'd definitely be interested in that at least if there is one coming, Mario Kart is fun but not something I'd want to pay full price for. Never played a Zelda game in my life but the new one does look good apart from the cartoony look all nintendo games seem to have! The gimmicky games look quite fun aswell for a bit (arms and 1 2 switch I think they're called?) Really want to get a Switch as it's portability would be perfect for me but not sure there's enough games I'm into to justify it... Would be perfect if I could have a switch that could run my PS4 library, Vita 2 Sony?

BigP

Tasuki

@Octane Not yet. I want to get another one as I see the Docks only for sale all the time at places like Target. I just been running it car problems as of late so any extra money as been going to repairs.

My Backlog

themcnoisy

EGX really showcased the switch well. I think its fair to say ARMS was a highlight of the show, it reminds me of an old tank arcade game by sega which I really liked (cant remember the name). So I will be getting that for xmas for my son.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@Kyroki Yeah but tbf I havent brought up goldeneye yet!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

BAMozzy

Early look at Mario Odyssey by DF...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Octane

I think I just bought a Switch. Now I need a Pro Controller and a game.

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane You think? Were you drinking when ordering Just kidding ,what game are you thinking of getting? I really want a Pro controller but just can't reconcile myself to the price. I think I might rather have a second dock.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Octane

@Rudy_Manchego Yeah I do, I saw a big number disappear from my bank account, so I hope it arrives.

The Joy-Con are too small, so I had to get a Pro Controller. Got a copy of Splatoon 2 as well, better make use of the online now that it's still free. But I mainly got it for Mario Odyssey, I just didn't want to wait too long in case they were all out of stock again when Odyssey comes out.

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane Ah right. The same has happened with my Snes Mini. Just waiting for it to arrive!

I've coped with the Joycons but I don't like them in their cradle for long term play. I probably should get the Pro controller. I think Mario Odyssey is going to be pretty huge so I thin you are doing the right thing in getting it early. Enjoy!

Octane

@Rudy_Manchego Yep, I've been waiting for them to return to the 64/Sunshine format with Mario, and with them officially calling it a sequel in the vein of those two games, I hope it's going to be good! And yes, as their big holiday title, I think it's going to be difficult finding a Switch around the Mario Odyssey launch.

Are you getting Odyssey as well?

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane Sunshine was the last 3D Mario I played. I didn't get a chance to play at EGX but watched others playing and it looks very fun.

I will get it but not sure if I can afford it at launch as I've already getting Wolfenstein 2.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic