Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 5,781 to 5,800 of 7,479

nessisonett

@mookysam I think I had one of those disc sanding things back in the day but it didn’t really do much. One of these days I really should methodically go through them and give them a buff! I’ll need to dig out my original Wii though to test them, or perhaps buy new cables for my Cube, which seem to have been lost between moving houses.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Octane

@Haruki_NLI Mobiclip, DeNA, Jesnet, they set up that whole QOL division that didn't come to fruition.

I guess it isn't that much, but for Nintendo's standards it was. I could've sworn there were more, but I can't find it anywhere, maybe they were just stakes.

Octane

nessisonett

@Octane I FORGOT ABOUT ALL THOSE QOL RUMOUR ARTICLES

Haruki_NLI

@Octane They were just stakes.

The only acquisition in the past decade outright is Next Level Games.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

ralphdibny

@Ralizah @Octane ah fair enough, I literally had no idea either game had a campaign, especially the first one. I remember looking them both up and not being able to find anything about it. Maybe people just don't talk about the Splatoon campaigns online as much as they do the multiplayer!

See ya!

Ralizah

@nessisonett I got my GC copy of Sunshine working by having it resurfaced at a CD shop years back. Although it won't help if the scratches are too deep

@ralphdibny Well, campaign talk will die down after launch since most people will be finished with it by then and fully focusing on the multiplayer.

I don't know if they're worth buying purely for the sp content, but they're still pretty decent on that front compared to something like Call of Duty. Octo Expansion is 100% worth the money it costs on its own.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

ralphdibny

@Ralizah hmm, well it's certainly something for me to consider down the line! It would be nice to try a new Nintendo franchise, it's just one I had avoided up until now because I had no interest in the multiplayer. I'm sure it's fun n that but I normally prefer to play with friends if I am going to do any sort of online gaming and I don't think any of mine have Splatoon

See ya!

Octane

@ralphdibny For what it's worth, Splatoon is one of the few games I enjoy playing online. Even if I'm doing solo.

But yeah, the SP content is kinda underappreciated. It's very good. 5-10 hours long. Splatoon 2 adds a larger variety of weapons, so you need to beat the stages more than once if you want to "complete" it, but it does add an additional layer of strategy. The boss fights are also very fun, and there's a surprisingly amount of backstory and lore in the games.

Octo Expansion is probably the best the single player has been in Splatoon.

Octane

ralphdibny

@Octane sounds good. I definitely appreciate "shorter" games to be honest. Especially these days! I'll look into it picking up the first one when I get a lull in my gaming schedule!

See ya!

Ralizah

@Octane @ralphdibny I play almost nothing online, but Splatoon actually works well for me, since it feels very... single-player-y in the main turf wars mode. There's almost no reason to interact with other players, and the way the game is designed makes it obvious when you should help other people on your team. Ditto with the horde mode equivalent in Splatoon 2. Chat and interactions might be more important in ranked play, but I never bothered with that.

Leave it to Nintendo to get a digital hermit like me playing a competitive, team-based third-person shooter.

ralphdibny

@Ralizah I think I've told a lie actually because I think I know what you mean. I played a lot of the CTR remake online with strangers actually. It didn't even feel like I was playing online. I think the actual purpose of me playing online was grinding for wumpa coins so the competitive element was no different playing against people or against the computer. Except the people were way better at the game than the AI 😅

See ya!

Ralizah

Metroid Dread sounds pretty awesome from the previews. I was going to wait until Christmas to pick this up, but I might have to grab it at release. Spending WAY too much money on gaming this year, lol.

@ralphdibny In the case of Splatoon, you're part of a team, and the goal is ultimately to ink the most turf (in the turf wars mode), so even low-skill players can contribute by avoiding direct conflicts and using weapons with a high level of ink coverage while more skilled players force back the enemy team.

It's pretty much the perfect multiplayer game for people like me who tend to enjoy gaming as a solo activity.

Edited on by Ralizah

LtSarge

I'm glad the last DLC character for Smash is Sora, it's cool to see the Kingdom Hearts series being represented in Smash. I kinda want to play Smash again now to try out Sora but also other DLC characters that I haven't gotten yet such as Sephiroth and Banjo-Kazooie.

LtSarge

nessisonett

Lmao at the Kingdom Hearts series all being on Switch…. as cloud versions. Funnily enough I actually played RE:Chain of Memories streamed onto my Vita so it’s not impossible. People will be annoyed but at least they’re on there in some capacity.

johncalmc

I'm kinda disappointed in Sora as the last Smash character. Seems like that's one everyone had already predicted/wanted. I was hoping for something crazy like a playable Wii U or something.

johncalmc

Twitter:

nessisonett

@johncalmc It should have been Matt.
Untitled

Ralizah

Monster Hunter or Nahobino would have been my choices. MH and SMT have been married to Nintendo hardware for years, and even now that the former has gone multiplat, they still developed a beautiful, ambitious console exclusive in the form of Monster Hunter Rise. Capcom especially deserved a MH Smash rep.

Instead, Sora gets in, and S-E announced CLOUD versions of the KH games for the Switch. KH3 I get, but why the holy hell would PS3 ports of PS2, PSP, and 3DS games not be able to run on the hardware with the littlest bit of optimization?

Well, I'm happy for the people who wanted him, but I'll never buy any DLC containing that character.

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I’d assume they’re just using the PS4/Xbox/PC version that they’ve ported in a universal way. It was only on PS3 because of the well-documented mess of writing PS3 games. So for them to create a solution to port the games across the whole last-gen systems, they probably don’t want to make the effort to make yet another fully ported from (roughly) scratch for Switch. It’s stupid but I can understand it. They’d have been better outsourcing.

Octane

Gotta hand it to SE, that's one heck of a deal. Basically no work involved, and free advertising for you.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic