Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 5,701 to 5,720 of 7,480

johncalmc

What I want is probably wildly different from most people and it will certainly be wildly different from what will actually happen but...

1. I want a proper Mario RPG
2. I want Paper Mario for the Wii - Remastered
3. I want a new Trauma Center
4. I want a new 3D Mario game that isn't Odyssey 2
5. I want a Metroid Prime Collection

I'm expecting, "Oh hey you remember Splatoon? Here's a new hat you can wear in the hit game Splatoon!" or something.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

@Octane No, it doesn't. But most September shows air late night in the UK. The exceptions are Pokemon, indie world's and the Direct Minis last year.

I'm just pointing out what historically has happened, and it's a likely reason why. This is late for NA too by usual standards

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

@Haruki_NLI The only reason I can think of is so that Japan can also watch it live (7am), instead of it being in the middle of the night for them.

Octane

Octane

First Nintendo Direct game has leaked, and it's already on the front page of NLife, why can't we have nice things?

Octane

Ralizah

@johncalmc I'm actually (very slowly) playing through Super Paper Mario right now, and... I'm trying to give it a chance, but Sticker Star might have a rival for my "least favorite Paper Mario" award.

New Trauma Center would be cool, but I get the feeling Atlus is already up to its ears in work with SMT V, Project Re Fantasy, whatever new Persona games are coming out, and... eventually... the next Etrian Odyssey game.

Which, unfortunately, probably also means Devil Survivor 3 will be a long time coming as well.

I fully expect Metroid Prime Trilogy next year, since, if it's coming, it'll probably be a year or so before MP4.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Octane Yeah, I get that they have to report these things as someone else will but it should have been behind some sort of spoiler warning. Shoddy practice.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@Octane Actually just seen that it was Nintendo themselves who leaked the announcement. Primary source leaks are fair game as far as I’m concerned, they have a duty to report on said leaks. It’s not their fault Nintendo revealed it 6 hours early. A bit of discretion might have helped in the short term but someone would have spoiled it in the chat anyway.

Octane

@nessisonett Nothing is stopping them from not mentioning the game in the title, or using that image though.

Octane

Voltan

@nessisonett If I understand correctly, Nintendo sent a heads up under embargo to some people and someone shared the info privately with someone who leaked it. At least that’s what I got from some tweets, could be wrong.

Voltan

nessisonett

Not bad at all. Like a solid 7 for me. Kirby looks very good and nice to see more Bayo. ActRaiser was a real surprise. Mario movie should be tossed into the fire. N64 and Genesis games is very cool, might get a N64 controller but slightly peeved about paying more for the privilege of games not made by Jaleco.

Octane

3D Kirby is at least more original than another side-scroller.

Couldn't care less about Bayonetta or the Mario movie though.

Octane

LtSarge

I'm going to be honest now, after having watched the E3 Direct and this one, it dawned on me that I'm genuinely more interested in what Nintendo has to offer than anything that Sony or Microsoft offer. Nintendo has become much better now compared to the past decade, they're pretty much on the same level as they were during the Wii era in terms of offering creative and unique experiences unlike the other two companies. Like holy crap, this Direct was just phenomenal.

• A 3D platforming Kirby game for the first time
  • Chocobo Racing with online multiplayer
  • Bayonetta 3
  • N64 games on Switch, including online multiplayer for titles like Mario Kart 64 and Star Fox 64, and games like Paper Mario and even Banjo-Kazooie are going to be added

Not to mention all the other previously announced games like Mario Party Superstars and Metroid Dread. I can't believe we live in a time when Nintendo is releasing a new 2D Metroid game AND the first ever 3D platforming Kirby game. 3D Kirby genuinely looks like Super Mario Odyssey, I'm so excited for that game! I've said this so many times, Nintendo should stop milking 2D games of their franchises such as Mario, Kirby, Yoshi and Donkey Kong, and start releasing more 3D titles. This is what I've been waiting for for so long now!

I can't believe that I'm saying this, but Nintendo is finally good again.

LtSarge

Octane

LtSarge wrote:

• N64 games on Switch, including online multiplayer for titles like Mario Kart 64 and Star Fox 64, and games like Paper Mario and even Banjo-Kazooie are going to be added

I don't really get why people get excited about paying for these old games for the umpteenth time. Just get an N64 at this point, that's cheaper in the long run.

Octane

nessisonett

@Octane I mean, I’ve been playing N64 games with achievement support so it would be a bit silly for me to subscribe to this higher tier to play on Switch.

LtSarge

@Octane Because online multiplayer. I have friends who are really excited to play Mario Kart 64 online, and hopefully Nintendo will add the N64 Mario Party games so that we can play those online as well. Not to mention other titles such as Star Fox 64 and maybe even the original Smash Bros.

Everything else is just a bonus to me.

LtSarge

kyleforrester87

Kirby looked good (but I doubt it’ll be on par with Odyssey) and I’d like to play Banjo Kazooie again, but other than that not a lot for me. Chocobo racing was a nice touch, used to like the PS1 version. But really why bother these days if you have Mario Kart, unless you’re really into arcade racers I guess.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

It was OK. None of the announcements got my blood pumping, but stuff like Bayonetta 3, 3D Kirby, etc. will obviously appeal to a lot of people. Looking forward to Disco Elysium, Castlevania, Triangle Strategy, Rune Factory 5, etc.

Kinda surprised they're gonna release Banjo on the N64 app. That's pretty cool.

7/10.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic