Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 4,981 to 5,000 of 7,479

Ralizah

@Ryall Hard to imagine it'll take that long when the game is already fully localized. I'm guessing 2022 if there are no issues with the international release.

Just glad Switch will have access to the complete set of these games soon.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

blacklivesmatter

The streaming of games could be a total game changer for the console very excited for the future of the handheld no longer limited by the hardware.

blacklivesmatter

Ryall

@Ralizah Clouded Leopard Entertainment are doing the switch ports and XSEED Games have the English translation. They might come to an arrangement but I wouldn’t count my chickens yet.

Edited on by Ryall

Ryall

Ryall

@blacklivesmatter In the home or in the datacentre you are always limited by the hardware you are playing on.

Ryall

nessisonett

This is why I’m just going to play Cold Steel 1 and 2 on my Vita. It’s portable and it’s actually in English.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

R1spam

@blacklivesmatter just tried the control demo, got to agree. My Internet is mediocre (28ish mbs) but the performance version of the demo was worked really well in handheld mode. Wont ever top native but it definitely works

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

TheFrenchiestFry

Apparently Resi 3 is next based on datamines from the Control website, which makes me think Capcom will probably release all the other RE Engine games on Switch through that method. FFXV also has a much stronger chance now as well considering they actually tried to natively port the game in 2017 but it just didn't pan out due to technical limitations.

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry Yeah, this just seems like the only way to have these games on Switch. Seeing people call the companies lazy for not making a native port is absolute rubbish and shows an utter lack of understanding about the limits of the Switch.

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett Yeah, it's only further accentuated when they use the same tired argument of "b-b-but WITCHER THREEEEEE", which they probably forgot in the moment practically looked like mud mixed with two turds when played in TV mode and looked about as good as Xenoblade 2 in handheld mode with constant stuttering and pop in.

TheFrenchiestFry

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry Also the fact that Witcher 3 is an easy game in which to implement somewhat close levels of pop-in due to the way the open world is laid out. You just couldn’t do that in Resident Evil 2, 3 or 7. Control as well is quite a densely populated game. However, I reckon you could get Assassin’s Creed Odyssey on the Switch with major downgrades as that was another game with a cloud version.

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett I have a feeling Assassin's Creed could've worked but it probably would've required significant downgrades to stuff like lighting, texturing and FOV. It's also a pretty densely populated game from what I've seen with all the different landmarks you visit, so it was probably too compromised from the start to be eligible for a good native conversion. It's also probably why games like NiER Automata and Kingdom Hearts III are just not happening on that console unless it's through cloud versions.

TheFrenchiestFry

JohnnyShoulder

Not sure Control would be suitable to play in port-a-loo mode when things get really hectic and combat is in full flow with all the scenery deformation going on.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

@TheFrenchiestFry TW3 never looks as bad as XC2 when that game's resolution dips (although, admittedly, it comes close when it's raining in Skellige). I played the Switch version of TW3 for... 25 hours, maybe? It can be rough (some of the low-res textures are hilariously bad), but, on the whole, it's an impressive showing. Although I learned the hard way that turning off the bloom in any cutscene with significant lighting effects is disastrous, and causes the game to have a sort of strobe effect.

The game does look surprisingly sharp on the Lite with the sharpening jacked up, though.

Really, the lowered framerate was the worst part about it, and it shares that in common with the PS4 version.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, Control gave me a headache on PS4 Pro, never mind on Switch. My eyes are straining in anticipation.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett OMGz, DoN't StArt cOnsolE waRz tAlK oN heRe Plz!!!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

TheFrenchiestFry

I sure love arguing about how my console that looks like a bedroom fan with paper folded around it is superior to your refridgerator

TheFrenchiestFry

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Got into a discussion today on NLife which is just too good not to share. So essentially I said that Control would be a harder game to port than The Witcher 3. I got sent this:

why do you say that? Did you try to port it? What does Control, which is way overrated and as some people said in here, no better looking than RE Revelations 2, harder than the the Witcher 3? I guess both of them are hard to port, but i remember people saying back then that no way they could pull the Witcher 3 off in the Switch and look at it now, no matter how bad it looks, it's there. Saber didn't took the easy route and stuck it on the cloud, or complained that it was too hard; they made some witchcraft mojo jojo and did it. This guys just come here and say: oh, without the cloud you wouldn't have it, and my question for them is: who asked for it anyway?? I own it on the Ps4 and it bored the hell out of me after 3h because everything looks the same.
Another way of getting more money like the PS5 free upgrade fiasco...

So yeah, ok, let’s try again to convince them. I laid out that Witcher 3 is easier to scale down due to the way data streaming and pop-in is handled on Switch and the fact it’s a 5 year old game that runs on a potato on low enough settings. I was sent this back:

man, have you tried programming something? Particles?? You're talking about particles when the W3 literally has a living, breathing world around you? A world that remembers what you killed 300 saves ago? A world that spams miles and miles plus caves and water levels?
Compared to that, Control seems like childs play no mather how many flashy effects they've crampled into the game, with everything being inside a closed environment that looks so much the same you need a degree to understand were you are in the map.
But you are right, W3 is 5 years old and still manages to look way better than recent games.

So of course, being a year from graduating in Software Engineering and having, y’know, programmed something, it’s hard to take anything seriously. I imagine it must be very difficult for plumbers to sit about and listen to people mouth off about plumbing when they have literally no clue about what they’re talking about. It’s absolutely hilarious. The thing about computing in general is that I’d say my grasp of the subject as a third year student is roughly 0.01%. That means that the average person in the street would probably be into the 0.0001% of actual understanding. And yet people feel the need to go on about stuff they just don’t understand. Reminds me of that thread we had a few weeks back on here 😂😂

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett lmao some people there is just no hope in trying to discuss it further. Like your 'monopoly' one in the Crunchyroll article! 🤣

HallowMoonshadow

There's one thing about that post that really bothers me @nessisonett... Resident Evil Revelations 2? That's the game they decide to compare Control to graphically? Pretty sure that was a cross gen game! 😯

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic