Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 4,961 to 4,980 of 7,480

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett I think V could work just as well in an Octopath or Bravely-esque artstyle since those games are already incredibly similar on a gameplay level right down to their job systems. If anything I think since VI is definitely the more popular of the SNES entries I have a feeling they'll give it the FFVII Remake treatment if anything considering it definitely was the game that came the closest to pushing FF into mainstream territory prior to the PlayStation era

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry I think VI would be harder to turn into a corridor simulator than VII 😉

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett lmao honestly I'm surprised Midgar was as open as it was in Remake considering I breezed through that section in like 3-4 hours in the original on both my PS4 and Switch saves

I spent like a good 1-1.5 hours in the Wall Market alone doing all the side quests in Chapter 9

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

johncalmc

I just started playing Xenoblade Chronicles on Switch yesterday and I was really concerned because I haven't played the game since it first came out and I didn't think it would hold up at all. It really does though. I think they've done an excellent job with it. If anything, it's better than I remember it being, or perhaps that's just relief because I was expecting to be disappointed.

Either way I'm about seven or eight hours in and I love it all over again.

I've only ever heard bad things about Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and that other one that was on Wii U that I can't remember the name of. Never played either of them. Should I avoid them like corona or am I being unreliably informed and they're good?

johncalmc

Twitter:

mookysam

The chibi graphics in the DS remakes of III and IV are absolutely revolting. If they ever get to a remake of VI I would love hi-resolution 2D art and sprite work. Or better yet something that can properly interpret Amano's beautiful designs.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

TheFrenchiestFry

@mookysam If you didn't like the chibi artstyle of FFIV I'd absolutely recommend playing FFIV The Complete Collection. It's a PSP remake of the game that uses really well done sprite art on the same level as the FF1 and 2 remakes and bundles together FFIV, FFIV The After Years and a new campaign called FFIV Interlude which bridges the gap between IV and The After Years

TheFrenchiestFry

mookysam

I’ve played The Complete Collection @TheFrenchiestFry and agree that it’s lovely. The spritework is extremely nice. I love to replay it now and then because it’s still relatively short for a Final Fantasy game, so doesn’t take too long to get through. What do you think of the remastered songs? It’s nice that it gives the option to switch, because as with the FFX remaster some songs sound better and others are worse than the originals.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

TheFrenchiestFry

@mookysam The remastered songs are nice but I find a certain charm in the 16 bit orchestrations personally. It pairs nicely with how quintessentially classic it is as an FF experience

I do applaud FFXII for also going that direction and even offering up the original orchestrated tracks on the PC version as a bonus because they sound incredible.

TheFrenchiestFry

Ralizah

I HATED the sprite art in The Complete Collection. A lot of the sprite art PSP games I've played look... cheap. The art reminds me of something out of a mobile game. It's the primary reason FFIV Advance is my go-to version of that game.

I love the 3D remake, but it's harder and has a different vibe to it. I love the style, personally. Reminds me of the PS1.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I really dislike the art too. It looks like a mobile game, a bit like the FFVI terrible iOS port.

TheFrenchiestFry

I thought the sprite art in the PSP remakes was pretty good, and I do prefer FF1 on PSP over Dawn of Souls on GBA, but more than one thing DEFINITELY went wrong with FFV and FFVI on mobile

It really sucks THOSE were the versions Steam got.

TheFrenchiestFry

RR529

Completed the Trial Galaxies in Galaxy tonight. I don't think I did these back on Wii, or at the very least I didn't remember them (there were a few other galaxies I forgot about as well).

Surprisingly got through the Ray Surfing & "Monkey Ball" ones on my first try, but had to take quite a few tries on the electrified bubble maze (it's dependent on the pointer, which I've found I have to regularly recenter in this version, and the level's last gauntlet doesn't offer many chances to reorient yourself).

I think I may try grabbing the last few hidden Stars I missed, but don't think I'm going to bother with the comets. I think I'm over 85 Stars now (forgot to check the exact tally before shutting it off), which is more than I got in 64 or Sunshine.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

MarlonJohan

Years later. the Switch has definitely changed the entire industry. It's been a great few years but I hope that people do not forget the power of past consoles like the PSP and PS Vita which were both way ahead of their time.

MarlonJohan

RR529

Just finished up Galaxy with 91 Stars! Probably going to be a couple days before I write up my big impressions piece, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

nessisonett

Another Nintendo Direct! People will be raging about them bringing that cloud thing over here to run Control and Hitman but hey, better the game comes at all. I mean, the Switch just isn’t capable of running either game.

RR529

The Direct wasn't too exciting, but I am interested in the NMH games. I was thinking about finally jumping into Xenoblade DE now that I'm done with 3DAS, but there definitely are choices to be made. For me at least, it's a good time to have a Switch.

Definitely not a fan of the cloud method for bringing over demanding games (I'm not bothered over Control or Hitman in the first place, but this could be an issue further down the road if it becomes standard practice), but I suppose it's why I have a PS4 (and eventually a PS5 or Xbox Series down the road).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Ralizah

Stealth dropped NMS 1+2 and AoC demo is pretty cool. Also pretty nice to get more news on Bravely 2.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

TheFrenchiestFry

The stealth drop of the NMH games on Switch and the Bravely 2 trailer were great, but nothing really other than those excited me. I already own Control on PC and I'm certainly not dying to play a cloud streamed version of it that's apparently only free for 5 minutes, and same with Hitman 3.

TheFrenchiestFry

Ryall

@Ralizah You would normally expect to see the western released two years later so in that case 2023.

Ryall

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic