Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 4,941 to 4,960 of 7,479

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry Woah, get that in some spoiler tags quickly! I think there are still some people here who haven’t played MGSV and that’s like the main plot twist 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Kidfried

Just played a bit more of Mario 35 and I think that I reached the conclusion that it's just not very good. Mostly not as good as it could have been.

This game would have been so much better if it was like Fall Guys: first 60% of contestants that reach the end of a level proceed, the rest is out.

At least then it would feel like you're competing with others.

Kidfried

RR529

Started up Sirena Beach in Sunshine tonight. The manta fight was long winded, but thanks to a tip I heard mentioned over on NL awhile ago I knew going in that you're safe under the cabanas, so it wasn't too bad. Next up, I had more trouble climbing up the platform Boos to get to the FLUDD-less level than the actual level itself. Finally I did the maze to get to the pool, which was a bit clumsy, but I enjoyed all the annoyed interactions with the guests upset with you barging into their rooms, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Octane

@RR529 Here's a tip that may come in handy for a later level; you can wall jump against the central pole in the hotel, and hover to the next floor with FLUDD. Maybe do a backflip first to gain some additional height. You don't even need the Boos!

Octane

Kidfried

@RR529 I often think back to that crazy manta fight. I didn't know about that trick, so I have tried that boss countless times back in... 2003 or something? No idea how hard that boss really is, as I was quite young back then.

Kidfried

Kidfried

I just bought Killer Queen Black for 7 cents, haha.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

RR529

Just cleared Sunshine! I wasn't intending to already, but when I beat Pianta Village's 7th mission the Plaza was flooded so Corona Volcano was the only thing open to me, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

The Volcano itself wasn't bad at all, as I only died once there by getting spiked (I was careful during the boat and got through in one go), but that Bowser fight was irritating as I kept glitching through the tips you butt stomp (though Bowser & Jr knocked me off a few times on their own to their credit). Finally made it through with like 2 lives left, though.

I think I'll try collecting some more Shines before moving on to Galaxy since I wasn't intending to finish it yet, but I doubt I'm going for 100%.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

TheFrenchiestFry

Right as I was discussing with someone about Final Fantasy IX's lack of a physical re-release for the new port, they literally just announced that IX is coming physically to Switch this winter in Asia just like the VII/VIII Twin Pack. Fantastic.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

RR529

Got 60 Stars in Galaxy tonight. Definitely not ready to face the final level yet, though. Don't know what I'm going to do with myself once I'm done with it since I've been playing these Mario games so much, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

nessisonett

@RR529 Oof, you’ve been busy! I really need to get back to Mario 64, I’ve only got a couple of stars left. Although, it came at the worst possible time, I’ve been binging Tekken, Trails and Assassin’s Creed this year so not sure I can binge Mario at the same time 😂

RR529

Toy Time Galaxy is thematically cool (and I love that classic theme remix), but I forgot how annoying it is trying to control that darned Spring powerup (granted, I rarely died, it just felt awkward), which definitely dampened the experience a tad.

Bonefin Galaxy was surprisingly dark (pay attention to the background effect when you're on the Toad ship (it's disembodied souls), but the boss fight there was really cool.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Ralizah

@RR529 As much as I love Galaxy, I'm a bit wary of finding out how the ray surfing controls with gyro.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RR529

@Ralizah, I died a few times during that segment, but I remembered doing the same in the original release as well.

Honestly the parts I've had the most trouble with have been Slingshot Galaxy (died a LOT here, because if you're off by just a hair you'll go careening into the void), the pull star race against the Boo (and losing a race still costs you a life for some reason), and the cleaning up the junk secret Star in Dreadnaught Galaxy (probably took me 30 tries, but at least you can try it again as much as you want as it doesn't cost you a life).

Honestly I don't think it's actually easier than 64 or Sunshine, it's just a lot more forgiving with a lot of invisible checkpoints & lives it gives out like candy (there are certainly some sections that would be irritating as heck without checkpoints, such as the moving platform segment in Dreadnaught Galaxy). Well, that and it controls a lot better than 64 at least.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

R1spam

I wondered if anyone had played ni no kuni on switch and what their thoughts were on handheld performance and the game overall? Its on for £8 in UK eshop and looks charming, though I'm not sure whether that lasts 40 odd hrs of jrpg sprawl

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

Ralizah

@R1spam 720p30 for handheld mode, from what I understand. It's basically the PS3 version of the game on a handheld.

I have the game, but haven't played it yet, so I can't comment on the actual quality of the experience.

Kidfried

@R1spam You can skip it for most part. Play Dragon Quest XI instead!

(The game isn't as good as the character art)

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

R1spam

@Kidfried @Ralizah cheers for the replies. I've downloaded the dragon quest XI demo and will give it a shot after I finish hollow knight.

XBOX: Placebo G

TheFrenchiestFry

Everyone's clamoring for an MGS remake for PS5 and I'm here just wondering why the hell the Octopath/Bravely Default team haven't remade Final Fantasy V as a Switch exclusive

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

Ralizah

@TheFrenchiestFry A FFVI remake in that vaguely chibi-ish style of the DS/PSP remake of IV would be amazing. S-E needs to redirect the funding that Tokyo RPG Factory is wasting to a small team of people who can pull that off.

nessisonett

@Ralizah I think the chibi style would work great for V but for VI, I’d either want Octopath style graphics or if they went 3D, similar to the FF8 remaster’s style.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic