Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 4,921 to 4,940 of 7,480

nessisonett

I’d kill for a realistic Bob Hoskins skin for Mario.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

I don't understand what impacts which levels I go to in Super Mario Bros. 35. It's very weird. Anyway, I've gotten first place once and been top five most of the time, which unlocks a mode where you try to collect the most coins or something. If you can manage to unlock a star, you can add hundreds of seconds on your timer easily.

@Kidfried Just curious: why not opt for the physical version if you're low on space?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

@Ralizah

I remember from my (3)DS I had the cases and carts lying around everywhere. On my Switch I just want to be able to take it out and not have to think about taking more stuff with me. I'm awfully forgetful too.

A bonus: the 35 euro in the digital sale vs 55 which is the price for physical here makes a difference as well.

I also like how video games don't really take up space anymore in my house

Kidfried

RR529

Tonight in Sunshine I got the 6th & 7th Shines in Ricco Harbor, the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Shines in Gelato Beach, and 4 Shines in Delfino Plaza (3 of which were Blue Coin trade ins). I have a total of 24 now.

I liked Ricco Harbor, which was like one huge jungle gym (aesthetically it reminded me a lot of Kirby: Planet Robobot's water world, which I really liked). Died a few times during the Blooper riding & FLUDD-less levels, but nothing too bad. My favorite in the world was the one where you had to climb the scaffolding to get into the big yellow cage.

So far Gelato Beach has been pretty breezy (though I know that could change at any moment, lol). The FLUDD-less level it started out with was by far the easiest yet (didn't die once), and I didn't find the missions where you have to knock the red birds off the mirrors or the (first?) Wriggler fight to be all that challenging.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Octane

@RR529 There's an eighth mission as well! Unless you want to do the minimum; 7 is enough in that case.

Octane

Octane

@Ralizah Do you have a guide or link I could use on how to fix the drift issue?

I've been playing Galaxy, but it's starting to become unbearable.

Does anyone know if the Pro Controller has the same problem?

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane

Alcohol + Qtip method (I've used this method on two joycons, and it has fixed the drift in both)

You might need to repeat the process a couple of times when you're doing it before it really sticks. After you clean it, it's important to re-calibrate the stick.

Replacing the analog stick method

Dunno why you'd do this, but you can if you want.

I've heard some people get drift on the Pro Controller, but I've not heard mass complaints about it like with the joycons. That might just be due to the fact that there's less of them out there compared to joycons, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Alcohol and a cotton bud just didn’t fix it for me. I really did have to replace the stick because it was utterly f**ked despite not even really playing my Switch much. Granted, I had to replace my Nunchucks once back in the day but it’s still a bit annoying.

Ralizah

@nessisonett Weird. I've had great success with the method, even with my friend's very badly drifting joycon. One go of it didn't fix the drift on his, though. I had to repeat the procedure multiple times in a row. But, afaik, it's still working good today.

It's kinda weird that the first company to normalize the use of analog sticks in gaming suddenly forgot how to make functional analog sticks.

nessisonett

I love how the latest attempt to take a dump on the Minecraft Smash DLC is “Sakurai sounds bored and hated making it”. I’m sure he was a lot more enthusiastic about making anime swordsman #9 and I say that as a FE fan.

RR529

Whomever designed that FLUDD-less level in Noki Bay (in the shell tower) is a sadist, lol. Granted, I only died like twice, but it was considerably longer than past FLUDD-less levels and had a few tricky sections.

Overall Noki Bay was a neat area with great sense of scale. The scuba missions took a little to get used to, but I didn't have a particularly hard time with them or anything.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

nessisonett

@RR529 I remember that one from when I was a kid. I remember dying a lot and being frustrated at the sheer length of it!

TheFrenchiestFry

I saw a fan mock up box art of someone's idea for a Switch version of MGS HD Collection that included Twin Snakes (seeing as how that one is tied up between Konami and Nintendo) and now I kinda want it

I don't particularly like Twin Snakes as a REMAKE but it is a great game nonetheless and a pretty energetic reimagining in its own right

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

Kidfried

@TheFrenchiestFry I just remembered the MGS HD collection is actually 10 years old already. Feels like yesterday I played those games for the last time, but... that is two houses ago for me. Personally I'd rather see a MGSIV remaster or a remake of any of the games in the series.

I still feel kind of ashamed to admit that although I had a GameCube I never played Twin Snakes. I guess I'd definitely give it a go if it was released on Switch.

Kidfried

Octane

@RR529 @nessisonett I like that one lol. The trick is double wall jumps on those wooden platforms. It's pretty much guaranteed to work. I think that's what they intended with that level.

Octane

TheFrenchiestFry

@Kidfried Twin Snakes is great but I definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hasn't already played the PS1 original given it's very different in terms of tone and energy

It's more of a reimagining or a what if scenario if MGS was made in the post-Matrix era where everyone was obsessed with copying its directorial style

It gets so over the top and nonsenical at points that it tends to make Rising look subtle by comparison, like when Snake has to take out the Hind-D, he rides an active missile into the sky, jumps off and then gets a clear shot as the missile explodes behind him like it's X-Men Origins Wolverine

TheFrenchiestFry

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry I’d kill for a proper PS5 remake of MGS that delivered the original’s tone with gameplay like 5.

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett I'd love a proper PS5 remake as well but I'd still like it to be top down personally
I feel like the constant switching between top down and stationary first-person heightened your difficulty to have a clear view of what was ahead of you and making you proceed with greater caution when it came to knowing if you were going to encounter a Geonome soldier or not

I don't think Phantom Pain's gameplay is going to translate well at all if anything given it's made for a completely different gameplay format and structure. MGS1 is considerably more linear and contained

TheFrenchiestFry

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry To be honest, I’m not a fan of when remakes just wholesale lift the original gameplay. If you want that style of game, just play the original. Of course, I basically hated the FF7 remake but that was down to plot nonsense. I’d prefer to see a full on reimagining that filled in some of the plot holes that later emerged and changed the scale of the island to make it better suited to a third person perspective. Snake Eater managed to pull off a mix of top-down and third-person perfectly.

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett Well Twin Snakes didn't do that per se
It largely tried to mesh MGS1's environment design with the added gameplay mechanics of MGS2 like first person aiming and hiding in lockers and stuff

It also changed how enemies worked since they actually have to be hidden within the facility in order to stay under the radar without soldiers growing suspicious of fallen comrades. It adds a unique dynamic to the stealth gameplay and I think changes like that would be what could make another remake in that vein benefit from an upgrade, as well as introducing certain story elements that reflect MGSV like the whole Venom Snake twist thing

I largely just want another remake because Twin Snakes is too different in terms of tone for me to consider it anything other than a reimagining of MGS1.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic