Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 5,201 to 5,220 of 5,582

Bentleyma

I’ve beaten several games over the last few weeks.

Baldur’s Gate
Baldur’s Gate II
Fort Solis (Got the plat)
Atomic Heart
The Bridge Curse: Road to Salvation (Got the plat)
Dead Island 2
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Enriesto

Recently FF16, Pikmin 4, and also replayed Dark Souls 3.

In honesty… I don’t think either the new final fantasy or pikmin are that impressive. Did I enjoy them? Absolutely. But they both suffered some serious flaws that I think held them back from masterpiece material. I’ll write more about it another time, on both games, but I find it curious why so many of my fellow gamers are so bonkers over them. They didn’t compel me the way I thought they might.

Onto the new Baldur’s Gate… will be a long time before I post completion on that!

Enriesto

KilloWertz

@Bentleyma I don't think you play enough games at once.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Bentleyma

@KilloWertz I’m trying to go back to playing one game at a time. I’ve had a week off work, so I was able to clear some of my backlog. I think I’ve done alright! Probably going to finish Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm tomorrow, then carry on with Red Dead Redemption on Friday. I do have Baldur’s Gate 3 to play as well, but I don’t count it because I’m playing co-op with my brother.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

Just finished the main quest of Dragons Dogma and thoroughly enjoyed it, a true 7th gen classic. Plenty of little things that people could niggle about but the overall experience is just a proper good old-fashioned open-world rpg.

Maps a little small but has some epic locations and secrets. Combat is a little floaty… but fighting the huge mythic beasts is awesome. Production values are ‘decent’ for the era it was made and generally the game is a great ‘action’ alternative to Oblivion and Skyrim… if nowhere near as big. As many people have previously told me, a hidden gem of a game.

Also, a nice surprise was how the game reminded me of Berserk’s Golden Age arc. If the Dark Souls series represents the gaming version of Berserk post the Golden Age, Dragons Dogma does a nice job of giving us the era preceding **** really hitting the fan.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Great to hear that you liked it! I’m really looking forward to what the sequel does with better technology and hopefully bigger budget.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah I have really high hopes for the sequel given Capcom recent output and their RE engine. Really hope it’ll reach a bigger audience this time too.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore How’s the platinum? I didn’t even try for it back when I played. Obtainable?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution definitely obtainable… but it’s a bit of a beast in all honesty. Will have to do a hard playthrough, as well as a 3 hour speed-run (which are obviously barriers in their own right) but the real issues come from obtaining 350 separate weapon and armour pieces and completing all non-notice board missions (so all main and side missions).

The weapon and armour pieces is a pain as you’re only able to open up a full vendor inventory of one vendor per playthrough, so you need to target specific vendors on each playthrough… and vendors ‘disappear’ at certain points in the narrative. Also many weapons and armour are very expensive when compared to my current funds.

The all non-notice board missions trophy is a pain as many missions can be automatically blocked by player actions and there’s no way (in game at least) to know what might block something down the line.

The final issue will be obtaining £50,000,000 and levelling up to 200… doable for sure but a massive grind.

I’ll be going for it but its platinum has pretty much all the factors that trophy hunters consider when attributing worth. The trophy guide suggests 6.5 out of 10 difficulty and 90-100 hours. I’d up the difficulty to 7.5 (not for the gameplay specifically but for everything else… time, blocked quests, grind, npc management etc.) and I reckon I’ll be up at the 150-200 hour mark.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Oof… that sounds rough. But I know you can do it!
You’re going to be hearing “Master, ‘Tis weak to fire!” in your dreams.

LtSarge

@sorteddan Ah I didn't know there was a secret ending! I probably won't replay it anytime soon but that's good to know in case I ever want to replay it in the future.

LtSarge

HallowMoonshadow

I finally beat Blasphemous

Was quite annoyed that I initially got Ending B (The bad end) despite seemingly doing everything for the "true" Ending (Ending C) that was introduced in an free dlc update/patch.

Turns out I hadn't done the incredibly cryptic requirements for Ending A that the true end leads off of so had to waste my time doing that before actually getting the true end.

If I hadn't stumbled into ending C's path I'd have SERIOUSLY been disappointed from how lame and uninteresting the bosses are mechanically. Only Crisanta (and I guess Escribar) are interesting from the original roster.

BUT goddamn were Sierpes & Isidora actually interesting and challenging bosses that actually made me use my goddamn brain, having to learn their patterns and weren't complete pushovers.

Crisanta's extra phase added in ending C's path was quite tough too and I only had a slither of health left when finally beating them. I actually got through the first health bar (the original fight) without losing any health which was pretty impressive

I'm 95% sure my game bugged out though against the "true" final boss as I had no health but could just keep carrying on fighting them. Wasn't that interesting of a fight though so I'm not too bothered.

I know people like to give the souls games flack for how cryptic they can be for lore and the likes and that's why all those lore videos are a thing (Not that hard to read the item descriptions and put things together yourself) but I thought this MUCH worse for that and I pretty much have 0 clue on the final boss' motivations beyond a very generic wanting to keep the status quo, stay in power and please the eldritch/higher powers deal.

I didn't really care for any of the side characters or the world building either?

So overall? Sadly very mixed to honestly negative feelings about the game as a whole for me.

Incredible art design/direction. Good music but nothing that really stood out to me. Boring traversal, mostly boring combat & rather boring bosses (from the base roster) from a mechanical perspective.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@HallowMoonshadow I’m surprised at the tepid experience with Blasphemous since most people have been high on it. The sequel is apparently better, but I’m not sure it addresses any of your concerns about the uninteresting world and characters. Also I think it might be current gen only and I doubt with the way you felt about the first game that it’s sequel would be a system seller for you. 😅

What are you on to next?

HallowMoonshadow

Blasphemous II is also on Switch I believe @Th3solution? Not that I'd get one of those for that either

It's real shame I've become so mixed on it because at first I was REALLY into it. I have to stress how unique the art design/style is even if it is pixel art. It's very good and nicely animated.

Maybe the bosses being rather easy is more of a me thing (like when I finally replayed Demon's Souls & Dark Souls 1 Remastered and found them a breeze) and in my mind I am comparing it to my first (and frankly the best) Metroidvania Hollow Knight so... Maybe I'm a just a smidge biased.

Still doesn't excuse the lack of traversal options, being a bit stingy with your options in general at first and feeling a bit too cryptic for certain things.

I actually beat my next game earlier.

Abzu

Dunno why I thought playing ocean based Journey would be any better then journey... Cus that really was just Journey but underwater

I'll be going back to Okage now though I feel. Though I might add another smaller title into the mix to compliment it.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

Uncharted 3. First time playing it because I played the series way out of order. It’s a good one. More streamlined than 2 for better and worse. Less annoying combat bits and some great set pieces but it also sort of just ends. Sure, I really think Uncharted 2’s Shambala section is overlong but the lost city in this one is like 2 chapters long. It’s a very very good game and definitely better than 1 but it probably is below 2 and 4 for me.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

MaulTsir

Spellforce 3 Reforced. Campaign Is about 20 hours long. Was an OK game, 6 and a half out of 10. Not really much to say other than it was on the ps plus extra and if you like top down games with a story and some building settlements and battles then you'll find this game enjoyable. I used it as a filler game. Not sure what I'm going to play next either.

MaulTsir

KAIRU

Just beat Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered.

It was fun. Visually it looks brilliant and there are some really good sections in the game. The web-slinging around New York is quite enjoyable and feels really smooth the vast majority of the time.

The combat was boring at the beginning but acquiring a few of the upgrades throughout the game made it less so, but there’s still room for improvement — maybe the upcoming Spider-Man 2 will address that. I never bothered with a good chunk of the side-content. I did a few of the side-missions but you’re having a laugh if you think I’m going to waste time chasing around after a load of birds. That’s what I used to do at the nightclubs when I was 16.

Overall it’s a decent game. 7/10.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

JohnnyShoulder

KAIRU wrote:

That’s what I used to do at the nightclubs when I was 16.

Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LN78

@KAIRU

KAIRU wrote:

Just beat Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered.

It was fun. Visually it looks brilliant....

It's not exactly going to sound visually brilliant is it? 🤣. Sorry, just a little pet peeve of mine!

LN78

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic