Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 4,601 to 4,620 of 4,635

RogerRoger

@MB81 Excellent, real glad you were finally able to enjoy Spidey! Totally agree with all of your comments, and am eagerly awaiting the sequel, too! Are you also gonna play Miles Morales, do you think?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Voltan If I played streaming games, I reckon I'd be nervous about things suddenly disappearing from the service, and would therefore earn as many trophies as possible before moving on. Have you enjoyed A Crack in Time enough to wanna stick with it?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

MB81

@RogerRoger for sure, loved the character, and also eager to see what the PS5 game looks like compared to PS4 Spider-man!
Anyone played the DLC?

PSN: MajorBriggs81

Lavalera

@MB81 yeah I played the dlc. It's basically more of the same. If you love the base game you will love the dlc as well

PSNid: Lavalera

grubsteak

Finally started up and played through Cyber Shadow. Got the Platinum. Really fun game. Just under 20 hours to platinum.

Game had an ambiguous ending I enjoyed.

grubsteak

Voltan

@RogerRoger I really don't think they'll take 1st party games down from the service. Of course nothing is guaranteed but that would be weird. The trophy list is rather reasonable (basically do all the optional stuff and then finish the game again on NG+ and hard difficulty) so I might go for it.

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@grubsteak had this on the wishlist for the longest… just never seems to go on sale. Looks awesome though and congrats on the plat.

[removed - inappropriate] ie PlayStation user

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder What did you miss out on? I assume there weren’t many/any bosses you missed?

And if you didn’t bother with the “Flames” ending, at least you saved yourself another 10hrs trying to do that damn platforming section!

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Cheers! Yeah I usually get like that after spending so much time in one game. People may not like this, but it has put me off playing Horizon FW and may jump straight to God Of War when it comes out, saving FW for early next year,

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho I did the Ranni ending, so the trophies for two of the other endings and the ones for obtaining the Legendary Armaments and Talismans.

I did everything to to get all the endings, I just chose not to get them lol. I didn't find the platforming too bad to reach the three fingers as I just jumped on all the messages. Don't think I died once getting to it.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RogerRoger

@MB81 Yeah, I'll second that recommendation from @Lavalera regarding Spidey's DLC. It carries a lot more story weight than I was expecting, and could be pretty essential going forward. Definitely check it out if you've got the time, access and patience for more Spidey, and do so before Miles Morales if possible!

@Voltan You're right, it's highly unlikely that a first-party game would disappear from the service, so I'm sure you could return to it later. Well, best of luck if and when you try for that platinum!

Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

Just finished Need for Speed: Payback on Series X. This was my first NFS game and I really liked it! It's heavily reminiscent of Forza Horizon in terms of delivering an open world racing experience and that's one of the reasons why I enjoyed it as I absolutely love Forza Horizon. The story was pretty decent as well, a lot of the story missions made it feel like I was playing a Fast & Furious game. They were definitely the highlights of the game.

Moreover, the way the game is structured is that you have five different kinds of races: race, runner, offroad, drag and drift. Race is your standard racing, runner is about getting away from the cops and ramming into them (like in the Burnout games), offroad is offroad racing, drag is driving to a certain point as fast as you can and drift is about getting as much drift points as you can within a certain time limit. My favourite kind was definitely runner as I loved driving away and ramming into vehicles. My least favourite was easily offroad as the offroad vehicles are so sensitive to any turn you make and so you would crash a lot during these races.

Another thing that could get annoying is having to constantly upgrade your vehicles before the next story mission. This aspect didn't matter that much with some race types, but with others it could make a huge difference. It doesn't help either that you need to come in first place in order to move on to the next story mission. So yeah, that made for some frustrating moments.

All in all though, this was a great game that I feel like not many people talk about. If you like the Forza Horizon series and are looking for a good entry point into Need for Speed, I'd say Payback is a good point to start. It definitely made me interested in checking out titles such as NFS Hot Pursuit and Burnout Paradise after really enjoying the runner races in Payback.

LtSarge

grubsteak

@colonelkilgore haha yeah same! I finally just bought it at normal price as I had run through my current games. Its a blast, once you get going it's hard to stop playing. addictive. I practically felt compelled to get the platinum

grubsteak

colonelkilgore

@grubsteak nice! I pretty much go for the plat on everything, so hopefully I’ll find the journey as enjoyable as you did. How would you rate the platinum-difficulty out of 10?

[removed - inappropriate] ie PlayStation user

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Thanks for your Need for Speed thoughts. After playing Most Wanted on PS Vita earlier in the year, I've been thinking about getting an equivalent experience on home console, so it's interesting and useful to read a broadly positive take. Will keep the Payback name in mind whenever I browse future sales, and remember that it's one of the better ones. Cheers!

Making It So Since 1987

grubsteak

@colonelkilgore Its probably a 7/10. There's really no super difficult trophies, but you do have to master the game, and it requires multiple playthroughs. All really fun though, you'll enjoy it.

grubsteak

JohnnyShoulder

Stray. Cool little game with a neat story and some characters that I came quite attached to by the end. Reccomended.

LtSarge

@RogerRoger No problem mate, thanks for reading! I am slowly starting to become a fan of racing games, including NFS. It's nice to be exploring a genre that I don't know much about.

I've also downloaded Most Wanted on Vita, which I'm super stoked to play since it's an open world racing game on a handheld device. I've also dug out my Vita collection and added WipEout 2048 as well as ModNation Racers: Road Trip to my backlog. Sadly, there aren't that many racing games on Vita and I've also looked through the digital PSP selection and it's fairly slim as well.

But yeah, the recent NFS games like Payback and Heat are good open world racing games for console. Definitely worth checking out.

LtSarge

JohnnyShoulder

@JudgeDredd Closer to 900.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic