Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 3,941 to 3,960 of 5,490

Thrillho

@Wesker The fact you have to “replay” the game multiple times to complete it is something that put me off playing the game for ages but each run is actually completely different and reveals more and more of the story.

Enjoy the craziness!

Thrillho

sorteddan

Have just defeated the final boss and watching credits roll on Children of Morta (PS4). I can't overstate how much I enjoyed this game. If you enjoy action RPG/roguelite, indie games and pixel art graphics you should really have a look the next time it appears in a sale. I still have a few trophies remaining so I haven't entirely finished yet (including one that's really not helped by my defective colour vision!). But loved the gameplay/progression loop and adored the charming narrative and soundtrack. Definitely my GoY thus far.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

crimsontadpoles

Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap. It's a fairly decent 2D Zelda adventure. I did quite enjoy the main gimmick, which lets Link shrink down to about the size of a bug. The dungeons and the main town were well designed around this, as navigating them is quite a different experience when Link is small. It was also cool to have a different villain for a change instead of the usual Ganondorf.

nessisonett

@crimsontadpoles That’s a few of us played it pretty recently! I thought it was decent too and I’m not typically a 2D Zelda fan. Just the final dungeon did my head in 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

I think that’s me actually beaten AC Valhalla. Just have fishing left and then that’s the platinum too. I genuinely cannot believe it pulled it off at the end. 85 bloody hours and I still finished the game feeling something for the world and the characters. The structure of the game finally pulled together at the end and the ‘everyone is here’ ensemble didn’t feel like an afterthought at all. Unfortunately, due to real historical events, a couple of characters didn’t really get a fantastic send off but that’s what happens when you play with history I guess. Somehow they made the modern day stuff work right at the end as well, leaving the series in a truly exciting place. I’ll try to avoid spoilers but I can absolutely see where they’re going with the live service-y Assassin’s Creed Infinity and after that ending, it could work. It can’t be overstated just how much of an accomplishment it is to wrap up such a long game in an actually satisfactory manner!

KilloWertz

@nessisonett I'm glad to see you ended up highly enjoying it in the end. Your previous post about it not ending made it seem like you may or may not have been enjoying it that much even though you had played it for 75 hours.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

nessisonett

@KilloWertz The nature of the weirdly episodic storylines means it’s an easy game to feel a bit bogged down by. Thankfully it picked up towards the end!

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett the fact that you’re left feeling positive on finishing Valhalla is great news. As someone who has grown to really like this franchise, all of the negative talk about it since it’s release has left me real cold on it. This has given me a little faith that when I eventually get to it, it’ll be worth the wait.

**** DLC!

Aramius

I Platinumed Horizon Zero Dawn last month (very good game, looking forward to the Forbidden West).
And i finisched both Uncharted games on PS5 this week (Still great games, but nothing new if you played them on PS4).

Edited on by Aramius

Aramius

colonelkilgore

@Indoorhero you’ve mentioned something there that is the bane of trophy hunters everywhere, namely… should I try and obtain these extra (superfluous to the narrative) very difficult post-game achievements now, while my skills at the game are at a maximum? Or should I avoid burn-out and return to it when I ‘fancy’ it… but my skills will be diminished?

There’s no right answer! I’ve done both on various games and there are pros and cons either way 🤷‍♂️

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Indoorhero lol… still to this day (like 4 years later) the Platinum for Immortal: Unchained still eats away at me. I’m one collectible (of around 300 total across the various collectibles within the game) away from the last trophy that would pop the platinum. As it’s a little known game, there isn’t much info out there on the web, so I contacted the devs. They told me it’s an rng drop from a particular enemy… let’s just say I killed that enemy enough that my PSN username will strike the fear of death into his digital descendants for eternity… didn’t frikkin’ drop though! Damn that game, damn trophy hunting… and damn rng drops.

I’ll probably go back and do an ng+ run one day in the hope that a refresh to the game world will do ‘something’ to the rng drop probability… and then be even more furious that it doesn’t drop during my second playthrough too!

Long story short… you couldn’t be more right 😅

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

ishaajo840

Wesker wrote:

NieR:Automata. Very cool game. One of the coolest I’ve played for a long time. At the end it says “You have witnessed the ‘A route’, but there are still many story elements and changes to gameplay systems you have not seen yet.” Pretty interesting approach to replayability…

Agree its a v.cool game, am too on Route B but I don't much prefer the funda of replayability.
It gets kinda boring , only playing to see the story. Hope play with 2A will be different and much better.

Edited on by ishaajo840

ishaajo840

JohnnyShoulder

Indoorhero wrote:

@colonelkilgore I'm probably blaspheming in the name of every trophy hunter here, but I'm at peace with leaving games un-platinumned no matter how close I am to getting it. I was keen to move onto another game after finishing HZD so it outweighed my desire to get the platinum.

Unless the platinum is fun to get or I can complete a game so the last thing I unlock is the game completion trophy followed by the platinum, I'm happy to leave it. Guardains of the Galaxy for example, I decided to leave because I wasn't prepared to play the entire game again and get collectibles (even if it was a super fun game).

Same here too. I think I've got two trophies left in Spider-man Miles Morales, but the NG+ playthrough I wasn't enjoying that much so I stopped. I may pick it up a bit later, but I will most likely trade it in before I fancy playing it again.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

sorteddan

@Indoorhero @JohnnyShoulder
I would go for it (I did!). NG+ can be done in around 2-3 hours if you just mainline the story missions and ignore everything else. can even be done in super easy more if you have done with the challenge. But hey if you guys don't want platinum trophies then all the more for me I guess.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Sorteddan It wasn't so much the time spent, more so I was beginning to not enjoy the game. And I would rather remember my time with the game with fondness rather than have it tarnished by just going for a platinum trophy and increase an meaningless number on my profile page.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BearsEatBeets

I recently finished Kena: Bridge of Spirits which was overall an enjoyable game. I found it surprisingly difficult though, even to the point of lowering the difficulty to 'Story' to stop me from getting frustrated with the game. I certainly won't be going for the Master difficulty for Plat in this one.

Also despite being a beautiful and well animated game did anyone else who played this find the sound mix in cutscenes dreadful. I rarely play with subtitles but had to turn them on because half of what was being said in cutscenes was completely drowned out by music.

So a few annoyances but an otherwise good game and interested to see what the studio does next.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

KilloWertz

@BearsEatBeets Hey, somebody else that struggled with the bosses enough to drop the difficulty at times. I still played the majority of the regular parts of the game at Normal, but dropped it for every boss. It was more frustrating than fun for me, so I had to and was glad I did. I was disappointed I wasn't enjoying it like I had hoped, but after dropping the difficulty and ended up loving the game.

Yeah, the sound wasn't mixed very well. It had a fantastic soundtrack, but I played the whole game with the subtitles on. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since it was their first game. It's not really a big deal to me in the end since I've played plenty of games with them on, but hopefully they learned from it. The sound mix for Guardians of the Galaxy, the game I'm playing through now, is fantastic.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

JohnnyShoulder

@KilloWertz I think a few of us here dropped the difficulty in Kena for some of the bosses. I didn't do it for every boss though, only the couple I struggled with.

@BearsEatBeets Weird, I don't recall any sound issues with the game.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic